• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The good news is that Pharis does not give a shit about you if you aren't in a Skell.

The bad news is that the Noctilunt Sphere Interior had nothing of interest aside from Pharis so i just swam for no reason (you can't see it in the screenshot but the sphere interior is is basically a mini lake).

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If I buy any new game this year, it'll be Atelier Ryza 2.

And that one ain't even coming out this year.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit, you and your robot wars... Join us! Join us!

Well, I've yet to see such courtesy from the other side. At least I have one or two saying they'll try them... but until I actually see people actually playing...

On the flip side, I have Vestaria, so it's not like I can't play already the Kaga Sagas.

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

They wanted liberty from logic. Hence how they chose their president I have no clue either, though.

The electoral college be like

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

(incidentally, why in the world do Americans call it "Soccer" and handball "Football"? How does that make any sense?)

Something something patriotism and freedom. Go America!

20 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'm drunk... 

We know....

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

E-shop suits me just fine!
I probably want to play the first game first, though, just in case. XD

Honestly I recommend to start with 2.

They're not connected to each other, and 2 is more beginnerfriendly since the gameplay is improved and it features easier maps.

The only reason to start with 1 is, if you don't want to have high hopes for 1 after finishing 2.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And that one ain't even coming out this year.

Oh right, I forgot.
Whoops! XD

Just now, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Honestly I recommend to start with 2.

They're not connected to each other, and 2 is more beginnerfriendly since the gameplay is improved and it features easier maps.

The only reason to start with 1 is, if you don't want to have high hopes for 1 after finishing 2.

Oh, I see! I thought they were connected somehow!
Thank you for the info! ^^

Fun little fact. Soccer is what the British called it. Early enough for the United States to inherit it. They stopped using it, but the Americans didn't.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good luck!

Are you emulating the PSP version, or playing the PC version?

I'm a cheapskate and I'm not afraid to admit it!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I'm a cheapskate and I'm not afraid to admit it!

No, that's great. I'm glad you're doing that in case you don't enjoy the game so you don't waste your money.

Very little of the core experience is lost between versions.

Enjoy (hopefully)!

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I've yet to see such courtesy from the other side. At least I have one or two saying they'll try them... but until I actually see people actually playing...

On the flip side, I have Vestaria, so it's not like I can't play already the Kaga Sagas.

Hey, all jokes aside, that's fair enough. I'll shill Berwick for days, but I'm not out to force anyone to do anything.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Something something patriotism and freedom. Go America!

Celebrate with a hamburger and a gun.

In the meantime, I will go watch bullfighting and eat some paella before my siesta.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun little fact. Soccer is what the British called it. Early enough for the United States to inherit it. They stopped using it, but the Americans didn't.

I'm fine with Soccer. It's Football for a game where the ball is clearly held in and thrown with one's hands that confuses me. Where did that come from?

I can sacrifice Emmeryn? But she’s a recruitable... this is a three houses level fake out of player choice right?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Celebrate with a hamburger and a gun.

After voting of course!

Edited by Sooks1016

Devil Survivor 2 is 40€ on the e-shop right now.
Good lord!

Luckily, Atlus games go on sale quite often, so I think I'll wait for one of those.
Besides, it's holiday season soon, so I expect plenty of game sales in the cominth months.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, you're a Spaniard?

Yup. Well, I'm half-French actually, but I was born and raised in Spain.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What news brings the motherland?

Eh... Not much. We're handling Corona badly, but I suppose that's par for the course in this world. Oh, and the far right party tried to oust the government via a motion of no confidence. They failed miserably, setting the record for the lowest support to any motion in the history of the current Spanish democracy. Even the plain right party told them to fuck off. That was pretty hilarious.

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:
  Hide contents

Time travel retcons all huh?

Spoiler

Hey now, don't be so sure. Maybe her recruitment involves finding the long lost Aum Staff.

Seriously... where did that thing go. It's never said.

4 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

You sure about that? You SURE about that?

Spoiler

For one thing, she is dead in a sense. Death of identity is a thing. Makes it much more tragic to have a shell of what she once was.

... I'm bitter when it comes to those sort of things, speaking from experience...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I still have the Devil Survivor games on my radar, too.

Here's a, not very informative, minute of the battles. Having Megidoloan at the time when your opposition is Pyro Jacks is hacked or something else.:

As you see, movement on an SRPG grid, that transitions to SMT combat. Some explanation of what else you see here from me.:

• A human leader and two demons comprise a team, and as long as one demon is alive, the leader takes halved damaged. If the leader dies, the team is wiped off the map, be careful until Recarm shows up, when you can at last revive them with someone else.
  • Extra turns are similar to Press Turns, target weaknesses, deal critical hits, or have enemies hit your Resist/Nulls/Drain/Repel or better to gain them. Or you might a start a battle with one, the chance of which may be influenced by your Agility stat. You can lose Extra Turns if you hit an enemy's Resist/Null/Drain/Repel, get hit with a critical, or the enemy hits your weakness.
  • A skirmish lasts only one round of attacks without getting Extra Turns, which can only extend it to two rounds- no Extra Turns during an Extra Turn (barring if your has an Omega on it in DS2).
  • Getting the initiative -a boost to your Agility- happens if you initiate combat, giving some incentive to player phase.
  • The MC's ability to warp behind the Pyro Jack is because of Flight, which grants +1 Move and the ability to bypass enemies and obstacles. This is the Suparna's Race Skill. All demon types except Elements and Mitamas have a Racial skill, Flight is the Racial of the Avian race. Some Race Skills are passives, some are commands. Leaders can select from a variety of Auto Skills instead of having Race Skills.