Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Miku was a Domino's Pizza mascot once so clearly she isn't a stranger to unconventional crossovers.

Why does he look and sound like he's being held at gunpoint?

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Why does he look and sound like he's being held at gunpoint?

Because what white old executive man from the West wants to be holding a smartphone with the image of a cutesy girl named "Hatsoon Mekoo" on it who isn't actually real? Sorry Japan but you're just too weird. and advertise it? It's a total clash of everything possible.

43 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

This is probably my naivety but the anime movies can't be that bad

They are that bad. Peak wasted potential. The entire trilogy are among some of the most boring movies I've ever seen. If you want to know how boring, the anime trilogy is the only time where Burning Godzilla isn't exciting. And it really sucks that the Reiwa era of Godzilla films only had four movies in it because the anime trilogy makes it the worst Godzilla era in the franchise, which is unfortunate because the Reiwa era actually got a good start with Shin Godzilla. This might be a hot take but I feel that the Showa and Reiwa eras are the only Godzilla eras that began with a good movie (and funnily enough, Shin Godzilla is a soft remake of the original 1954). 

To compare the other "firsts" of the other eras:

The Return of Godzilla, which started the Heisei era honestly isn't that great. It's the only Heisei Godzilla movie I'd consider bad.

Godzilla 2000 started the Millennium era and it is very boring. In fact, the Millennium era had the roughest start, it had two bad movies before getting back on it's feet with GMK.

The MonsterVerse is basically in the same boat as the Heisei era. Started off bad (though to Godzilla 2014's credit, there are some good moments, most notably, the fatality Godzilla does on the female MUTO, and Kaiju fatalities seem to be a trend in the MonsterVerse) before picking up steam. Although it's still too early to judge the MonsterVerse imo. Both Kong: Skull Island and King of the Monsters are fantastic (with Skull Island being the best King Kong movie imo) but I'll wait until Godzilla vs Kong to properly judge the MonsterVerse.

I'm just rambling at this point though.

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

At least he got redemption through the Rulers of Earth comic, where he puts up a respectable showing against Godzilla and during the final battle.

Godzilla: The Animated Series also seems to be well received and it could be because it's way more faithful to Godzilla than the 98 movie ever was.

Edited by Armagon

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because what white old executive man from the West wants to be holding a smartphone with the image of a cutesy girl named "Hatsoon Mekoo" on it who isn't actually real? Sorry Japan but you're just too weird. and advertise it? It's a total clash of everything possible.

He sounds like me when I had to read Bible passages back when I took Catechism class.

Those were dark times, but at least I got one of my few good IRL friends out of it!

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They are that bad. Peak wasted potential. The entire trilogy are among some of the most boring movies I've ever seen. If you want to know how boring, the anime trilogy is the only time where Burning Godzilla isn't exciting. And it really sucks that the Reiwa era of Godzilla films only had four movies in it because the anime trilogy makes it the worst Godzilla era in the franchise, which is unfortunate because the Reiwa era actually got a good start with Shin Godzilla. This might be a hot take but I feel that the Showa and Reiwa eras are the only Godzilla eras that began with a good movie (and funnily enough, Shin Godzilla is a soft remake of the original 1954). 

To compare the other "firsts" of the other eras:

The Return of Godzilla, which started the Heisei era honestly isn't that great. It's the only Heisei Godzilla movie I'd consider bad.

Godzilla 2000 started the Millennium era and it is very boring. In fact, the Millennium era had the roughest start, it had two bad movies before getting back on it's feet with GMK.

The MonsterVerse is basically in the same boat as the Heisei era. Started off bad (though to Godzilla 2014's credit, there are some good moments, most notably, the fatality Godzilla does on the female MUTO, and Kaiju fatalities seem to be a trend in the MonsterVerse) before picking up steam. Although it's still too early to judge the MonsterVerse imo. Both Kong: Skull Island and King of the Monsters are fantastic (with Skull Island being the best King Kong movie imo) but I'll wait until Godzilla vs Kong to properly judge the MonsterVerse.

I'm just rambling at this point though.

Oh god. How drunk should I be if I wanna watch them?

I still need to see Skull Island. Unfortunately, my family (or at least my grandmother) doesn't have Netflix, so I'll have to wait until it comes on TV or something since my grandmother still has cable.

Also don't feel bad about rambling. I do that all the time when it's about things I'm passionate about.

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I approve!

So I'm assuming he's a personal favorite? If so, count me in on that! His whole segment is simply genius!

Yeah, Doopliss is a pretty fun character. He's an effective villain in addition to being entertaining, and unlike most chapter bosses he stays relevant to the plot even after his chapter ends. His shapeshifting ability enables the writers to make some clever twists, both with impersonating Mario and transforming into other characters later on. There's also the funny meta joke of him somehow removing the letter "p" (and only the lowercase "p") from the name input screen, which is a clever way of preventing the player from guessing his name before they're supposed to.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yeah, Doopliss is a pretty fun character. He's an effective villain in addition to being entertaining, and unlike most chapter bosses he stays relevant to the plot even after his chapter ends. His shapeshifting ability enables the writers to make some clever twists, both with impersonating Mario and transforming into other characters later on. There's also the funny meta joke of him somehow removing the letter "p" (and only the lowercase "p") from the name input screen, which is a clever way of preventing the player from guessing his name before they're supposed to.

