Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, DragonFlames said:

According to Wikipedia, chocolate came to Austria in 1602, 100 years after it was first brought to Europe, so chances are low that it was available in Germany in 1585

Poor MC-kun xD

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

At that year, likely no sugar either.

Still, could've been worse for them. Could've traveled to Pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, and then they'd have chocolate that had chili peppers... really.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I am trying to find sources on drinkable medicine thing XD

all i found was ''it was used as a refreshing drink'' hmmm

https://www.heritagedaily.com/2020/03/medicinal-and-ritualistic-uses-for-chocolate-in-mesoamerica-2/98809#:~:text=Ancient Aztec sources can trace the use of,body both internally and externally (Dillinger et

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks!

The Florentine Codex (1590 AD) contained an enormous list of medical uses for chocolate. It was prepared by priest Bernardino de Sahagun from Spain who lived and worked in the ‘New Spain’ for 60 years, collecting vital medicinal information regarding the use of chocolate for the body both internally and externally (Dillinger et al. 2000)

Hmm
So might not be that farfetched after all, hmm

yeah i know it's a manga and all, but still xD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Baited with ''Chocolatl''

xD

Reminds me of Fairy Fencer, kinda. XD

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Very educational, thank you!

Hmm
So might not be that farfetched after all, hmm

yeah i know it's a manga and all, but still xD

Creative freedom, I say!

I find a bit amusing this passage in Wikipedia:

Loathsome to such as are not acquainted with it, having a scum or froth that is very unpleasant taste. Yet it is a drink very much esteemed among the Indians, wherewith they feast noble men who pass through their country. The Spaniards, both men and women that are accustomed to the country are very greedy of this chocolate. They say they make diverse sorts of it, some hot, some cold, and some temperate, and put therein much of that "chili"; yea, they make paste thereof, the which they say is good for the stomach and against the catarrh.

So anyway... what manga is that?

''It seemed more like a drink for pigs than a drink for humanity………But then, as there was a shortage of wine, so as not to be always drinking water, I did like the others. The taste is somewhat bitter, it satisfies and refreshes the body, but does not inebriate, and it is the best and most expensive merchandise, according to the Indians of that country (Benzoni 1575)''

Tfw for pigs. Benzoni, you deserve living in the 1500s

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So anyway... what manga is that?

Tricks dedicated to Witches

Where a show Magician (those slight of hand guys, not fantasy magic) time travels to the mentioned era after an accident in his last show

Looking up art of Nep characters is a friggin' minefield. Jesus.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Tricks dedicated to Witches

Where a show Magician (those slight of hand guys, not fantasy magic) time travels to the mentioned era after an accident in his last show

Methinks I should read that one. It seems funny!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Looking up art of Nep characters is a friggin' minefield. Jesus

Yes.

And it's not just about pervy stuff either, some stuff is really quite bad.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Methinks I should read that one. It seems funny!

The 3 chapters released so far have been really really good. Hopefully it keeps up!

Yes.

And it's not just about pervy stuff either, some stuff is really quite bad.

Sad, but very true.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The 3 chapters released so far have been really really good. Hopefully it keeps up!

Nice, nice! Will definitely add this to the list then! ^^

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Haha!
Maybe I will do that, actually. XD

Yd9Wts2.png

I've defeated your kind before:

latest?cb=20130905041733

You've forced me to sacrifice perfectly good bread, but I did, and then came the worst part, I ate you.

I know it was four hours ago, the time for spontaneous funny is dead. But forgive me. How often do I get to use the Sea Urchin Surprise?

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Dear god, all the gender reveal party memes xD

Believe it or not, that one California case wasn't the first instance I heard of gender reveal parties causing wildfires. I saw a separate instance a couple years ago on one of those political satire shows. You'd think that would've put an end to the insanity. I pray Australia has passed a law promising to turn your home back into a 1700s penal colony if you tried something like this.

---

After my fourth Benevodon fight (is there some explanation yet to come my way as to why these things are called that? The Japanese is literally "holy beast"? Whats holy and good about world destroyers that a goddess had to subdue?) I realized I had lucked out and gotten 3 ??? Seeds from enemy drops, giving me a total of 7, enough to get whatever 3rd tier classes I wanted.

Though not perfectly cool as I had hoped, the new classes are nonetheless aesthetically pretty to me. What bothers me is that there is a costume swap option, which exists solely for the class attires because no other outfit exist in the game. And the flaw of this, is that they only let you pick the starting clothes and those of the 1-3 additional classes you've taken up. They don't let you dress your characters in the garments of the 1, 4, and 5 classes you didn't choose to go into. Thats a real shame.

But, I chose function over form, even though it shouldn't make a big difference in some cases.:

Spoiler

Trials-of-Mana_Kevin-Classes.png

I wanted to make Fatal Fist my 3rd tier class from a gameplay perspective, but I do think Enlightened looks better. Considering Goremund is a jester, the tassels on the Fatal Fist costume don't seem right to me. On the positive side, in Beastman form (which Kevin should be all the time if I used some of those buyable day-to-night consumables) he "grows" into the costume overall look better. The bite marks suit a feral form better than his human self.

And getting a look at the 4th tier classes here. I may just have to play a little of the postgame, Annihilator (and Beast King though I can't choose it if I stay Dark) looks awesome. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

After my fourth Benevodon fight (is there some explanation yet to come my way as to why these things are called that? The Japanese is literally "holy beast"? Whats holy and good about world destroyers that a goddess had to subdue?) I realized I had lucked out and gotten 3 ??? Seeds from enemy drops, giving me a total of 7, enough to get whatever 3rd tier classes I wanted.

Being holy doesn't mean being good, I would guess.

Also, if you want some spoilers about Heroes of Mana...

Spoiler

They do help the heroes in that game. Though I think that's due to more than just out of the goodness of their... selves, I guess.

Now it's the best time of the week, the weekend. I'm really looking forward to. Today I will finish Persona 5 Royal today hopefully and tomorrow and on Sunday I can finally cruise with my bike because weather will become splendid, even hot next week. 

I made up my mind and decided to buy a cosplay costume and wig of Kasumi because she's so incredibly adorable 🥰. Thankfully I'm thin - although a bit large - so I hopefully I will suit in these clothes. This wasn't even all that expensive. It will make up for my missed conviction this spring. Technically it will be caught up in two weeks from today, but going into crowds - even if safety rules exist - is the last thing I want to do. Cosplaying at home is nice too even if I'm not watched which might be for the better anyways.

More Tales of Xillia 2 updates!

I got to the point where Ludger gets the level 2 Chromatus, making it extremely busted now.

I'm currently level 42, which is very over leveled for this point in the game.