• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

EA redemption arc starting

EA redemption? 2020 is wild.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Even if you were old enough, I'd advise against it. I don't want you to die.

Nah, I'd never actually drink alcohol outside of my 21st birthday just to see what it's like.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I'll hold back on it from now on. Apologies.

No no, it's fine. I'm just messing with ya.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah, I'd never actually drink alcohol outside of my 21st birthday just to see what it's like.

Good decision!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No no, it's fine. I'm just messing with ya.

Okay, gotcha!
I legit thought people got annoyed by me posting that so often...

---

> EA
> redemption

... Yeeeeaaaah, no. Not believing that for a single second.

Edited by DragonFlames

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think Shrimpy and I might have ninja'd each other there...

SnHe9nk.jpg

IdealVibrantDoctorfish-size_restricted.g

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

> EA
> redemption

... Yeeeeaaaah, no. Not believing that for a single second.

QDLhliZ.png

What's left to be seen is if they will follow on their redemption

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

IdealVibrantDoctorfish-size_restricted.g

Nonoka: Nin-nin!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

QDLhliZ.png

What's left to be seen is if they will follow on their redemption

I hope for your sake that EA won't be EA for this one.
But I think EA f***ing things up with predatory monetization is practically a law of nature by now.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fmREe2Y.png

self destruction continues.

Reveal hidden contents

just like Lysithea, the thread has Crest cancer

That spoiler.
Ooof. XD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But I think EA f***ing things up with predatory monetization is practically a law of nature by now.

you might not believe it, but the whole remaster collection, which is 2 games + 5 expansion packs + previously console exclusive missions + amazing remastered OST + behind the scenes stuff costs...

20€. Yup, just that.

No MTX.

Nothing typical EA.

Now if they follow this up with RA2 and/or Generals remaster, i might actually get the limited edition...

Or better yet

a new good command and conquer game.

With how 2020 is going, i wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe 2020 is that chaotic because EA is finalyl doing something good, and the universe is striking back? xD

So can we talk about the absolutely prententious reviews The Last of Us 2 is getting?

Screenshot_2439.png

"The Last of Us 2 kidnapped me, tortured me, left me unable to walk for the rest of the life and murdered my wife and children. Masterpiece of a game."

And then there's this one from another guy

IMG_20200612_152839.jpg

This person really said "when will films catch up to video games" as if movies weren't already ahead of video games for nearly a century.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

you might not believe it, but the whole remaster collection, which is 2 games + 5 expansion packs + previously console exclusive missions + amazing remastered OST + behind the scenes stuff costs...

20€. Yup, just that.

No MTX.

Nothing typical EA.

Now if they follow this up with RA2 and/or Generals remaster, i might actually get the limited edition...

Or better yet

a new good command and conquer game.

With how 2020 is going, i wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe 2020 is that chaotic because EA is finalyl doing something good, and the universe is striking back? xD

Looking at the details, it seems EA is simply publishing it? Cause Jedi - Fallen Order is good, is an EA game yet it's not actually made by them. Is it the same deal here?

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looking at the details, it seems EA is simply publishing it? Cause Jedi - Fallen Order is good, is an EA game yet it's not actually made by them. Is it the same deal here?

kinda. EA holds the rights to C&C, so they could've let it rot or mtx'd it up, but they didn't. And the project is lead by one from EA, known as Jimtern

Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga Endless Frontier EXCEED is completed! There is a bonus dungeon, but it's NG+ only so I don't feel like it. I had fun, more of the stuff I enjoyed back in the later days of the DS era.

The final area was practically a straight line, and the final boss was "easy" factoring out its extreme offense. The ending was great though, entertaining with the usual relaxed charm of the game as a whole.

I do want to go back to Namco x Capcom, the origin of this gameplay style- except it's an SRPG. But sticking to Macbooks mean I can't run PCSX2 without trying to run Wine. And even if I did, PS2 emulation is intensive, so even with a new Macbook, I'm afraid it'd cause my computer to overheat into a puddle of silicon. And the cost of getting a better computer isn't worth it.

