• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

Welp, best get back to PoR, since it'll probably take me a few tries on chapter 6. I wish I'd buffed the growths to scale with class's strengths rather than a flat boost...

You understimated what 25% extra growth means 😛

even 15% can turn FE8 from super easy to hell

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

You understimated what 25% extra growth means 😛

Indeed I did-Soren deals roughly 2 damage.

TO ARMOR KNIGHTS.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

wat?

Eyy, never mind! My girl came up clutch with a speed level!

Also, I noticed that it was just this one speed-blessed soldier. She'll be fine. (I hope.)

Just now, Benice said:

Eyy, never mind! My girl came up clutch with a speed level!

Also, I noticed that it was just this one speed-blessed soldier. She'll be fine. (I hope.)

Train the red-haired demoness well, and she will bless you greatly.

Train the red-haired demoness well, and she will bless you greatly.

upCvP59.png

She's like the only one who can actually deal damage. I basically HAVE to use Boyd, since he's the only one who has enough punch to deal damage. I really should give him the speedwings...

Observe:

Spoiler

8rJMW3l.pngBqIWXs7.png

(Ike also deals 5 damage to this guy with the royal sword.)

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Why is Titania using a javelin instead of her axes?

'Cause I need her to Jagen all the enemies in that area-There's a few enemies with javelin + bows, and in my experience it's the best way to clear the area.

Just now, Benice said:

'Cause I need her to Jagen all the enemies in that area-There's a few enemies with javelin + bows, and in my experience it's the best way to clear the area.

Axe are at their strongest in Tellius

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

From the scrub Brigade only Miccy, Nolan, medic-chan, Armor Dude and Best Girl Jill are useful

The rest only deserves the bench treatment

Who's armor dude? Because frankly, I'd consider Aran worth using, albeit probably not in endgame. And I'd beg to differ on Jill, though that's more than anything else because my luck with her is something I can only describe as complete shit (and I think that's generous). In both games. Her piss-poor bases (in Radiant Dawn specifically) don't help matters.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Who's armor dude? Because frankly, I'd consider Aran worth using, albeit probably not in endgame. And I'd beg to differ on Jill, though that's more than anything else because my luck with her is something I can only describe as complete shit (and I think that's generous). In both games. Her piss-poor bases (in Radiant Dawn specifically) don't help matters.

Tauroneo, I believe.

And yeah, Jill was crap for me as well, even upon promotion. She died as quickly as I recruited her in early Part 3.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tauroneo

Yeah him. Aran is useless after part 1

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And yeah, Jill was crap for me as well, even upon promotion.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

my luck with her is something I can only describe as complete shit

wtf

Jill is known to be one of the Tellius MVPs, gameplay and Story wise

zcUA24i.png

Unbenannt.PNG

my Jills

Edited by Shrimperor

She was already low on health and a misclick put her in enemy range. One crit with a killing edge later and she was dead.

But it was PoR normal (and my second time through the chapter) so I didn't bother going back again to keep her alive. I'll make better use of her when I replay PoR on hard though.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

But it was PoR normal (and my second time through the chapter) so I didn't bother going back again to keep her alive. I'll make better use of her when I replay PoR on hard though.

Yo, you should ironman PoR hard +15% growths! (Or scaling growths +50 to 75% so armor knights aren't heckin' invincible. Armor knights are insane with flat buffs...)

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Holy hell I'm tired after carrying a fuckton of manga around.

I, uh, definitely made up for lost time (or in this case, money) at the mall.

Hope you had a nice time!

Also, how's FE4 going?

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yo, you should ironman PoR hard +15% growths! (Or scaling growths +50 to 75% so armor knights aren't heckin' invincible. Armor knights are insane with flat buffs...)

But I want to enjoy playing FE, not suffer.

I do plan to play vanilla hard mode in the future though and mix up the team I use this time around. Mia instead of Zihark, no Nephenee, give Soren more attention instead of Ilyana, etc.

Just now, Benice said:

Hope you had a nice time!

Also, how's FE4 going?

Shit I forgot about FE4

Yeah, I did have a nice time! I finally got some replacement stud earrings after I lost one of mine in while I was sleeping a week or two ago. And I got one of those eye masks so that when I open my eyes for like 1 second in the morning and see that there's sunlight my brain won't go "oh, sunlight. Wakey-wakey, bitch!"

But I want to enjoy playing FE, not suffer.

I do plan to play vanilla hard mode in the future though and mix up the team I use this time around. Mia instead of Zihark, no Nephenee, give Soren more attention instead of Ilyana, etc.

Scaling growths isn't evil, actually-What it does is acentuate a class's growths-Myrmidons will be very fast, Armor knights will be tankier, but they won't be godlike in other regards. It just makes them fit their class' role better. I did that with Sacred Stones, (didn't finish because I forgot about it, but got to ch. 16) and it was really fun, since your own unit's archetypes became valuable.

Now FLAT buffs...That's definitely evil.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Shit I forgot about FE4

Oof.

35 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

my luck with her is something I can only describe as complete shit

Same here.
Never had a good Jill.
Never had a good Boyd.
Never had a good Oscar.
Never had Soren be anything remotely approaching usable in PoR.
Never had a good Ferdinand.
Never had a good Ingrid.
Never really had a Lysithea that reflects her insane growths in Speed especially (meaning pretty much all my Lysis were Speed-screwed).

On the other hand, my Mias were always insane in PoR (when everyone said she sucks), and my Micaiahs in RD were also great.

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing completely different games from everyone else, ngl.
Might be why I haven't touched any FE games in a while.

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Axe are at their strongest in Tellius

... Which would explain a LOT about my luck with axe users in any other game. XD Until Three Houses came along, that is.
Because my experiences with Boyd especially was nothing but "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", dead Boyd. Both in PoR and RD.
Same with Nolan in RD, actually.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Because my experiences with Boyd especially was nothing but "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", dead Boyd

did you mistakingly hack Boyd into FE6 xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

did you mistakingly hack Boyd into FE6 xD

Probably. XD
He just kept on missing and dying to the point where from my fourth playthrough of each Tellius game onwards, him and his two bros (since I didn't find Oscar much better in this regard (this was probably the root for my disdain towards Cavaliers, actually) and Rolf... is Rolf) were immediately benched.

Imagine my confusion when I came here and people were talking about how awesome Boyd and Oscar are. XD