Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I wasn't aware this was a contest. XD

IT'S ALWAYS A CONTEST! ONLY ONE VICTOR MAY REMAIN!!!!

No...Wait...MY NAME'S NOT VICTOR! I HAVE FAIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

World building ehhhhh, it's mainly just Jugdral.

Berwick has phenomenal worldbuilding IMO.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

'd say Tellius and 3H did world building better

I'm the only one who thinks Three Houses had really poor worldbuilding, aren't I?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

a chapter in Hector Mode has that same idea but done better because the map isn't the size of Asia.

That map kinda sucked, not gonna lie. Better than FE4, yeah. But not by much.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not sure what you mean by hub location.

Like, a base and stuff. (Tellius bases, Garreg mach) Navaron is probably the best, since it is really the best of both Garreg mach and the Tellius bases.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Berwick has phenomenal worldbuilding IMO.

Oh I was kinda limiting the discussion to purely FE. But if we're talking about the Sagas, I can't say much yet. Although Vestaria had like zero world building.

I'm the only one who thinks Three Houses had really poor worldbuilding, aren't I?

Rubino would agree with you but yeah, it's probably just you two.

That map kinda sucked, not gonna lie. Better than FE4, yeah. But not by much.

I didn't say it was a good map haha.

Like, a base and stuff. (Tellius bases, Garreg mach) Navaron is probably the best, since it is really the best of both Garreg mach and the Tellius bases.

Oh that. Ehhhhh, honestly I got no comment on this. Not saying I agree or disagree, just saying I don't really have anything to add.

My Castle is the best base tho haha gottem.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My Castle is the best base tho haha gottem.

tbh My Castle's honestly pretty good. The only problem is that you have to interact with the cast of characters to get stuff.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I guess because literally everything is told, and usually offscreen as well.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Out of how many?

Let's see:

• Sooks
  • Twilitfalchion
  • Armagon
  • Lightcosmo
  • Lightchao
  • Ruben
  • Draggy
  • Dad
  • Me

Unless I've forgotten someone else who frequents the thread, (I really hope I didn't...) all but me, Ruben and Shrimpy have not played a significant portion of Berwick and enjoyed it.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nope, I agree 3H's worldbuilding is poor. In fact I think the entire game is poor. I dont like it at all.

yawKSwI.jpg

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

If ever the phrase 'Kaga did it first' should annoy you, remember: 'Just because someone did it first doesn't mean they did it best'.

You--!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

that final room dafuq

Heh... Nasty, isn't it? Best of luck to you. You're almost there!

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, which sums up Kaga. Everything he did first, IntSys has since made better. Except Fog of War, Kaga out here making it actually balanced in Berwick while IntSys still refuses to do so. I know they did in Advance Wars but that's different.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know I just said this but I need to clarify, FE3 is still better than FE12.

Jesus, you out to disagree with me in every possible way, or what?

All jokes aside, if you don't mind, could you explain why FE3 is better? Aside from Kris. That's pretty obvious.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not sure what you mean by hub location.

Berwick's Navarron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garreg Mach Monastery.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not really. I think Three Houses is good when it comes to story. Overrated, maybe, but good nonetheless. It's the shitty maps and difficulty that kill the game for me. Nothing to do with the story, the characters or the worldbuilding.

I do feel that Berwick Saga does have better worldbuilding than Three Houses, but then again, I find Berwick Saga to be superior to Three Houses in literally every aspect except maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe music. Maybe.

Also it's Rubenio ya dick

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nope, I agree 3H's worldbuilding is poor. In fact I think the entire game is poor. I dont like it at all.

Agreed. I think it can do some cool stuff occasionally, but a lot of that is lost when the game doesn't integrate it AT ALL or waits until the last chapter of the game to give a lore dump.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Agreed. I think it can do some cool stuff occasionally, but a lot of that is lost when the game doesn't integrate it AT ALL or waits until the last chapter of the game to give a lore dump.

I maintain that Three Houses' worldbuilding is only marginally better than Fates', and this is by the brief glimpses of hope and having a map that isn't a strange, foggy mess.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

I guess because literally everything is told, and usually offscreen as well.

Tbf, that's like every game in the series. Tellius and 3H have pretty good world building but that's for the series' standards. Outside of characters, Fire Emblem's writing doesn't really go above average (I've said this before) when compared to other JRPGs. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing tho.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus, you out to disagree with me in every possible way, or what?

Lmao. It ain't my fault, I swear.

All jokes aside, if you don't mind, could you explain why FE3 is better? Aside from Kris. That's pretty obvious.

Though it is more archaic, I feel like FE12 is a modern game stuck in a classic game's body. Not to the extent like Shadow Dragon did but I don't feel like FE12's gameplay is as integrated with the classic structure as FE15. You know how people say Fire Emblem remakes are too faithful? There you go. Even 15, which did it the best, still feels like a modern game stuck in a classic game sometimes, though there is no reason to play FE2 outside of legacy reasons.

The sound design is also better. I prefer the classic renditions of FE3's songs over FE12's. Also the game just looks nicer. The DS Fire Emblem's are the ugliest games in the series. I won't talk about the graphics too much (though the sprites are bad, how do you mess up the sprites) but the art itself is just eugh imo. Three Houses also doesn't look that great (were it not for Sword and Shield existing, I'd say Three Houses is the ugliest first party Switch game) but it still has pretty neat artwork, which I can't say the same about DS FE.

