Favorite Fire Emblem Lord?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tough call, but my favorite Lord is Seliph. Others user already wrote what makes Seliph special to them and I agree with most points, so I'm just gonna say this: Seliph's journey to rectify Sigurd's mistakes and surpass his father is the highlight of Genealogy of the Holy War to me.

Lucina would be my second favorite since her character is similar to Seliph's (maybe on purpose, since Chrom also has parallels with Sigurd), but I don't consider her a Lord since she isn't force deployed nor gives a game over if she dies, so I'm gonna pass her up in this list.

So, in my second place, there's Ephraim. Ephraim is cool, likeable and strong. There has been a bit of hate on him in recent times calling him a Gary Stu, but I couldn't disagree more. He abandoned his kingdom during an invasion to fight some skirmishes leaving his family behind, recklessly put himself and his loyal soldiers in danger for a pyrrhic victory, and expresses his desire to get rid of his responsibilities as King of Renais and become a mercenary. Even if you say that he is perfect after all, this seemingly perfection is one of the reasons Lyon to goes through the deep end. Also, he deserved to be in Smash.

Edited by Maof06

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Character wise: Eliwood                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Combat wise: Byleth

• 1 month later...

story-wise: ROY THE GOOD BOY!! i get why people gravitate away from the marth-esque, endlessly kind and not much else lords, but not all attempts at doing something different have been nearly as good as marth and specially roy. they really deliver their simple premises very well.

gameplay-wise: ... not roy lol

most lords are either kind of bad units or are in piss easy games regardless so it doesn't matter as much how good they are. RD ike is both great and in a hard game, but then i don't like how the game pushes him on you lol. i guess SELIPH is my favourite lord in gameplay? starts out adequate, not too bad or overpowering, will get a holy weapon and turn out incredible but late enough that it doesn't trivialise the game, is necessary to defeat the final boss either by using him in the battle itself or by using him to recruit back the cheese you need to make it easy. it's a good balance.

Edited by Axie

Storywise:I like marth(FE11), is the classic hero who fight the evil empire and save the humanity also when he take back the atlea castle is a epic and touching moment.

Gameplaywise: Hector and Ephraim, two lords without sword and can destroy whatever are in their ways

Honorable mentions:

Eirika
Ike

That's a hard choice! I like most of the lords in the games I've played for some reason or another. 

Characterization-wise, I think I'd say I like Claude, Eliwood, Lyn, and Chrom the best. Dimitri has a great arc as well, but I'm not sure that qualifies him to be my favorite in this case. PoR Ike is great too, but he fits well because he's surrounded by a phenomenal cast. 

Gameplay-wise, Lucina, Ephraim (my former favorite), Hector, Claude, and Dimitri win. The sheer flexibility that Corrin has should put them here too. 

Design-wise, Lucina, Chrom, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude (all post-timeskip), PoR Ike,  SoV Alm, Alfonse and Sharena. I really like Itsuki's Mirage form too!

Overall, I usually find myself favoring lords that don't play like neutral, "jack of all stats" lords outside of Eliwood and Chrom. (Lucina is a weird example, as I actually use her as a Swordmaster for a majority of my playthroughs after she learns all of her Great Lord class skills.)

Alm and Celica are good too, but I didn't connect with them as I did others. The same is true for Marth in the little bit of Shadow Dragon I've played. Roy was a solid unit in FE 6, but I never got past about Chapter 7. Besides, I know his reputation as a unit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have not played too many games, but I kinda have an opinion on the majority of the Lord of the series.
Usually, I like the protagonists, even if they tend to be quite denses and dumb sometimes (Chrom), so if I dislike a Lord is it probably because he's a true a*shole.

Character Wise: That's a really hard choice, but I'd say Claude, probably.
He's so different from the others, he is really charismatic but not boring as Ephraim, Eirika or Eliwood. I love the fact his main weapon is the bow, since that's my favourite weapon in the series, and he's great both pre and post timeskip.
Story wise, he is a really good character, I love his optimism and his tactician mind, but I have to admint he acts kinda stupid during Azure Moon and Silver Snow.
The second places goes to Dimitri, and the third to Chrom: he is bland, but Awakening was my first Fire Emblem game and I just can't dislike that dork.

Combat Wise: Dimitri. During the Academy phase he is a very good unit, probably not as much as Edelgard but by far the best unit of the Blue Lions.
After the timeskip he become op: high HP, great attack and a decent speed. During my first playtrough I could basically send him in the area with most enemies, skip the enemy turn animation and the result would be a total genocide of red units.
Plus, I love his attack animation (that fricking spin with the lance) and the critical quotes, in particoular the "insane" ones. Actually playing Crimson Flower, I am kinda scared of the chapter I'll have to fight him.
The second place goes to Hector, the third probably to Edelgard.

Very difficult question for me, personally. There are so many lords who I have grown to appreciate across the FE games that I have played. Though if I were to pick one, I think it would be the same for both character-wise and combat-wise. For me, my favorite lord all-around would have to be Leif, for sure.

Character-wise: I absolutely love FE4 and FE5. The Jugdral Saga is my favorite saga in the entire series, by far. Though Thracia 776 can be frustrating in many different areas, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story and character development are some of the many features that I enjoy. The idea of Leif being on the run from the Empire for most the game really instills that feeling of hopelessness from the beginning. Combined this with Leif's fierce desire to retake his homeland, and you get an incredibly likeable character personality-wise. Also, I love how despite the fact that Leif and Nanna are nobles, they still attract many commoners (many of whom are common thieves and townspeople) to fight with them. He's just a really likeable character with many friends of differing backgrounds.

Combat-wise: Leif is incredibly fun to use as a unit, in my opinion. Not only does he start out with the Light Brand, which is already 1-2 range, but it also provides players with the option to use normal weapons for physical damage, while also being able to use the Light Brand from afar for a magical attack. It presents the player with so many options early-game and I absolutely love it. Arguably, however, his playstyle is most enjoyable in FE4, where he can actually class-change into a mounted unit. Being able to class-change into Master Knight in FE4 and gain not just a mount, but also a proficiency in nearly all combat types is insane. But I love it. It allows him to fight with the same capacity as Seliph and Ares (which I love because it really makes the three of them look like their fathers' friendship). 

B15-076SRplus_SAMPLE.png