I agree! I like how your partners are all like:

"Mario I kinda liked when you didn't talk more", when talking with the mayor of twilight town.

I also like how his name fits perfectly with all of the letters there as well.

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

How drunk should I be if I wanna watch them?

Enough for you to pass out so that when you wake up, the movies are over.

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I still need to see Skull Island. Unfortunately, my family (or at least my grandmother) doesn't have Netflix, so I'll have to wait until it comes on TV or something since my grandmother still has cable.

It's not on Netflix anyway. The MonsterVerse movies are on HBO Max. As for the rest of the franchises (both Godzilla and King Kong if you're interested)

• Godzilla 98 and the anime trilogy are on Netflix.
  • King Kong 2005, you could probably rent from Redbox or something. At any rate, getting a copy shouldn't be too hard to find, it is the definitive edition of the classic King Kong story. 

You'll have to pirate everything else unless you feel like spending $100+. Most of the Godzilla movies are found on Kissasian (and yes i do recommend you watch the Japanese ones in their original language) and the anime trilogy in particular can also be watched on whatever pirated anime streaming site of your choosing. You can also check Archive.org (which also has the English dub edits so make sure you're watching the original Japanese versions) because some of the movies aren't on Kissasian, (and then there's Godzilla vs Destoroyah, which is on Kissasian but the version there is Google translated so you'll have to go to Archive.org for subtitles that actually make sense). Kissasian and Archive.org is also where you'll find King Kong vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes, the two Toho-produced King Kong movies. Just as a warning though, Archive.org is wack sometimes so i wouldn't go there as my first option.

The original King Kong, Son of Kong, 1976 and King Kong Lives, you'll have to torrent. Although i do remember seeing the original King Kong and Son of Kong fully uploaded on YouTube so look there for those two.

If you want to watch the good movies and skip the bad ones, here's a link to my rankings (which is also on my sig but you might be on mobile so i'll leave the link here). I mention it on the description but i'll say it here as well: anything below Rebirth of Mothra 1, i would not recommend you watch. If you aren't interested in the Mothra and Rodan solo movies, then the original King Kong would be the cutoff point. I also recommend saving Final Wars for last (or at least until you've seen most of the movies that came before it, it's way more enjoyable that way).

Edited by Armagon

Wait, this was yesterday.

Happy Late Birthday, Annie!

(if she should read that)

Unfortunately I don't check out the calender nowadays.

At least above user was barely in time; exactly three minutes before deadline.

Anyways time to finish the longest videogame in my history books.

Just have to buy flowers for Sumi, and then it should be done.

I'm not really certain what to play next.

I grabbed Persona Q2, but I also have Sakura Wars, a series I always have been interested to play sometime.

Maybe I can handle somehow both simultenaously.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Alright, it's done!

Persona 5 Royal made its entrance in my history books for becoming my longest videogame of all time (93 hours). It was only about one hour longer than regular Persona 5, but it has to be taken into account that I skipped some dialogues. Otherwise it would have been +100 hours for sure. As I said before it's a great game, but the main flaw is to replay pretty much regular Persona 5 first to get into the extra story stuff. Still it was worth it imo because I could start / improve supports I failed in my regular run and very most of the gameplay changes worked very well. It was a somewhat tedious - because long - but also nice experience playing this game. Sumire is definitely an enrichment for the game, not only because she has the darkest backstory of all playable characters. I don't know how Persona 4 Golden is, but I have too little motivation to play through regular Persona 4 to discover the extra stuff. Anyways this was exhausting journey I have to recover from. I guess I'll take a break and playing a familar and shorter game like a rerun of FE10 or Echoes first before I'll continue with Persona Q2 and Sakura Wars. I also have to continue Tokyo Xanadu Ex which I also might will do first. Next days won't be made to play much since summer is going to return to its greatest. Good time to recover myself.

Edited by Julian Teehee

3 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Alright, it's done!

Persona 5 Royal made its entrance in my history books for becoming my longest videogame of all time (93 hours). It was only about one hour than regular Persona 5, but it has to be taken account that Iskipped some dialogues. Otherwise it would have been +100 hours for sure. As I said before, it's a great game, but the main flaw is to replay pretty much regular Persona 5 first to get into the extra story stuff. Still it was it worth imo because I could start / improve supports I failed in my regular run and very most of the gameplay changes worked very well. It was a somewhat tedious - because long - but also nice experience playing this game. Sumire is definitely an enrichment for the game, not only because she has the darkest backstory of all playable characters. I don't know how Persona 4 Golden is, but I have too little motivation to play through regular Persona 4 to discover the extra stuff. Anyways this was exhausting journey I have to recover from. I guess I'll take a break and playing a familar and shorter game like a rerun of FE10 or Echoes first before I'll continue with Persona Q2 and Sakura Wars. I also have to continue Tokyo Xanadu Ex which I also might will do first. Next days won't be made to play much since summer is going to return to its greatest. Good time to recover myself.

