Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Random youtube track because why not XD

Never played the game, but track nostalgic af

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

nXCN6al.jpg
Although you collect memory clues simply by doing alchemy as well. You don't HAVE to do these.

interesting. Still, stuff like ''Big effect'' feels like ''gonna google this'' stuff just like alchemyriddle xD

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

interesting. Still, stuff like ''Big effect'' feels like ''gonna google this'' stuff just like alchemyriddle xD

Once the little 10/100 next to the "Collect Memory Clues" gets to 100/100, you unlock the recipe and thus story progress. Big effect just means that doing what's written underneath that (slaying the Silent Beast at Prospector's Strand, in this case) adds more points. That's all. And as I said, it's not like you HAVE to do that to progress, either. It just means it'll go faster. 😉

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Once the little 10/100 next to the "Collect Memory Clues" gets to 100/100, you unlock the recipe and thus story progress. Big effect just means that doing what's written underneath that (slaying the Silent Beast at Prospector's Strand, in this case) adds more points. That's all. And as I said, it's not like you HAVE to do that to progress, either. It just means it'll go faster. 😉

I see. Well, the next Atelier i am gonna tackle (and it will be a while before that) will either be dusk, mysterious trilogy or Ryza. But wanna play some other stuff first xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I see. Well, the next Atelier i am gonna tackle (and it will be a while before that) will either be dusk, mysterious trilogy or Ryza.

Okay! I'm not trying to convince you or change your mind or anything, just wanted to explain how it works! ^^

Of course, this is my bias talking since Sophie was my first Atelier game, but I recommend that one as your next game. Though I have yet to play the rest of that trilogy myself, so that's untreaded territory, even for me. But you're probably better off asking Armagon for recommendations, since he has played more Atelier games than I have. He can offer a better perspective, I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But wanna play some other stuff first xD

Enjoy! 🙂

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Of course, this is my bias talking since Sophie was my first Atelier game, but I recommend that one as your next game. Though I have yet to play the rest of that trilogy myself, so that's untreaded territory, even for me.

Interesting that you played Sophie first but didn't continue the mysterious trilogy.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Enjoy! 🙂

Thanks 😄

Next on the line is Astral Chain, probably

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Interesting that you played Sophie first but didn't continue the mysterious trilogy.

I honestly have no idea why I didn't do that myself.
If I remember correctly, Lydie & Suelle wasn't out when I got Sophie. But Firis should have been out by then, at least.

Maybe I just didn't see that there were more games? I honestly have no idea.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks 😄

Nice, nice! Have fun! 😀

BRO WHAT THE FUCK

No sign of giant battles seems to be a plus. Although this game is gonna suffer from massive prequel syndrome, considering BotW already showed us exactly how this ends.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know,  i've been wanting to play a game lately that makes you go wide eyed upon getting to new places. Dunno how to explain, but i want a classic adventure where it takes time between places, where arriving at a new town/country is a spectacle, where the cast grows closer together....

*whispers* Xenoblade 2

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

So Atelier Sophie and Firis also have something like the Alchemyriddle from what i read?

Atelier games without timelimits generally have something similar so that you can progress. Except Ryza, Ryza progresses like a normal JRPG and i expect the sequel will do the same.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Awesome!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No sign of giant battles seems to be a plus. Although this game is gonna suffer from massive prequel syndrome, considering BotW already showed us exactly how this ends.

Awesome. Like someone said in the comments, it's surprising that it wasn't leaked.

Breath of the Wild ~ The Golden Country is looking good, I wonder if Zelda will lose control of her powers and destroy Torna at the end.

I wasn't expecting HW to get a follow-up in this fashion, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Since this is canon and technically isn't a sequel to the first HW, I wonder what other characters we'll get besides Link, Zelda, and the champions. Maybe it will hint at what will happen in BotW2 in some way?

Edited by Lightchao42

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

BRO WHAT THE FUCK

This sounds weird to me too. I assumed (as many other probably assumed) that another HW would add the Champions, but that the game itself would be another massive intraseries crossover for the franchise. This "Persona 5 Scramble"-esque tie-in is unexpected. 

It sounds daring, but as I've no ties to BotW's plot, I'm think I'll skip it for now. If this is bold and experimental, may it succeed nonetheless.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although this game is gonna suffer from massive prequel syndrome, considering BotW already showed us exactly how this ends.

And Shakespeare tells you upfront that his plays will be a tragedy, history or comedy. Hasn't kept the stuff between the bookends from being worthless.

