Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Benice said:

The hitrates aren't even that bad, though.

When the units miss 50-60% of the time, yes they are.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Too bad those are mostly weak sauce as well

They're certainly better developed than anything else the series has to offer along with Tellius.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A part of me does think that FE would've died if Kaga remained at the helm

Yeah, I do wholeheartedly believe that. Change isn't always good, but it was definitely what FE needed as a series moving forward and into the West.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just went inside the giant plant at the center and I was surprised ambushed by Joker. Didn't think there'd be a Tyrant in there.

Thats actually the Tyrant, or rather general location, used for grinding to 60/all classes mastered.

• A level 30 Skell can work, though a 50 is better.
  • Arm your Skell with a Meteor Launcher or better Phoenix Wings. Farm some Suids if you want first for some Appetizing Suid Tails to make SpecUp.R-ACC (or do Phoenix Wings use Melee? But Suids still drop the mat).
  • Then, lower yourself into the plant and use the art. Get in a second use of Meteor/Phoenix via a lucky Cockpit Time if you can, and then fly out before your Skell is destroyed.
  • Some of the high-level Blattas around the Tyrant itself should have been roasted dead. Yielding plenty of EXP, CP, and probably a bunch of weapons and armor you can keep or sell. Any Tatty Insect Wings you get should be converted into Slayer.INSECTOID augments to improve your ability to kill the Blattas again and again.

This works, because size DOES matter in XCX. Blattas are small, so even the strong can't OHKO a Skell, and in turn are liable to being killed relatively easily.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Yeah, plus the lower hitrates are really important to the combat system

high disagree here, considering late game high rates are the norm yet combat still works. Even better, i say.

But i will go into detail when i fucking kill the final boss xD

Or maybe tomorrow because i might as well directly sleep after haha

Oh yeah, PoR did Singers better then Tear Ring Saga did. Lyria's healing is like "Why even bother?". You just use it for the free EXP, really.

Funnily enough, the impractical additional songs Radiant Dawn added by reaching unrealistic high levels actually kind of mirror how nonsensical the improvement of Lyria's singing abilities are. I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall them to be rather baffling. The range increase is nice, though.

Edited by BrightBow

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

When the units miss 50-60% of the time, yes they are.

The only unit who does that is Sherlock, and that's due to his bad equipment. Adel and Leon will both have about 88+ hit from the beginning of the game, (IIRC base Leon hits 98 hit) Ward will have about 80, Reese will have about 80, Elbert will have about 80, (at least with swords, he'll struggle more with spears) Sylvis will easily have 80-90,  Christine will have 68 without aim and about 95 with aim. Dean will have very close to 100 as well. Ruby does struggle initially, Arthur is very competent,  Kramer will have 80-ish hit, Faye will have 80-ish and grows super quickly, Czene has eh hitrates but she doesn't need to fight to be useful, Axel has mediocre hitrates, (falls off more towards the lategame,) Daoud can get to 100 hitrate on everything, Esteban is very accurate, Owen is primarily a healer, etc.

Edited by Benice

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thats actually the Tyrant used for grinding to 60/all classes mastered.

Ah I see. I did see another strat where you use the G-Buster on one of the Lv.60 Zigs in Sylvalum. But that strat requires you to to have two or three Verum Skells (I didn't think the specific frame mattered but appearently it does determine what weapons you can use).

Regarding the strat you just mentioned though, would it be better if I unregistered the Skells of everyone except myself, to avoid one of them being destroyed on the way out?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

high disagree here, considering late game high rates are the norm yet combat still works. Even better, i say

I think it has to be considered, though, that those late game enemies also have skills and high stats, while the enemies present in the early game, when hitrates are low, are way less threatening. If you had the same endgame hitrates in the early game, it'd honestly be pretty breezy - enemies would pose little threat.

Just now, Benice said:

The only unit who does that is Sherlock, and that's due to his bad equipment. Adel and Leon will both have about 88+ hit from the beginning of the game, Ward will have about 80, Reese will have about 80, Elbert will have about 80, (at least with swords, he'll struggle more with spears) Sylvis will easily have 80-90,  Christine will have 68 without aim and about 95 with aim. Dean will have very close to 100 as well. Ruby does struggle initially, Arthur is very competent,  Kramer will have 80-ish hit, Faye will have 80-ish and grows super quickly, Czene has eh hitrates but she doesn't need to fight to be useful, Axel has mediocre hitrates, (falls off more towards the lategame,) Daoud can get to 100 hitrate on everything, Esteban is very accurate, Owen is primarily a healer, etc.

