Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So, in my CK2 play, turns out there was a third Child of Destiny, a Catholic Finnish who created the kingdom of Suomi. Finland, basically.

This is mind boggling now. The probabilities for the CoD event chain are like, quite low, I think. And then turns out three of them appeared in short succession. Just what are the odds...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

will try

and probably fail

The Berwick experience is throwing your computer out the window then resurrecting it so you can keep playing.

The one who appeared in west-central Europe has just created the Kingdom of Frisia and made it her main title. Has allied with the King of Italy, who created an Anti-Pope. Pft, that one will last a while since the CoD still has A LOT of troops to field.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

The Berwick experience is throwing your computer out the window then resurrecting it so you can keep playing.

The RNG mechanics are definetly a big negetive in this game.

RNG capturing, weapon breaking at green, shields also being RNG i am not fond of, 1RN, etc..

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The RNG mechanics are definetly a big negetive in this game.

RNG capturing, weapon breaking at green, shields also being RNG i am not fond of, 1RN, etc..

I mostly agree, but I do like shields being RNG, since crits aren't a thing to worry about. I sorta wish Berwick would be remade for the switch or something and they removed the rng-based durability and captures.

Oh yeah crits dealing random 10-20 extra damage is something i dunno how to think about

it's a big buff to weaker units yeah, and a nerf to anyone dealing more than 10 damage, but also a huge nerf to armor units...

which always have been some of the weakest units in FE

Edited by Shrimperor

@Armagon A new Godzilla anime was recently announced to be airing next year, and it's a TV series unlike the anime trilogy. Technically speaking, I think this is the first actual Godzilla anime since the previous animated series weren't made in Japan. It will be animated by Bones and Orange (I'm not familiar with anime studios but hopefully they're good) and will use CGI and 2D animation (presumably Godzilla and other kaiju will be CG).

GSP_-_Godzilla_head.jpg

Toho usually tends to just use Mothra and King Ghidorah whenever they want kaiju other than Godzilla, but I hope less appreciated monsters get to show up here.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

ugh this map is awful

Yep. Kaga did Swamps first. And also second, because Gaiden. Still better than Marcel's map...

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Whatever happened to this thread being about teeheeing?

After the weird thing that happened months ago, the "general chat" thread became this one.

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

@Armagon A new Godzilla anime was recently announced to be airing next year, and it's a TV series unlike the anime trilogy. Technically speaking, I think this is the first actual Godzilla anime since the previous animated series weren't made in Japan. It will be animated by Bones and Orange (I'm not familiar with anime studios but hopefully they're good) and will use CGI and 2D animation (presumably Godzilla and other kaiju will be CG).

GSP_-_Godzilla_head.jpg

Toho usually tends to just use Mothra and King Ghidorah whenever they want kaiju other than Godzilla, but I hope less appreciated monsters get to show up here.

Please be good, please be good, please be good.

Bones did My Hero Academia and Mob Psycho 100 so as far as animation goes, they've got a pretty good track record as far as animation goes (Mob Psycho especially).

As for Orange, looking at their MAL page, they've done both Beastars and Land of the Lustrous, two CGI anime that are considered to be good.

So at least in the animation department, i'm not too worried. And though it's just a sketch, i got a feeling i might be liking this Godzilla over Godzilla Earth, at the very least from a visual standpoint.

1602031454-49fba237c4b7461b6047556adc256

The characters don't exactly scream Godzilla to me but then again who gives a shit about the humans? Looks like we might have a neat artstyle here at least.

If things go well, 2021 looks to be a good year for Godzilla fans. Godzilla: Singular Point is also interesting in that it's the first Japanese Godzilla TV series (unless you count that one infomercial series i saw on the Wikizilla trivia section). The closest we've had before was the Godzilla cameos in Zone Fighter. Other than that, there was the Hanna-Barbera series and Godzilla: The Animated Series, both of which were American-produced. So it is kinda surprising it took Japan this long to make a Godzilla TV series. And since it is a TV series, we'll likely be seeing a bunch of Toho Kaiju beyond just the big five. Because it absolutely will be a monster-of-the-week show.

29 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Whatever happened to this thread being about teeheeing?

It was a meme thread and then the original Last to Post thread started have seizures so discussion moved to this channel.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Stamp272.png
Please don't tell me I'd have to dance like that.

Also, if anyone knows what the heck this means, please tell me, because I have no idea. I just find it funny for some reason.
All I know is that it's an emoticon from a gacha game called Granblue Fantasy a friend told me about. And while I won't play that game itself (because I'm not too keen on gachas), these emoticons/stickers are really funny, so I've been using them occasionally.

DL_Sticker_Marth.png

I ultimately realized gatcha and mobile stuff in general isn't at all for me, but when I played it I did see this sticker in Dragalia Lost during the first Fire Emblem crossover event. There are Tiki, Chrom, and some FEH OCs ones too. I think Dragalia is made by the same people as Granblue.