Congrats! 🙂

Edited by DragonFlames

Started Sakura Wars.

Interactions have to be decided within a timelimit and the answer affects the bond between characters. It's nice to see this back; gives me good Tales of Xillia 2 memories.

This game also features a Sumire. This name is really chasing me right now, but I doubt Yoshizawasan can be touched in terms of awesomeness.

45 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Congrats! 🙂

👍

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Enough for you to pass out so that when you wake up, the movies are over.

Not even booze makes them fun? Although tbf I can't legally drink yet

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's not on Netflix anyway. The MonsterVerse movies are on HBO Max. As for the rest of the franchises (both Godzilla and King Kong if you're interested)

• Godzilla 98 and the anime trilogy are on Netflix.
  • King Kong 2005, you could probably rent from Redbox or something. At any rate, getting a copy shouldn't be too hard to find, it is the definitive edition of the classic King Kong story. 

You'll have to pirate everything else unless you feel like spending $100+. Most of the Godzilla movies are found on Kissasian (and yes i do recommend you watch the Japanese ones in their original language) and the anime trilogy in particular can also be watched on whatever pirated anime streaming site of your choosing. You can also check Archive.org (which also has the English dub edits so make sure you're watching the original Japanese versions) because some of the movies aren't on Kissasian, (and then there's Godzilla vs Destoroyah, which is on Kissasian but the version there is Google translated so you'll have to go to Archive.org for subtitles that actually make sense). Kissasian and Archive.org is also where you'll find King Kong vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes, the two Toho-produced King Kong movies. Just as a warning though, Archive.org is wack sometimes so i wouldn't go there as my first option.

The original King Kong, Son of Kong, 1976 and King Kong Lives, you'll have to torrent. Although i do remember seeing the original King Kong and Son of Kong fully uploaded on YouTube so look there for those two.

If you want to watch the good movies and skip the bad ones, here's a link to my rankings (which is also on my sig but you might be on mobile so i'll leave the link here). I mention it on the description but i'll say it here as well: anything below Rebirth of Mothra 1, i would not recommend you watch. If you aren't interested in the Mothra and Rodan solo movies, then the original King Kong would be the cutoff point. I also recommend saving Final Wars for last (or at least until you've seen most of the movies that came before it, it's way more enjoyable that way).

Yo, ho, ho, it's a pirate's life for me, I guess!

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Happy birthday to the legendary @Magical Glace!

9 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Wait, this was yesterday.

Happy Late Birthday, Annie!

(if she should read that)

Late but thanks, thread I don't think I ever posted in!

(I don't go by she anymore though, usually just use they now)

Edited by Magical Glace

I just encountered the strangest glitch in Xenoblade 2

EhuGdM6VkAor48s?format=jpg&name=large

EhuGdNFUMAA25nn?format=jpg&name=large

If you can't tell, the QTEs during Blade Specials are just.....not there anymore. And this wasn't a one-time occurence, i just fought multiple enemies and every time i did a Blade Special, the QTEs would not pop-up. This actually isn't a good thing because without getting the Excellent QTEs, my Blade Specials are gonna be doing only base damage. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I'm an idiot. I somehow turned off QTEs without noticing.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Not even booze makes them fun?

Nah. The thing with Godzilla movies is that it's a spectacle, even the humans vs Godzilla stories. So when the spectacle isn't fun, you pretty much can't do anything about it.

Edited by Armagon

Finished RD Ch. 3-11. Hated the bridge chapter in PoR, and I hated it this time as well. Just tedious and frustrating, even with Tibarn's help.

So that's the blood pact plot bit that I've seen be mentioned by others. It's just meh, I guess? They needed a valid reason to keep Micaiah around, and I guess that was the best they could come up with.

As far as the plot as a whole goes, I'm interested to see how it all ties together in the rest of the game and if my questions and nitpicks about it will be resolved or addressed.

I'm positively surprised about Sakura Wars's gameplay.

I thought it's a round based RPG, but it's action based.

It's a cross of Tokyo Xanadu and maybe Warriors because masses of enemies do spawn.

(never played a Warriors game)

51 minutes ago, Magical Glace said:

It's ok, I don't blame you.

Ah, good to know!

How are you otherwise aside of having become more wise?

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Finished RD Ch. 3-11. Hated the bridge chapter in PoR, and I hated it this time as well. Just tedious and frustrating, even with Tibarn's help.

The bridge in FE10 is more annoying since trapped allies can't counter anymore.

Still 3-12 and especially 3-13 are harder challenges.

If you have beaten 3-13, then you have done the hardest part of this game.

3 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

If you have beaten 3-13, then you have done the hardest part of this game.

Seconding this.
3-13 is probably the hardest chapter in RD, I think, followed closely by Elincia's Gambit (if you don't use any BEXP on Haar, that is).