Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Benice said:

Speaking of characters, I've loved the whole cast so far, except for the second monster guy. He vaguely reminds me of Rutger, and that ain't a good thing

He grows into being a better character. Just needs some time.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Which would make more sense than Kiel being a bachelor as well.

But then who would be Xao Pi's counterpart? Or is Forte Kiel's?

Though seriously, you can neatly categorize the bachelors and bachelorettes, so it stands to reason that it was Illuminata + someone else, or neither. And said someone one would likely be Bado.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

He grows into being a better character. Just needs some time.

Sure hope so!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though seriously, you can neatly categorize the bachelors and bachelorettes, so it stands to reason that it was Illuminata + someone else, or neither.

Then just make Porcoline marriageable, and boom! Problem solved.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Really! I wonder why they removed that. Maybe hardware limitations?

Really doubt the hardware had anything to do with it.

It was likely just to balance it out.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But then who would be Xao Pi's counterpart? Or is Forte Kiel's?

The only marriageable candidates I see as being counterparts are Amber and Kiel due to childlike appearances. The rest I’ve never thought of in that way.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The only marriageable candidates I see as being counterparts are Amber and Kiel due to childlike appearances. The rest I’ve never thought of in that way.

Well...

Spoiler

Vishnal and Clorica are obvious, being both butlers (weird decision, but I guess Clorica being a proper maid was too obvious or on the nose?)
Margaret and Doug are the non-human options (actual non-human, and not Earthmates with monster traits like the other four)
Speaking of the four, Amber, Dylas, Dolce, and Leon counterpart each other, though it's less defined who would be with who there, but it's two male-female Earthmate pairs
Kiel and Forte maybe as being siblings who are both marriageable
Xao Pi and Arthur as the foreigners. At least, Arthur is definitely not from Selphia, and Xao Pi and her mother are also kinda not from there either, most likely.

Alternative, you can say Kiel and Xao Pi are counterparts for being the young-ish options. Though then that leaves Forte and Arthur, and there's less to connect them than Xao Pi and Arthur.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Where is this at? Looks very nice.

Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, which is in those rather forgettable Central Asian steppes. Construction started in 1972 during the Soviet era, and it continues to expand with an intent to keep in line the beauty. The subway is intended to visually inform about the nation's history, with stations named after Uzbek poets and writers and other figures, as well as traditional agricultural products like cotton and almonds.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's crazy how Amber is a bachelorette but Illuminata isn't.

Wouldn't have been the first time someone who looks like a bachelorette wasn't one.

latest?cb=20150223221741

They gave a guy named Gaius a crush on her, but if you delete that there's no reason she should've been off-limits.

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Which would make more sense than Kiel being a bachelor as well.

*Glimpses the character lineup"

...I see what they might have been doing with Kiel and Amber. Every RF prior to 4 had one little girl and little boy in it. I guess they did that to complete the town feel, it'd be totally weird for a town to have no children. Perhaps they wanted Kiel and Amber to serve the children role, but either didn't want to have the role just for the sake of it, or they were too lazy to write up two more grown marriage candidates and so converted the kids from ring boy and flower girl to husband and wife. 

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Glimpses the character lineup"

...I see what they might have been doing with Kiel and Amber. Every RF prior to 4 had one little girl and little boy in it. I guess they did that to complete the town feel, it'd be totally weird for a town to have no children. Perhaps they wanted Kiel and Amber to serve the children role, but either didn't want to have the role just for the sake of it, or they were too lazy to write up two more grown marriage candidates and so converted the kids from ring boy and flower girl to husband and wife. 

Which pretty much goes back to HM/SoS, as those archetype characters have appeared in a few of the games as well.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Xao Pi and Arthur as the foreigners. At least, Arthur is definitely not from Selphia, and Xao Pi and her mother are also kinda not from there either, most likely.

Ehhhhhhh this one's kinda stretching it. Arthur's not from Selphia but he's the prince of the country so calling him a foreigner isn't accurate. And even if you want to specify it to "not from Selphia", Clorica, Vishnal (iirc) and Doug also aren't from Selphia.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, which is in those rather forgettable Central Asian steppes. Construction started in 1972 during the Soviet era, and it continues to expand with an intent to keep in line the beauty. The subway is intended to visually inform about the nation's history, with stations named after Uzbek poets and writers and other figures, as well as traditional agricultural products like cotton and almonds.

So it's basically a subway that is also a history museum-lite. Neat.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

latest?cb=20150223221741

...I can't tell what's going on with this character design.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ehhhhhhh this one's kinda stretching it. Arthur's not from Selphia but he's the prince of the country so calling him a foreigner isn't accurate. And even if you want to specify it to "not from Selphia", Clorica, Vishnal (iirc) and Doug also aren't from Selphia.

Then why would Selphia need a reigning monarch if it wasn't another country different from Norad? As... honorary the title seems to be, admittedly.

Though yeah, there's no perfect six-pairs combinations. Though some do form clear pairs.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...I can't tell what's going on with this character design.

Evelyn is a fashion designer, albeit one of those eclectic ones.

She, her little sister Sofia, and their father are RF3's branch of the De Sainte-Coquille family, and definitely the oddball line.

latest?cb=20160207174501latest?cb=20111215205449

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

so Hot take: to me she looks younger than Amber

I cam imagine Amber being old enough to be married. Just a short girl

but not her

Ouch, she's an older sister of someone you can marry too. Does the swimsuit pic change your mind?

latest?cb=20160204010255

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I won the harvest festival with a potato. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

It tends to be easy in the first few years, since it's scaled to what you have first available.

It steps up later on, count on that. Well, you could still win with a potato, but likely has to be Lv10 now and stuff.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh yeah, it can get nasty at times. Specially the swords in a box attack.

If in doubt, throw the chairs and tables. You can do that. I think they do some decent damage too. Or at least, gives you a ranged option.

PAyAFX.jpg

*Giggle*

Delightful how it can educate little kids into doing things that parents may not expect out of them over some simple game. In this case life is more simpler than one may think.