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

RIP Brownie...
Bitten to death by a dinosaur because I wanted to get a treasure chest... *sniff*
oEgAHG7.png

F in the chat for Best Bear.

So you went for the brown bear? I was considering the panda, but went with the white tiger and named it "Sivurga"= Siva + Durga. Shiva is frequently shown sitting on a tiger skin, and Durga tends to be depicted riding a lion or tiger.

By the way, Beast I read was kinda bad in the original version of EO2 (which had the subtitle "Heroes of Lagaard"). Its only damage redirection technique was Loyalty, which was a passive with at most a 75% of taking hits intended for others. While there was at most a 22% damage reduction when taking Loyalty hits too, that was just a little mitigated by setting the defense stat of the Beast to the protected character's.:rolleyes: Loyalty triggers when an Alchemist gets attacked? Your Beast is going to feel it more than if it had protected a Landsknecht.

Though the EO2 Beast's Force Skill, there was no Force Boost, only a command skill, was Salivall. Who knew you could resurrect and heal everyone with a few licks?

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Relatable.txt
It's how I ended up making my characters complete whackjobs in my head, because I couldn't come up with anything else. XD

I've almost never written backstories for my characters myself, because I'm not good writing characters in the first place.

The most I ever did was for my Untold Classic team, wherein I picked the blonde lady Dark Hunter and turned her into a knight who left her post and created a new mercenary persona for herself when faced with some slander, taking with her with the mentally broken blonde male Troubadour whom she had found as child working in a brothel. I tried etching out a little for the shirtless female Ronin and androgynous female Hexer too, but it amounted to one scratch, I never did one bit of anything with the pink-haired Protector who finished the team either.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Aaaand Tamaki (which is the name I gave my Ronin) just insta-killed an F.O.E.
Never thought I'd ever see Beheading Cut's insta-kill property actually trigger.

mALLVkT.png
This here is MY bae. XD

Beheading Cut activated on a FOE, which probably has some resistance? I almost never use Bind/Ailment inflictors on classes not made for the job, so this is supremely fortunate good luck! 

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Victoria (Class: Gunner) - She pretends to be very fierce and bold, but is in actuality a huge softie. She found Brownie when he was still a cub and she was still a child, and the two have been inseperable since then. She's also a huge Jack Frost fangirl.

Wait, how can she be a Jack Frost fangirl? Do they exist in EO's world somewhere? Do video games exist and she owns a Virtual Boy with Jack Bros.?

A King Frost or Lucifroz crossover fight would've been cool in an EO game, though not a demon too demon-y or any grimdark alignment stuff. 

4 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Anyway @DragonFlames and @Interdimensional Observer which Etrian Odyssey demo should I get on the 3ds? 

I actually only played the EOIV demo, which covers the first cave and the first floor of the first labyrinth (EOIV has several large three-floor labyrinths and some much smaller caves). The EOV demo goes up to the third floor I think, which makes it larger than EOIV's demo I'd say.

Untold: The Millennium Girl's demo is Story Mode, so fixed characters with pre-set classes you can change only later (and not their stats). It again goes up to the third floor. Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight is Story Mode-only and again it's up to the third floor.

Nexus ...I'm surprised doesn't have a demo! But then again, I didn't need one for this since I fell in love with the franchise by this point. Being the longest title of the franchise, with throwbacks and classes from all prior ones, I'd say the lack of a demo is fine for Nexus, because it is more for fans of the franchise. Nexus probably shouldn't be played first.

So, which to pick?

• Story Mode's preset casts aren't reflective of IV, V, or Nexus, so if you may want to start with the IV or V demo.
    • Etrian Odyssey generally got a little better in terms of QoL, so if you end up liking the franchise and wanting to play it all, you may want to start with IV so it won't feel slightly dated later. The IV demo can give you a general sense of EO's gameplay, though V provides a bigger dose of it.
  • If you don't mind being roughly locked into a team, then you can play the Untold demos. You'll still get the general gameplay experience of combat and drawing a map through the labyrinth, that doesn't change. 
    • When I say "roughly" I mean because Alter Class exists. It is available and usable from the start in Untold 2, though you have to reach level 30 first to use it in Untold 1. Alter Class lets you swap into a different class and use its equipment and skills at the cost of your old class and 5 levels (so Alter Class early on and find what you like). Alter Class won't change the characters stats and stat growth however (and Fafnir can't Alter Class), meaning Arianna will have the stats of a Sovereign -her starting class- no matter if you turn her into a magical Alchemist or axe-toting Landsknecht.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gotta say, Kaga never forced the player to play through a midgame map with growth units that they may or may not have used.