Speaking of NxC:

Spoiler

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Her face, she is psycho.

After an entire game of having her beside me in a mostly comic capacity, I was caught off guard. Only now do I feel Reiji's hatred for her.

I screenshotted the Xenosaga trio's every line in the ending, I can post that later, if desired.

Hmm, I'm torn. I'd like to keep narrating my DQV playthrough, but I don't want to start doing it in another thread. Specially if the problem with LtPW will be fixed eventually. Hmm...

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In fact, I tried to make a similar call out to everyone a minute ago but I forgot two people, sorry in the LtPW topic- bad idea.

Ah, so that's what that mention was about. It was deleted before I saw it so I thought what you said would be lost to the tides of time.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So can we talk about the absolutely prententious reviews The Last of Us 2 is getting?

I was wondering what satire this reminded me of until I remembered that this is just like RedLetterMedia's "real feelings" on Boyhood, but unironic.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, I'm torn. I'd like to keep narrating my DQV playthrough, but I don't want to start doing it in another thread. Specially if the problem with LtPW will be fixed eventually. Hmm...

You can continue your playthrough here and then make a compilation post on LtPW if it ever gets fixed.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pirates Of The Caribbean Funny Pistol Fight. - YouTube

Same energy

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I screenshotted the Xenosaga trio's every line in the ending, I can post that later, if desired

I am curious on that. 

Btw, i take it your new pfp is an ending CG of the game?

42 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I was wondering what satire this reminded me of until I remembered that this is just like RedLetterMedia's "real feelings" on Boyhood, but unironic.

Yeah, i can see why. 

There was a joke in one of the Discord servers i'm in that went "reviewers want TLOU 2 to be a movie so much they turned into film snobs except film snobs at least pick good movies to be snobby about".

Breath of the Wild's Master Mode is pretty disappointing. The increase in difficulty doesn't feel meaningful because the simple remedy for tougher enemies is to find better weapons and upgrade your armor, both of which are relatively easy to get and do. Otherwise, it's the same experience, not that I expected a great amount of change; but it would have been nice for more effort to have been put in to make Master Mode a more unique experience.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Btw, i take it your new pfp is an ending CG of the game?

Actually, it's from the opening:

This game was co-developed by Monolith, so why not use it?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am curious on that. 

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

This little convo was snipped out of the usual JRPG "night before the decisive battle, let's take one last moment to breathe easy and prepare for tomorrow". A hot springs was in town and Kaguya's royal father was paying, so why not?

There was a boss battle before the final boss here, the android W03 "Pete Pain" chose to self-destruct, but to help the heroes by breaking that wall by T-ELOS's head. W03 was weird- he wanted to destroy Haken and Aschen, but on failing his mission- dying- was programmed to obey them? The Peter Pan who was definitely not a woman acting as a boy who matured without puberty made no sense.

I captured this line, because I remembered what you said of T-ELOS not liking the hollowness of KOS-MOS's personality. Was this written with that in mind?

And for the ending itself:

Spoiler

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Context- Final boss is defeated, but the heroes need to get rid of the giant soul-devouring tree. Kaguya has spiritual powers able to shut it down, but she needs everyone gathered to pray to help her do that. Pretty tropey.

The heroes make an a harrowing escape from Aggradheim as falls from the sky, everyone hurries into Haken's landship the Zeit Krokodil and it leaps off to safety. I didn't screenshot here, but MOMO volunteered to help in the engine room, and KOS-MOS and grudgingly T-ELOS helped close some bulkheads.

Then, a little time passes, Neige cleans up her ruined castle, and holds a party to celebrate.:

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

--

I snipped out the rest of the conversation, but T-ELOS was complaining about how they'd be certain to return to their world and not die beyond repair and have their parts integrated into natural Blades in Alrest? Not a problem, they kept the coordinate data from MOMO's arrival in the Endless Frontier -that was the gist of what was said.

