• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, I understand that, but his damage output was kinda insane for an earlygame boss.

Umm, i'm not sure?

Fair enough.

In any instance, good things will come to those who get lots of kitties. You have been using cat dispatch, right...?

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd rather read some of the manga you recommended to me. There's some really good stuff in there, but I'm pretty much caught up on everything. XD

Some more recs then xD

Frieren at the Funeral

Tricks dedicated to Witches

The Demon King's Daughter Is Way Too Easy

People in the Okanagan: Great, we finally get to have summer where not everything is on fire and we can actually go outside! We've made it past the danger months!

September: SIKE!

Ugh...It's dreadful out... I can barely see the houses in front of ours...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Take care, man!

Thanks! Looks like I won't be going swimming today, though. Ah well, I'll find something do.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

To be able to subsist off of such things would be nice Shrimp-kun, but my blasted soul yearns for more... 

38 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is rough. I'm sorry that happened to you.
But being able to resist peer pressure is a good thing, at least.

I used to be passionate about the series, because it helped me through some very rough times as a child (also why the second Pokémon movie is to this day one of my all-time favorite movies in general, but that's another story).
But at school, I would often get bullied for playing the games (though that stopped once I entered 7th grade). And then I discovered other games that I came to like a whole lot more (Tales, Fire Emblem), then I got to know the utter shit-show that is the Pokémon fanbase at large (the FE fanbase at its worst is nothing compared to the Pokémon "community"), and my interest in the series waned and waned until I finally decided to quit the series entirely when Gen 7 came along and did none of the things I used to like about the series.
By then, my nostalgia and emotional connection to the old games has completely faded away, too, and today, I struggle to see the mainline games as anything better than average, even at their best.

I liked the anime series, honestly, but they should've replaced Ash with someone else by the time season 3 came along.

I see I was too late...

I deleted the part not to spread hate.

Pokémon opened my eyes what overpresentation can do to little children: it brainwashes

Children had to collect the cards and play the games to be accepted in the society. This was the case for me. I learned at young age how to spend money wisely (unlike today unfortunately). I never followed current trends because I didn't let me drum into by anyone else and had my own decisions.

That Pokémon still can have bad influence to the children showed me when I faced a two or three year old child who made Pika-Pika noises in the train.

PS: I even played Pokémon games (X and Y) because I accept this series for its gameplay.

I simply despise the overrepresentation (mainly in form of Pikachu).

Edit: This will be my final words for today not to cause more hatred than I already did.

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

I see I was too late...

I deleted the part not to spread hate.

It's alright! Sometimes we just need to vent.

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I never followed current trends because I didn't let me drum into by anyone else and had my own decisions.

A wise choice.
And the reason I, to this day, still don't own a smartphone. XD

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I simply despise the overrepresentation (mainly in form of Pikachu).

I understand.

45 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is rough. I'm sorry that happened to you.
But being able to resist peer pressure is a good thing, at least.

I used to be passionate about the series, because it helped me through some very rough times as a child (also why the second Pokémon movie is to this day one of my all-time favorite movies in general, but that's another story).
But at school, I would often get bullied for playing the games (though that stopped once I entered 7th grade). And then I discovered other games that I came to like a whole lot more (Tales, Fire Emblem), then I got to know the utter shit-show that is the Pokémon fanbase at large (the FE fanbase at its worst is nothing compared to the Pokémon "community"), and my interest in the series waned and waned until I finally decided to quit the series entirely when Gen 7 came along and did none of the things I used to like about the series.
By then, my nostalgia and emotional connection to the old games has completely faded away, too, and today, I struggle to see the mainline games as anything better than average, even at their best.

Welcome to the Black Company Draggy! Take your complimentary free pint and feel free to join the other hard bitten members at cards anytime you like. Just don't play with One-Eye, the bastard cheats! 

Edited by Wraith

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Welcome to the Black Company Draggy! Take your complimentary free pint and feel free to join the other hard bitten members at cards anytime you like. Just don't play with One-Eye, the bastard cheats! 

No thanks. I don't drink alcohol. And I have no intention of ever doing so.
Also, I am still perfectly happy as a member of the Knights of Teehee.
jNWKLqT.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

WxdTNTz.png

YES! YES! YEEESSSSS! THAT'S MY BOY ESTIE THE BESTIE!

