• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I did an extremely wishful once-every-few-months check on an old game I've been hoping for a fan translation of. I discovered that someone early last month put out a request for help on restarting the translation, which they said got as far as translating most menus, UI, and gameplay stuff. Given Luminous Arc 3 is text-heavy and you'd want to play it for the characters, the untouched boatload of story dialogue would take at least a year for devoted fans to translate is a major issue.

That said, I'm happy to see any hint of potential progress on this. Not for my current self, but for the kid who eagerly awaited the third back when the DS was in its twilight years, and for that reason the third never got translated, they still want it. They got SRTOGSEF EXCEED late last year, that too was on their wishlist, and so was the long-translated New Mystery. Current me shouldn't get their insatiable hopes up (Persona 2 on this point was a letdown after all), but it wants to see what precedes the Dino ending too. And then there's the other DS game I need a translation of.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

lY3BFmx.jpg

I am the Chocolatier among Alchemists
Cocoa Beans are my body, and Milk is my blood.
I have created over a thousand Chocolate Drinks.

Unknown to giving up
Nor known to fear
Have withstood being broke to make even fiends smile
Yet, the recipe for the Ultimate Chocolate still eludes me.
So, as I pray
UNLIMITED.... CHOCOLATE WORKS!

How else would you describe Eleanor making chocolate versions of weapons Aluche's Servans can transform into?

Spoiler

8FxeByf.jpg

Chocolate Greatsword.

Next would be a chocolate lance, but I didn't get a good shot of it.

Spoiler

vmEgMxa.jpg

Chocoloate Partisan

Up until this point, the animation for this team attack is almost identical to the actual Unlimited Blade Works as seen in the Fate Extella games. Just with less Emiya theme and more chocolate.

And then Eleanor makes the last hit with a gigantic chocolate hammer. So gigantic, it doesn't even fit on the screen.

Spoiler

bPzdXGU.jpg

Also, while Eleanor is probably meant to be the joke character (I mean... her combo move with Aluche has her generate chocolate weapons), but she might be unironically the best human partner you can have on Extreme difficulty, because of her "I'm Good with Chocolate" ability. Because chocolate is the only way to heal Aluche while in battle (you get no healers in NoA2 - and the only heal you can use willingly costs 200 MP and it only heals your allies, not yourself), and it drops rarely from fiends you kill and some barrels you can destroy. So Eleanor being able to generate the stuff might be an absolute lifesaver, albeit this is random, too. However, it's still a more reliable method than needing to kill specific fiends to get some or destroying the occasional barrel that stands around somewhere (that might hold a different buff item if you're unlucky), and in the heat of battle, it's hard to focus on looking around for a barrel, especially on Extreme, where you should be watching your enemies lest they down you in a few strikes.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I am the Chocolatier among Alchemists
Cocoa Beans are my body, and Milk is my blood.
I have created over a thousand Chocolate Drinks.

Unknown to giving up
Nor known to fear
Have withstood being broke to make even fiends smile
Yet, the recipe for the Ultimate Chocolate still eludes me.
So, as I pray
UNLIMITED.... CHOCOLATE WORKS!

approve

🍫

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Death by chocolate!

Indeed!
Best part is, that attack has AOE, so you can eliminate pretty sizeable groups if you aim it right. XD

Also, that picture in the thumbnail looks awesome. I should probably consider making either pfps or a signature thingie out of it... if I can find that picture, that is.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Also, that picture in the thumbnail looks awesome. I should probably consider making either pfps or a signature thingie out of it... if I can find that picture, that is.

snipping tool -> Google image search

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yep. It's how I smooth and sharpen my pfp and sig. Very useful.

Useful for Wallpapers that are smaller then 1920x1080 as well

Edited by Shrimperor

I have no plans to change my signature at the moment, though.
But I'm happy I have a new picture for the collection. NoA art is always nice, especially since it can be quite hard to find at times.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Finished RD Ch. 3-11. Hated the bridge chapter in PoR, and I hated it this time as well. Just tedious and frustrating, even with Tibarn's help.

So that's the blood pact plot bit that I've seen be mentioned by others. It's just meh, I guess? They needed a valid reason to keep Micaiah around, and I guess that was the best they could come up with.

As far as the plot as a whole goes, I'm interested to see how it all ties together in the rest of the game and if my questions and nitpicks about it will be resolved or addressed.

Huh. Personally, I find RD NPCs to be among the worst in terms of AI, so I tell Tibarn and friends to stay out of my goddamn way. Immediately.

Welp, best get back to PoR, since it'll probably take me a few tries on chapter 6. I wish I'd buffed the growths to scale with class's strengths rather than a flat boost...

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Welp, best get back to PoR, since it'll probably take me a few tries on chapter 6. I wish I'd buffed the growths to scale with class's strengths rather than a flat boost...

Liberal use of Titania will help you there. And good luck.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Liberal use of Titania will help you there. And good luck.

Titania can't double archers or soldiers anymore...