Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing completely different games from everyone else, ngl.

same

especially when it comes to difficulty and preferences. I actually don't find FE5 that hard (except for surprises, but i wouldn't call the difficulty), find FE16 one of the harder titles in the series, and find FE4 Story to be not that good as everyone says it is. And oh, hate the Elibe games, which are the fanbase's golden children

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Same here.
Never had a good Jill.
Never had a good Boyd.
Never had a good Oscar.
Never had Soren be anything remotely approaching usable in PoR.
Never had a good Ferdinand.
Never had a good Ingrid.
Never really had a Lysithea that reflects her insane growths in Speed especially (meaning pretty much all my Lysis were Speed-screwed).

Oof. Boyd and Oscar were my champs in PoR, but I can relate to having Ingrid be crap, especially on hard. Soren as well, actually. But then again mages didn't become really useful in combat until 3H anyway.

Mias were always insane in PoR (when everyone said she sucks), and my Micaiahs in RD were also great.

Tbh, by the time Mia started to get good, I'd hit Ch. 11, recruit Zihark, and never go back to her. But I will use her next time I play through PoR.

Because my experiences with Boyd especially was nothing but "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", "Miss", dead Boyd. Both in PoR and RD.
Same with Nolan in RD, actually.

Wow, uh...oof. Hecking RNG, I guess.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

And oh, hate the Elibe games, which are the fanbase's golden children

That's 'cause they're not very good.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

same

especially when it comes to difficulty and preferences. I actually don't find FE5 that hard (except for surprises, but i wouldn't call the difficulty), find FE16 one of the harder titles in the series, and find FE4 Story to be not that good as everyone says it is. And oh, hate the Elibe games, which are the fanbase's golden children

Relatable.

With FE5, I drew the line at "two of your items get randomly deleted if you have too many on Leif and Lithis" thing (also, Chapter 4, which I couldn't beat). FE16 is a tough cookie if its wants to be, most definitely, but in all the good ways (unless we're talking Maddening in which case screw. That.), FE4 is a snoozefest (seriously, I almost fell asleep during the f***ing Prologue), and the Elibe games are meh. I didn't really enjoy FE6, and FE7 is just average at best with a very unmemorable cast (though tbh, that goes for any FE prior to PoR for me).
And while we're on controversial opinions for which people will hate me for sure... actually no, I'll say no more.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oof. Boyd and Oscar were my champs in PoR

RNG do be like that sometimes.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbh, by the time Mia started to get good, I'd hit Ch. 11, recruit Zihark, and never go back to her. But I will use her next time I play through PoR.

By the time I got Zihark, Mia already cemented herself as my favorite character in the game. And as someone who values a character's... well, character over them being a unit, there was no chance for him to replace her. Ever.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, uh...oof. Hecking RNG, I guess.

Yup.
Axe fighters and cavalry are usually the first things I bench in any FE game if given the opportunity. Though Three Houses kinda changed that.
Kinda.
I still don't like using Cavaliers or Paladins all that much.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

If you wanted more of a challenge, then there's JPN Maniac for you so you don't have to make the game so janky.

Maniac adds even more enemies, and if there's one thing FE9 doesn't need, it's more enemies. ('Specially since the enemies hardly get buffed, so it's just absurdly slow.)

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wtf

Jill is known to be one of the Tellius MVPs, gameplay and Story wise

You try believing that when your Jills get 1-3 stat level ups. Constantly. It got to the point where I just bench her immediately rather than bother.

53 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

PoR Jill could've been great for me if she didn't die in Ch. 17 to a crit from a myrmidon.

Uh... What??? How in the name of the Goddess of Mana did that happen???

56 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah him. Aran is useless after part 1

I find it hard to use him for anything other than an unarmed meatshield in part 1, largely because I need a sturdy unit for part 3, and he's not around for the first of them. Sure, there's BK, but he requires surviving 5 turns before spawning in, which can be a tall order without one in the first place. . .

4 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Volug is technically the best tank in 3-13 if he has at least B with an earth unit.

After 5 turns, because he's just a punching bag until he transforms. And that's too damn long when I'm under pressure IMMEDIATELY.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

FE16 is a tough cookie if its wants to be, most definitely, but in all the good ways

Agreed. The challenge is as perfect as I've ever experienced in an FE game. Hard/Classic alone made me love it even more. Monster battles are an absolute rush when your units first encounter them at lower levels.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you wanted more of a challenge, then there's JPN Maniac for you so you don't have to make the game so janky.

That exists, but it's really not recommended and is very annoying to play.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

FE16 is a tough cookie if its wants to be, most definitely, but in all the good ways

Definetly! Except with Blue Lions, i found BE and GD to pretty challenging fun!

Just don't grind and it's pretty challenging.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

FE4 is a snoozefest

I 'like' FE4 and i agree lol

But i like it despite being a snoozefest.

Honestly i probably like it because it was my 2nd FE xD

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Uh... What??? How in the name of the Goddess of Mana did that happen???

51 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

She was already low on health and a misclick put her in enemy range. One crit with a killing edge later and she was dead.

But it was PoR normal (and my second time through the chapter) so I didn't bother going back again to keep her alive. I'll make better use of her when I replay PoR on hard though.

Yeah, I think I'm done with FE9. I did vastly prefer the buffed growths since I actually had to think which made the animations seem less slow, but nah, it's just not for me.

Welp, that brings my FE rankings to

Berwick>FE6>FE10>FE12>FE8>FE7>FE4>FE9.

Now, which should I play next? Maybe TearRing...

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Agreed. The challenge is as perfect as I've ever experienced in an FE game. Hard/Classic alone made me love it even more.

And I agree with this. Three Houses is the first FE game where Hard has become my standard difficulty to play on.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Definetly! Except with Blue Lions, i found BE and GD to pretty challenging fun!

Just don't grind and it's pretty challenging.

True, true.
Though Azure Moon is its own kind of challenging with the lategame siege weapon spam.
Poor Felix in my first playthrough... XD

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But i like it despite being a snoozefest.

Honestly i probably like it because it was my 2nd FE xD

Nothing wrong with that!
My second FE was Radiant Dawn, actually. Although it was kind of my first, as well, since I played both Tellius games back to back back then, so they're kinda one game in my memory.

For me, Jugdral will forever be the region that taught me to stay away from Kaga's games.

Edited by DragonFlames

Also, if you wanna talk controversial, then you're talking to the guy who hates both the story AND the gameplay of Conquest, so... my opinion shouldn't be worth anything whatsoever anyhow. XD

How does the first half lead to the 2nd half xD

your opinion is perfectly valid haha.

We all have our unpopular opinions xD

Though Azure Moon is its own kind of challenging with the lategame siege weapon spam.

ugh the final map man lol

I had to think for a while so i could take out that Kaga Siege tome guy first turn without losing any units lol

Edited by Shrimperor