And lastly, the final farewell.:

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Oh, and if want to get in the mood as you read the ending stuff above, this is the track they play during most of it after the escape from Aggradheim.:

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, it's from the opening

Ah, i see.

I like the song.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I captured this line, because I remembered what you said of T-ELOS not liking the hollowness of KOS-MOS's personality. Was this written with that in mind?

Probably.

I find something interesting regarding the ending

Spoiler

KOS-MOS refers to the rest of the party as the "children of Lost Jersusalem". Lost Jerusalem in Xenosaga is just the name that was given to Earth after humanity was forced to leave but i'm under the impression that Endless Frontier does not take place on Earth. So the Lost Jerusalem line confuses me.

Speaking of Earth, if you want to know the reason humanity left (the following is from supplemntary material, the Xenosaga games barely touch on this, if at all) is because after the Zohar was found by Dr. Masuda in the opening cutscene of Episode I, it was transfered to a facility where scientist Grimiore Verum attempted an experiment and it failed, causing Earth to be dimensionally lost. If that sounds familiar, it's because Klaus is the Xenoblade equivalent of Verum, as well as Dr. Masuda, since it was Klaus who found the Conduit in likely the very same spot.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

KOS-MOS refers to the rest of the party as the "children of Lost Jersusalem". Lost Jerusalem in Xenosaga is just the name that was given to Earth after humanity was forced to leave but i'm under the impression that Endless Frontier does not take place on Earth. So the Lost Jerusalem line confuses me.

KOS-MOS is referring specifically to Reiji, Xiaomu, and Saya. They are from an Earth, and the way they talk about it in Endless Frontier, it seems NxC established that Reiji and co. are from the exact same dimension as Xenosaga, only thousands of years in the past- their Earth is the Lost Jerusalem. Flux- the dimensional portals of NxC- appear capable of crossing time in addition to space, so KOS-MOS, Shion & MOMO time traveled (no T-ELOS, this was released after Ep. II, but before III).

It's odd Monolith would declare this, because it makes a silly crossover... more awkward to declare non-canon to XS. Yet how can anything where a Mega Man (Volnutt) and Heihachi from Tekken and Klonoa show up (via entry from other dimensions) be anything except not-canon to XS? I choke on the jest of labeling it "Xenosaga Episode 0".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Pft, why wouldn't be canon.

The main SRW games do treat the Endless Frontier ones and reaches out to the other games as canon. Specially since Haken and Kaguya show up in Moon Dwellers and they definitely remember Sanger from back in Project x Zone to boot. Why couldn't Xenosaga follow suit?

Another Century Episode R is also canon to SRW OGverse, for that matter.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

KOS-MOS is referring specifically to Reiji, Xiaomu, and Saya. They are from an Earth, and the way they talk about it in Endless Frontier, it seems NxC established that Reiji and co. are from the exact same dimension as Xenosaga, only thousands of years in the past- their Earth is the Lost Jerusalem.

Huh. That's......interesting. Let's assume NxC is canon to Xenosaga. Xenosaga Episode I takes place 4767 TC (Transcend Christ) which would be around 6000 to 7277 by our calendar. The NxC gang that's from Earth would be living there before the 21st Century because, you know. Unless

Spoiler

after Grimiore pushed the big red button, Lost Jerusalem ended up becoming something similar to Alrest. That would explain why there's a Chinese and Japanese Fox girls. Maybe they already existed and the dimensional anomilies caused by the Zohar allowed them to enter Earth. It doesn't explain Xiaomu's love for anime and such but eh, maybe a new civilization eventually ended up reinventing it.

If NxC actually specifies the time period that the NxC gang comes from, this fucks with this whole theory.

I'm pretty sure NxC and related crossovers are their own canon and aren't actually part of the Xeno canon even if in-game events are shared but this was fun to think about.