This right here is death pictured. He will now ORKO literally every enemy that has less than 80 bulk. (Which are only wyverns, who are exceptionally rare, and Gigas knights, who only appear once in a blue moon.)

Edited by Benice

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

WxdTNTz.png

YES! YES! YEEESSSSS! THAT'S MY BOY ESTIE THE BESTIE!

This right here is death pictured. He will now ORKO literally every enemy that has less than 80 bulk. (Which are only wyverns, who are exceptionally rare, and Gigas knights, who only appear once in a blue moon.)

CURSED EMULATOR! CURSED GAME!! HACKS!!! SAVE SCUMMER!!!

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

CURSED EMULATOR! CURSED GAME!! HACKS!!! SAVE SCUMMER!!!

SUFFER! WITH PURSUIT AND 35 X 2 ATTACK, ESTEBAN WILL RULE THE WOORRRRLLLLLDDDD!!!!

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I’d actually convinced myself to play, but now I’m super tired...

Don't force yourself to play if you don't want to! In fact, I hack into your game and make Faye say bad puns every single time you do anything if you force yourself to play!

(By the way, pursuit is absolutely broken-you get a guaranteed follow-up attack as long as your AS is 5 higher than your foes', which is very easy to do. Estie gets it at level 20.)

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Don't force yourself to play if you don't want to! In fact, I hack into your game and make Faye say bad puns every single time you do anything if you force yourself to play!

Time to only play when I don’t want to

I want to play, I just wasn’t expecting the day to be so exhausting... I think I might 🤔

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

I want to play, I just wasn’t expecting the day to be so exhausting... I think I might 🤔

Only if you feel like it, my guy. May Adel be blessed with many spear points so he might promote someday.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-08-at-2-25-54-PM.png

Sagi: "Isn't that reason enough?"

Screen-Shot-2020-09-08-at-2-24-59-PM.png

It's pure coincidence, but Guillo sounds like the perfect Blade here. Though I did snip out (b/c spoilers) all of Guillo's slow, not-angry, factual talk to Sagi about what they're currently up against, Guillo's opinion that Sagi should stay out of it, and Sagi's stated motivations as to why he wants to stay involved. That Guillo opts to remain loyal and protect Sagi against the dangers that await, and Guillo unlike a Blade isn't bound to Sagi at all, is all the more endearing for me.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

(By the way, pursuit is absolutely broken-you get a guaranteed follow-up attack as long as your AS is 5 higher than your foes', which is very easy to do. Estie gets it at level 20.)

How late is 20? From the one playthrough I watched, it seemed EXP gain was fairly slow. Paramythis coming at 16 four fights from the end, makes Esteban's Pursuit sound a little like a lategame overrated boost.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

No thanks. I don't drink alcohol. And I have no intention of ever doing so.
Also, I am still perfectly happy as a member of the Knights of Teehee.
jNWKLqT.jpg

You’re lose. *Wraith takes another swig and continues play Tonk with One-Eye*

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How late is 20? From the one playthrough I watched, it seemed EXP gain was fairly slow.

EXP gain is very slow in Berwick, but I find that towards the late-midgame, enemies are at a high level so your units level pretty fast.

Most of my units right now are around sixteen, (Faye is at level 21, Aegina is 18, Enid is 19, Saphira is 15, and the rest really haven't been deployed enough times to be on the same level, but Adel and Leon are both at around 14, last I checked.)  and I'm at about the 2/3 way mark of the game. (Chapter 10 of 15)  Level 20 is high, but not absurd, I'd say.  Especially since archers pick up kills very easily due to the potency of their weapon type and Rossweisse being very easy to get. Esteban's OP prf weapon that he gets in Scorpion's sting also really helps him.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Paramythis coming at 16 four fights from the end, makes Esteban's Pursuit sound a little like a lategame overrated boost.

Oh wow, that's pretty underleveled. I haven't actually finished Berwick yet, but I can say that judging by the fact that four of my units are near level 20, it's not too high of a bar for pursuit. That said, I'm not using that many units. I always want to deploy more than there are slots, though.