Thing is, RNG treats each player differently.

I haven't had such luck in my time with Berwick.

Spoiler
Just now, Shrimperor said:
Spoiler

qW8Bxoh.png

5e2ea03aa4963cda5e91d395c2587e6b.svg

Congrats! 27 turns ain't bad - my first time was like 45. 

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thing is, RNG treats each player differently.

I haven't had such luck in my time with Berwick.

Even if you miss 98% three times,  the fact of the matter is that you got ridiculously unlucky. On average, you miss that 2/100 times. If I am playing Three Houses and miss 88% twice in a row, it's just bad luck-especially since most of the time I had a more reliable way to hit.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

5e2ea03aa4963cda5e91d395c2587e6b.svg

Ey! Nice.

Edited by Benice

Thanks thanks 😄

2 minutes ago, Spara said:
  Hide contents

Congrats! 27 turns ain't bad - my first time was like 45. 

Spoiler

Last room alone took me like half the map xD

I finished up until Chaos in 15 turns, then it was picking off guys in the last room haha

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Even if you miss 98% three times,  the fact of the matter is that you got ridiculously unlucky. If I am playing Three Houses and miss 88% twice in a row, it's just bad luck-especially since most of the time I had a more reliable way to hit.

I mean, yeah.

But the thing is, it's not about the presence of RNG-influenced combat, but how often that luck swings against the player's favor that can make it an exercise in frustration.

Since you're comparing the two games, Three Houses, for example, does not tend to throw out such unpredictable misses and hits nearly as often.

I will say, the hitrates in Berwick aren't that bad, since the game does give you the tools to swing them in your favour, even early game

what makes the rng frustrating though is the combination with other factors

1RN

Shields being RNG

Capturing being RNG

Weapons randomly breaking (this is a biiiiiiiiiiig one)

Crits dealing random extra 10-20 damage

etc.

01-1000x1000.jpg

A Nendoroid that is in no way a distortion of the character it's supposed to hee. I hope it sells well! (But at $52.99, I'd never buy it myself.) I ❤️ Frosty!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah I see. I did see another strat where you use the G-Buster on one of the Lv.60 Zigs in Sylvalum. But that strat requires you to to have two or three Verum Skells (I didn't think the specific frame mattered but appearently it does determine what weapons you can use)

Weird, it shouldn't. Maybe it's something about the Overdrive, or does the Verus (it's Verus, not Verum, same Latin meaning "truth", but I'm just giving you a little correction here) come with a G-Buster upon purchase?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Regarding the strat you just mentioned though, would it be better if I unregistered the Skells of everyone except myself, to avoid one of them being destroyed on the way out?

You could, you don't need the AI's help with this. 

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Last room alone took me like half the map xD

I finished up until Chaos in 15 turns, then it was picking off guys in the last room haha

The first time I saw that room I was just thinking to myself "Oh, what fresh hell is this?!"

Funnily enough, I did basically the same thing on the left, using Larentia, Czene, and Ward to block the reinforcements. In my last run, my only MShielders were Reese, Ward, and Ruby, so I just had the latter two clog it up while the rest gunned it for Chaos. Managed to finish in 19 turns. 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Weird, it shouldn't.

No you're right, I just somehow didn't notice it. Oops, my bad.

But speaking of Skell weapons, I wish I could see the Art names when buying. I can see what they do but not what they're called and that isn't helpful.

Funny to read that FE would've declined or even died with Kaga when it declined after he left.

So you're saying it would've died even faster? Or maybe he could've kept the same thing that made Mystery and Genealogy sold over 500K copies? Thracia has the excuse of being a SNES game released in 1999 and still exclusive to Japan... and it still outsold Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

My Castle is the best base tho haha gottem.

My castle always felt extremely barebones.

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

GAAAAAAAHHH I MESSED UP

Ah I probably shouldn’t have asked that.

Probably ruined someone’s day...