Last thing, FE3 also does have an FE1 remake and despite it missing some chapters, that is the best version of FE1 imo. For the same reasons I just gave.

Not really. I think Three Houses is good when it comes to story. Overrated, maybe, but good nonetheless. It's the shitty maps and difficulty that kill the game for me.

Ah. I hadn't really read your opinions on the writing so I wasn't that sure.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

STOP FUCKING CRITTING ME FFS

Pain.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201023_131805.jpg

Don't mind me, just crusin' with the strongest enemy in the game.

Fun fact: Telethia, the Endbringer is the only Superboss in the entire series who will leave you alone as long as you don't provoke it. So if you want to get a selfie with him, nothing is really stopping you.

I like how at night high in the sky over the Divine Roost, it becomes impossible to see the ground beneath a veil of darkness, and the only light there is, is the wing tips of the Telethia. It has a certain, almost "extreme pressure depths of the ocean" like quality to it, and a general ominousness.

49 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Unfortunately. OpenEmu doesn’t have an option for turbo that I know of.

There is a fast-forward command, hold the key/button you assign it to during animations and whatnot.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

True, but I am one of two who dislikes TH on this thread, whereas there are about 4 who don't like Berwick.

I'm pretty neutral on 3H. I know naught of its plot, world, or characters, so I don't judge them, nor do I really know the music or animations. And I pretty much ignored the monastery. So all I understand of it is most of the gameplay, and on that don't have strong opinions.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Let's see:

• Sooks
  • Twilitfalchion
  • Armagon
  • Lightcosmo
  • Lightchao
  • Ruben
  • Draggy
  • Dad
  • Me

Unless I've forgotten someone else who frequents the thread, (I really hope I didn't...) all but me, Ruben and Shrimpy have not played a significant portion of Berwick and enjoyed it.

That is your end.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like how at night high in the sky over the Divine Roost, it becomes impossible to see the ground beneath a veil of darkness, and the only light there is, is the wing tips of the Telethia. It has a certain, almost "extreme pressure depths of the ocean" like quality to it, and a general ominousness.

I entered the area with fog as you can see in the screenshot and I did get the same impression. The Divine Roost does look kinda devoid of life (i thought the water on the ground was poison) but it's really more of a "you should not be here".

I just went inside the giant plant at the center and I was surprised ambushed by Joker. Didn't think there'd be a Tyrant in there.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

If ever the phrase 'Kaga did it first' should annoy you, remember: 'Just because someone did it first doesn't mean they did it best'.

IS did Sanaki better. Well, until they turned her into a child bride that is. Thanks Maeda.

That's... kinda about it.

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yes!

Oh my, is it heresy 'o clock already? xD

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Armagon and twilit are skeptical on it, but I don't think either of the two have voiced a distaste for it.

This is true. Although the hit rates and weapon durability systems can go die in a fire.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also I'm not discrediting his ideas, like I said before, Kaga tends to have neat ideas but just executes them horribly. So then comes along IntSys and takes Kaga's neat ideas and makes them much better.

Which is why FE as a series didn't fade into obscurity over time, imho.

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

Three Houses is carried by its characters, not its world building. Although I still think the world building is better than most of what the series has to offer.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Got critted right at the stairs to the throne

kill me

xD

F

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, that's like every game in the series. Tellius and 3H have pretty good world building but that's for the series' standards. Outside of characters, Fire Emblem's writing doesn't really go above average (I've said this before) when compared to other JRPGs. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing tho.

I wish IS would put more effort into FE's writing, but I'd also agree it's not as important in an SRPG as it is in a traditional JRPG, which live and die by their stories and characters.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is a fast-forward command, hold the key/button you assign it to during animations and whatnot.

Really? Thanks for letting me know. Idk how I missed that.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

hit rates

The hitrates aren't even that bad, though.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Although I still think the world building is better than most of what the series has to offer.

Ehhh....I'd rank it just below FE8 in terms of worldbuilding.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Three Houses is carried by its characters, not its world building.

Too bad those are mostly weak sauce as well

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wish IS would put more effort into FE's writing

As long as the writing doesn't get in the way of the gameplay, (something both FE4 and FE16 really suffer from) I don't care that much. Good story is better, though.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Really? Thanks for letting me know. Idk how I missed that.

I think it is default set to tab for most things.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Which is why FE as a series didn't fade into obscurity over time, imho.

A part of me does think that FE would've died if Kaga remained at the helm. Or at the very least, it wouldn't have gotten as big as it is today.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

wish IS would put more effort into FE's writing, but I'd also agree it's not as important in an SRPG as it is in a traditional JRPG, which live and die by their stories and characters.

If it comes to it, I'd say good characters are more important than a good story. But yeah, by design, SRPGs don't put as much effort into their writing.

Ah, nevermind.

More importantly, I simply must know what track plays in Wu's stage 2 in Warriors Orochi.
Because holy crap, that's a banger!

And nevermind again, because I've found it.

:headbanging cat:

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Benice said:

The hitrates aren't even that bad, though.

Yeah, plus the lower hitrates are really important to the combat system - if everyone had high hitrates, countering basically wouldn't even exist.