Not to mention, Torna. Which brings up the point of original-prequel (or sequel) inconsistencies. Let's face it, Minoth smiling at thoughts of Amalthus in XC2 is entirely antithetical to what we see of his thoughts of Amalthus in Torna. Whilst I'm not saying Nintendo should go and make major differences because it's inevitable that smaller ones at least will exist, but at the same time, room for revisionist artistic license.

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder what other characters we'll get besides Link, Zelda, and the champions.

Why not a good Shiekah? Ninjas are always welcome. A good ninja, as a proverb as I once heard went "makes you question whether they ever actually existed". Lost to records or intentionally left out even in Kakariko. A Korok because forest powers doesn't sound bad either, if a little too comical for this.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe it will hint at what will happen in BotW2 in some way?

I can see it. This is definitly here to keep us entertained until BotW 2 rolls around. But between this and BotW 2, i feel like maybe, just maybe, Nintendo is trying to make a series out of this. Which would be very interesting, Zelda rarely has direct stories like this. Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time and Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to Wind Waker (with Spirit Tracks taking place a century later) but i feel like this is something new.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Shakespeare tells you upfront that his plays will be a tragedy, history or comedy. Hasn't kept the stuff between the bookends from being worthless.

Not to mention, Torna. Which brings up the point of original-prequel (or sequel) inconsistencies. Let's face it, Minoth smiling at thoughts of Amalthus in XC2 is entirely antithetical to what we see of his thoughts of Amalthus in Torna. Whilst I'm not saying Nintendo should go and make major differences because it's inevitable that smaller ones at least will exist, but at the same time, room for revisionist artistic license.

While true, i think the difference between those examples is the simplifcation. Shakespeare plays tell you what the play will be but doesn't really tell you a whole lot outside of that. 

And in the case of Torna, it does have some mild inconsistencie but overall, the events of Torna are still very simplified in the main game. As early as Ch.2, you're given an idea of how the Aegis War ends but the war itself is still mostly a mystery to those who haven't played Torna, not to mention Torna doesn't even make the war a focus until halfway through the game. 

Meanwhile, BotW has like 12 (13?) in-depth flashbacks telling you what happened 100 years ago and then Champion's Ballad gives you another set of in-depth flashbacks telling you what happened 100 years ago and this is not counting all of the NPCs who also tell you what happened 100 years ago, some of who have lived through it.

Now i will say i'm still interested in what they do with this. Mainly, BotW made it seem like Ganon awakening and the Champions dying happened in like a day or two while Age of Calamity makes it look like an actual war. But my point is just that we know way too much about the events of Age of Calamity already. That's where my concern comes from.

Done with extra dungeon in Persona 5 Royal.

So I assume only the final boss is left unless the game won't grant me more surprises.

Before I yet have to use the remaining days to max some supports including Sumi of course.

I think I could finish the game in about 85 h (82 h done yet), so it would be shorter than my regular Persona 5 run.

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

So I assume only the final boss is left unless the game won't grant me more surprises.

It won’t kind of but I’ll leave that where it lies

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Before I yet have to use the remaining days to max some supports including Sumi of course

Hah I had all my confidants maxed(except sumi cause Y’know) before I even beat yaldobath. This game gives you a shit ton of free time honestly.

8 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Pokémon is the reason I resist to group pressure.

I was the only one in my school class who did not collect these stupid cards.

And this also made me become what I still am 20 years later: a lonely person

That is rough. I'm sorry that happened to you.
But being able to resist peer pressure is a good thing, at least.

I used to be passionate about the series, because it helped me through some very rough times as a child (also why the second Pokémon movie is to this day one of my all-time favorite movies in general, but that's another story).
But at school, I would often get bullied for playing the games (though that stopped once I entered 7th grade). And then I discovered other games that I came to like a whole lot more (Tales, Fire Emblem), then I got to know the utter shit-show that is the Pokémon fanbase at large (the FE fanbase at its worst is nothing compared to the Pokémon "community"), and my interest in the series waned and waned until I finally decided to quit the series entirely when Gen 7 came along and did none of the things I used to like about the series.
By then, my nostalgia and emotional connection to the old games has completely faded away, too, and today, I struggle to see the mainline games as anything better than average, even at their best.

14 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Also Pikachu exists.

Always hoped Team Rocket would catch it finally to shut it up.

Yes, this was the reason I watched this series, ngl.

I liked the anime series, honestly, but they should've replaced Ash with someone else by the time season 3 came along.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You should read PokeSpe

I did read a few chapters of that. But by now, I just don't want anything to do with that series anymore.
I'd rather read some of the manga you recommended to me. There's some really good stuff in there, but I'm pretty much caught up on everything. XD