Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Peerless is an Aura. It increases the parties strength when activated and also heals confusion. It does draw some aggro as well, but that's fine.

Reyn and Shulk work as a team. Dunban works just as well, though.

Edit: should say it increases the strength of nearby allies.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

For some reason I prefer using Melia because she can attract enemies to give Shulk the chance to deal effective damage with side or back attacks. Whenever I use Shulk, the oppnonent focusses on him, so he can't get the damage boosts (= !-icons).

Shulk shouldn't be drawing that much aggro. Are you using Shadow Eye effectively?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A little fan overthinking of things is always fun!

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

That St. Anselm thing is pretty interesting, thanks for sharing that.

Ontos meaning truth in Greek and Alvis having a red Core Crystal is honestly what shifted this crackpot theory of mine from a "haha what-if" to a "hey wait a minute". It still probably means nothing in the long-run but when the next Xenoblade game rolls around, imma keep out for any signficant instances of red.

49 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I optimized equipment for this area (bought all mechon effective weapons near Dickson) and updated skill trees, but I think I'm underleveled. My team is level 46 and the enemies are near or even over level 50.

No lie, anti-Mechon weapons are actually kinda bad. It's better to just use Monado Enchant.

That being said, hold on to the anti-Mechon stuff for now. The boss at the end of Galahad Fortress will take a while without them.

Sword Valley is a difficulty spike as I remember it, things will smooth out after it. And after the fairly short trip through Galahad Fortress, Shulk can get Monado Armour after some questing, and thats incredible defensively.

I think the first anti-Mechon weapons are weak, but the rest I thought were fine.

My bonds are still totally low.

Can't enter all the bond event spots.

And yes, the anti-mechon weapons have lower stats than already owned equipment. Will take them off.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shulk shouldn't be drawing that much aggro. Are you using Shadow Eye effectively?

Reveal hidden contents

That St. Anselm thing is pretty interesting, thanks for sharing that.

Ontos meaning truth in Greek and Alvis having a red Core Crystal is honestly what shifted this crackpot theory of mine from a "haha what-if" to a "hey wait a minute". It still probably means nothing in the long-run but when the next Xenoblade game rolls around, imma keep out for any signficant instances of red.

If you ask me that way... I can't give a positive answer for sure.

That said I haven't used him for a while...

Edited by Falcom Knight

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah, the interruption of the credits. One of my favorite fourth wall breaks.

Although, well, I guess Neptune was courteous enough to let the credits finish instead of interrupting them.

Neptune is very polite like that. XD

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

And a theme that could fit right in FE, too.

Definitely. It's a great theme song, too.

---

Speaking of awesome themes, this is one of my new favorite dungeon themes.
CyberNep's dungeon themes in general are pretty great, not gonna lie.

Also, I finally figured out how to execute the special attacks. Hit a boss for over 50,000 damage in a single hit... when normal attacks and skills barely did 500.
Needless to say, that boss went down crazy fast after that.
Black Heart OP

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yikes, that's gonna take a while. Have fun with that!

Affinity sucks in this game, man.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think the first anti-Mechon weapons are weak, but the rest I thought were fine.

The later ones are better and they are helpful for the Mechonis areas due to the enemies there only being Mechon (Fallen Arm excluded) but you still have a higher damage output with normal weapons under Monado Enchant. In fact, Monado Enchant now adds an attack bonus in addition to allowing normal weapons to hit Mechon, so really, Monado Enchant is just a better option.

On 6/18/2020 at 7:20 AM, DragonFlames said:

My dad would only scold me for bad grades if they resulted from me not studying for the exam in question. Everything else he was fine with.

I'm the one who scolds myself in my family; anything less than an A I consider to be a bad mark for me. Which is pretty bad standard considering I suck at everything but English and Socials. And Gym and stuff, but that's basically an automatic A as long as you try.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok so @Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo i came up with a crackpot Xenoblade theory cause i was bored. SERIES SPOILERS

Everyone knows that yellow is the color of truth, haven't you played Persona 4?

I think you're reading too deeply into things, but I've been reminded of symbolism-that-doesn't-actually-matter that I don't think has been talked about here.

Spoiler

Ontos and Logos have Biblical quotes associated with them just as Pneuma does, but they're only on the Trinity Processor itself and never shown clearly so it isn't as obvious. Pneuma's is from Proverbs 4:18, and as for the others...

Logos's is from Proverbs 10:12: "Odium suscitat rixas et universa delicta operit caritas." ("Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.")

Ontos's is from Proverbs 3:13: "Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam et qui affluit prudentia." ("Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding.") This fits with Ontos being Alvis (Alvis means "all-wise" in Old Norse), but presumably the one who finds wisdom in this case is Shulk.

"Ye shall be as gods" is also a Bible quote, specifically from Genesis 3:5 ("For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.")

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm the one who scolds myself in my family; anything less than an A I consider to be a bad mark for me. Which is pretty bad standard considering I suck at everything but English and Socials. And Gym and stuff, but that's basically an automatic A as long as you try.

Aren't you putting too much pressure on yourself there?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Aren't you putting too much pressure on yourself there?

A-yup! That's pretty much my thing. I always expect perfection from myself! It's not a good thing, but I have a hard time not trying to be perfect.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

A-yup! That's pretty much my thing. I always expect perfection from myself! It's not a good thing, but I have a hard time not trying to be perfect.

A perfectionist, I see. I won't try to convince you to take on a different mindset, but try not to be too hard on yourself. In the long run, that won't do your mental health any favors, as I can tell you from first-hand experience.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

A perfectionist, I see. I won't try to convince you to take on a different mindset, but try not to be too hard on yourself. In the long run, that won't do your mental health any favors, as I can tell you from first-hand experience.

Thank you for the advice!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of awesome themes, this is one of my new favorite dungeon themes.

ah yes, the final dungeon theme is lovely as well.

Kinda reminds me of Death end Re;Quest

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Black Heart OP

Interesting. My experience with her is exactly the other way around xD

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

My content count is now exactly 1069.

Nice.

Teehee

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ah yes, the final dungeon theme is lovely as well.

Kinda reminds me of Death end Re;Quest

True, they have a similar feel to them.
I actually wanted to play DERQ, but then I read that it's an FPS, which... really is not my thing.

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Interesting. My experience with her is exactly the other way around xD

Her only disadvantage is that she doesn't have any healing skills. And that her skills which make her OP (Burst Explosion and Fall Break) take quite a bit of SP, so you have to use SP regen items quite frequently.

The ultimate cheese character for running through dungeons is Uni, though. Her standard attacks have almost infinite reach, meaning you can kill things before they even notice you.
Downside to her is that she does 0 damage at close range and she's not terribly durable, either, so if you want to bring her to a boss battle, you need to be controlling her yourself, because the AI will always always go up close and personal with the enemy.

46 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I actually wanted to play DERQ, but then I read that it's an FPS, which... really is not my thing.

wait what?

It's not an FPS at all!

It's a VN/RPG hybrid.

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The ultimate cheese character for running through dungeons is Uni

Ninja loli is good, too!

Probably my fav. to use alongside Nep.