I forgot to mention this earlier but this statement is no longer true as of Vestaria Saga. I talked about it before a few days ago. The route split that happens after Ch.15 where the units that go to each route is predetermined and most of the units that went to the other route were units that I barely used, if I even used them at all. I don't know if it would have resulted in a softlock but it absolutely would've resulted in an extremely painful time for multiple chapters as opposed to just being one.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Really? I feel like that's really only the case in FE7 and 6. Nobody ever misses in DSFE, the FE5 guys are great (although I can understand you wouldn't know if you quit FE5 so soon), Nolan in RD is godly... Even in GBA, FE8 has Garcia, who's pretty damn reliable.

Sadly, yes.
Although I do confess I got burned by Boyd a little bit, so I didn't give the Fighters in DSFE (except Barst, because I kinda liked his design) too many fair chances (I played Shadow Dragon right after Tellius). And when I played GBA FE, the "Boyd Pattern" repeated itself again (the same would later happen in Awakening and Fates), and so I wrote off infantry Axe users as not worth it.

11 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yep. Barst is pretty amazing for an axe user.

But Boyd has also always been amazing for me as well, so...

Hecking RNG is all I can say, lol.

Indeed. XD

10 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Losing because you misclicked is one of the worst things that happen to you in games period.

True.
And obligatory
F

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

DL_Sticker_Marth.png

I ultimately realized gatcha and mobile stuff in general isn't at all for me, but when I played it I did see this sticker in Dragalia Lost during the first Fire Emblem crossover event. There are Tiki, Chrom, and some FEH OCs ones too. I think Dragalia is made by the same people as Granblue.

I see!
That's neat!
As I said, I'm not into gachas myself, but the stickers in Granblue certainly have their humor to them, so I bookmarked the page on the wiki that has them.

So you went for the brown bear? I was considering the panda, but went with the white tiger and named it "Sivurga"= Siva + Durga. Shiva is frequently shown sitting on a tiger skin, and Durga tends to be depicted riding a lion or tiger.

Yep. I thought if I wanted a backstory like that, a brown bear would make the most sense. I was considering going with the panda myself because of that one comic (this one also gave me the idea to connect its backstory to my Gunner's)
latest?cb=20120728142602
but I ultimately decided to go with the brown bear, because I thought of the name "Brownie". XD

Interesting tidbit about Shiva and Durga there!

By the way, Beast I read was kinda bad in the original version of EO2 (which had the subtitle "Heroes of Lagaard"). Its only damage redirection technique was Loyalty, which was a passive with at most a 75% of taking hits intended for others. While there was at most a 22% damage reduction when taking Loyalty hits too, that was just a little mitigated by setting the defense stat of the Beast to the protected character's.:rolleyes: Loyalty triggers when an Alchemist gets attacked? Your Beast is going to feel it more than if it had protected a Landsknecht.

Oh yeah, that... does not sound very good.
Glad they changed it for Untold 2.
I'm thinking of maxing out the Hit Taker skill. In conjunction with my Hexer's Sapping Curse, it has been really helpful in mitigating damage.

Beheading Cut activated on a FOE, which probably has some resistance? I almost never use Bind/Ailment inflictors on classes not made for the job, so this is supremely fortunate good luck! 

It was, I admit!
The reason I used it was more out of desperation, since my entire party was already near death (I know I should've probably escaped, but the escape failed the first two times, and so I figured "it's all or nothing now"). Luckily, it paid off.
And the reason I got it for her in the first place is twofold: one, I saw that many enemies early on are weak to Bash attacks, so using Sheath Strike gives her an option to exploit that. And two, I know that the Stratum 2 boss is weak to ice, and so I figured I should get Frigid Slash as soon as I can, and Beheading Cut is a prerequisite to getting that. Beyond that, Drawing Stance increases turn speed, so I thought it the most useful for the time being.

Wait, how can she be a Jack Frost fangirl? Do they exist in EO's world somewhere? Do video games exist and she owns a Virtual Boy with Jack Bros.?

I put that in there, because the Gunner portrait I picked has a Jack Frost face on her hat, and so I figured why not make some weird crossover stuff? XD

I've almost never written backstories for my characters myself, because I'm not good writing characters in the first place.

The most I ever did was for my Untold Classic team, wherein I picked the blonde lady Dark Hunter and turned her into a knight who left her post and created a new mercenary persona for herself when faced with some slander, taking with her with the mentally broken blonde male Troubadour whom she had found as child working in a brothel. I tried etching out a little for the shirtless female Ronin and androgynous female Hexer too, but it amounted to one scratch, I never did one bit of anything with the pink-haired Protector who finished the team either.

You've certainly thought way harder about these than I did.

---

Also, @Sooks1016 I echo Interdimensional Observer's advice on which EO games to try out!

59 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, I downloaded Among Us on my phone. Time to see what the hype is all about, if I can figure out how the game plays first.

It’s quite fun! Good luck!

And I hope you don’t get voted off for any BS reasons