• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Me: Oh, neat, I finally unlocked that last section of Selphia! Let's check it out!

The game:

Edited by Benice

@Benice Sounds like you’re moving along pretty quickly in RF4. What does your equipment and weapon setup look like? Your level? I mention it because you’re going to run into a bit of a steeper difficulty curve as you progress.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

@Benice Sounds like you’re moving along pretty quickly in RF4. What does your equipment and weapon setup look like? I mention it because you’re going to run into a bit of a wal

Yeah...I'm beginning to gather that I need good stuff since those hecking bugs make mincemeat out of me!

So far I've got a rod, a battleaxe, a steel sword, an iron shield, a vest, a hammer, a blue ribbon, leather gloves and a toy hammer.

I also have Escape, Fireball, The water lazer thing,  Reaping slash (or something like that) the shockwave-from-your-sword-thing, striking march, (which I haven't used yet) and apparently Cure. Not sure when I got that.

.In terms of licenses and resources, I've got over 100 stone and wood, (I think, the numbers are really hard to read) and the Airship, simple cooking, forge and medecine licenses.

Oh, and I'm level 22.

Also, JONES' BUSINESS IS A RACKET! HE HIRES PEOPLE TO BEAT ME UP SO HE CAN TAKE MY MONEY! He took me down to 0 gold. Twice. But the second time was because I was going to the beach festival to fish and checked out the new castle above the beach. Which apparently makes you fight Marionette again. Considering that my strategy was to hide behind Margaret and throw fireballs the first time, (Or eight times, since it took me that long to beat her) It was fairly one-sided since I had no Margaret. Or healing potions.

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yeah...I'm beginning to gather that I need good stuff since those hecking bugs make mincemeat out of me!

So far I've got a rod, a battleaxe, a steel sword, an iron shield, a vest, a hammer, a blue ribbon, leather gloves and a toy hammer.

I also have Escape, Fireball, The water lazer thing,  Reaping slash (or something like that) the shockwave-from-your-sword-thing, striking march, (which I haven't used yet) and apparently Cure. Not sure when I got that.

.In terms of licenses and resources, I've got over 100 stone and wood, (I think, the numbers are really hard to read) and the Airship, simple cooking, forge and medecine licenses.

Oh, and I'm level 22.

Also, JONES' BUSINESS IS A RACKET! HE HIRES PEOPLE TO BEAT ME UP SO HE CAN TAKE MY MONEY! He took me down to 0 gold. Twice. But the second time was because I was going to the beach festival to fish and checked out the new castle above the beach. Which apparently makes you fight Marionette again. Considering that my strategy was to hide behind Margaret and throw fireballs the first time, (Or eight times, since it took me that long to beat her) It was fairly one-sided since I had no Margaret. Or healing potions.

Your equipment actually sounds pretty okay for where you are. What I would do is keep fighting the enemies in the Water Ruins and Obsidian Mansion (but avoid the Marionetta battle) to level up your character instead of trying to move forward. Especially since you're at level 22. I think I was around level 30 something when I tackled the Obsidian Mansion.

You've got all your licenses. That's great. Now you can cook, craft, and forge your way to being even stronger.

Yeah, Jones is a rip-off. What I recommend you do is save before entering a dungeon at one of the save points nearby. If you die, hit L+R+Start+Select (or the keyboard equivalent). That will soft reset the game and you can load up a save file from where you left off without losing your gold.

I didn't notice the Zohar was shown in the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles X until just a bit ago. It's part of their main frame I guess, which means as always, it has some significance somewhere in a Xeno story. I always liked that they kept the Zohar around, maybe they want to make a connection?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I didn't notice the Zohar was shown in the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles X until just a bit ago. It's part of their main frame I guess, which means as always, it has some significance somewhere in a Xeno story. I always liked that they kept the Zohar around, maybe they want to make a connection?

They say this during a pre-release interview:

Although I didn't notice until later myself.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

My progress through RF4 is admittedly slow, but that's because I've been playing the game in short bursts and I'm taking my time with everything.
Still, I have almost everyone at friendship level 1 (except Forte, who is at 2... somehow) at the end of the first week, so... that's something, I guess.

Also, I entered my self-made dish that only uses a single turnip into the cooking contest and guess what? I got third place! Yes!
Either I am a natural genius, or Volkanon just has hilariously low standards. Leaning toward the latter, actually.

Kiel won and Margaret took second place, so congrats, you guys!
And apparently, Saber-- I mean, Forte is this game's resident Lethal Chef. Which just so happens to be one of my favorite comedy tropes. This also apparently applies to Vishnal, too, if his post-cooking festival comments were any indication. And in his case, it's even worse, since he wants to be a butler...

---

Nights of Azure, meanwhile, I got started on the final chapter and unlocked level 9 for Arnice, which also unlocks the final transformation of her weapon: the true power and form of the Demon Sword Jorth. This is without any doubt the strongest of the five weapon forms, since it has quite long range, is decently fast, has respectable AOE AND it deals bonus damage against pretty much every enemy in the game, including bosses.
Just for comparison, this is the "regular" sword form:
sFllpRz.jpg

And this is Jorth at its full power:
819O3ZE.jpg
The red area of the blade actually moves like a flow of blood. Makes that thing look quite otherworldly... which fits, because the way it moves when you swing it also matches that description. It bends and stretches like a whip.

Oh, and... here's just one example of what you can do with it:
hmJFXAz.jpg
It's strong attacks can also heal you, which is nice. And a skill you can learn increases EXP and Blood gain when you use this form of your weapon.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She, her little sister Sofia, and their father are RF3's branch of the De Sainte-Coquille family, and definitely the oddball line.

Ok that makes perfect sense now. The De Sainte-Coquille family isn't exactly what I'd call normal.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, JONES' BUSINESS IS A RACKET! HE HIRES PEOPLE TO BEAT ME UP SO HE CAN TAKE MY MONEY! He took me down to 0 gold.

American healthcare.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Which apparently makes you fight Marionette again. Considering that my strategy was to hide behind Margaret and throw fireballs the first time, (Or eight times, since it took me that long to beat her) It was fairly one-sided since I had no Margaret. Or healing potions.

Why didn't you just use the Escape spell?

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I knew that the Lifehold Pods were Zohar-shaped but I didn't think there was another instance of it in the game.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They say this during a pre-release interview:

Although I didn't notice until later myself.

but in 2 it clearly plays an important role that's isn't totally unlike the Zohar. So i'm confused, is it just there because they want you to speculate that it's something more, or do they add it in just to have it in there?

That was a pretty cool bit of information though, I have to admit that.

Just now, Armagon said:

I knew that the Lifehold Pods were Zohar-shaped but I didn't think there was another instance of it in the game.

Yep, and I just noticed it as well, and that's considering I actually played the game and missed it!

So, the big question here now: what does it mean? It has to be more than what they want you to think!

Spoiler

Also consider that they have Elma's pod linked to the Zohar, which while not a for sure connection, could be similar to the situation with KOS-MOS, as well. Edit: so they have 4 main characters linked to the Zohar somehow, and I think there's good reason for that. And of course let's not forget Alvis as well. 

Edited by lightcosmo