Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So, Aoko then?
I thought Aoko was the blue-haired one (Ao = Blue), but I guess not. XP

it's...

complicated

xD

Mahoutsukai no Yoru VN tl when

Also if you want more Touka watch Kara no Kyoukai (7 Movies + Ova)

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

it's...

complicated

xD

Then again, what isn't in the Nasuverse, apparently?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also if you want more Touka watch Kara no Kyoukai (7 Movies + Ova)

Ah, so THAT's where she's from. The guy whose playthrough of Fate/Extra I saw seemed to know them and hinted at that they were not from Fate, which had me wondering.

---

Also, dafuq did I just watch?

XD

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Then again, what isn't in the Nasuverse, apparently?

Ah, so THAT's where she's from. The guy whose playthrough of Fate/Extra I saw seemed to know them and hinted at that they were not from Fate, which had me wondering.

---

Also, dafuq did I just watch?

XD

Sehai-kun

Sehai-kun

Ara, Doragon-kun?

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't want a knife, thanks, Grail-kun! XD

*gives knife*

serens forums qoute system!

It's so good, it will turn the place into Chaos

and finished Curse of the moon

If i had to describe the game in 1 word

Jank

And now to try and finish Sora Ex boss xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

*gives knife*

serens forums qoute system!

It's so good, it will turn the place into Chaos

Thank you, Grail-kun!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And now to try and finish Sora Ex boss xD

Good luck!

After hours of doing side content, I've reached Chapter 15 of XCDE. At this rate I should finish the game at around 70-75 hours, depending on how much side content I do before the final boss. My progress:

Spoiler
  • Chapter 1 (Colony 9): 2:16
  • Chapter 2 (Mechon Attack): 2:58
  • Chapter 3 (Tephra Cave): 3:48
  • Chapter 4 (Bionis’ Leg): 6:39
  • Chapter 5 (Ether Mine): 10:29
  • Chapter 6 (Satorl Marsh): 13:12
  • Chapter 7 (Makna Forest): 17:30
  • Chapter 8 (Eryth Sea/Alcamoth): 22:51
  • Chapter 9 (Prison Island): 26:21
  • Chapter 10 (Valak Mountain): 30:04
  • Chapter 11 (Sword Valley/Galahad Fortress): 35:46
  • Chapter 12 (Fallen Arm): 36:54
  • Chapter 13 (Mechonis Field): 50:51
  • Chapter 14 (Central Factory/Agniratha): 63:13

I made sure to do everything in Mechonis Field and Agniratha before fighting Egil, and I've done mostly everything in Central Factory aside from fighting a few unique monsters. I've done every quest in Alcamoth too, which surprised me because I didn't expect to finish them all until later.

On another note, Okami HD is on sale so I might get it if the mood strikes. It feels like Capcom games go on sale every month, so if I don't get it now it shouldn't be too long before it goes on sale again.

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

After hours of doing side content, I've reached Chapter 15 of XCDE. At this rate I should finish the game at around 70-75 hours, depending on how much side content I do before the final boss. My progress:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Chapter 1 (Colony 9): 2:16
  • Chapter 2 (Mechon Attack): 2:58
  • Chapter 3 (Tephra Cave): 3:48
  • Chapter 4 (Bionis’ Leg): 6:39
  • Chapter 5 (Ether Mine): 10:29
  • Chapter 6 (Satorl Marsh): 13:12
  • Chapter 7 (Makna Forest): 17:30
  • Chapter 8 (Eryth Sea/Alcamoth): 22:51
  • Chapter 9 (Prison Island): 26:21
  • Chapter 10 (Valak Mountain): 30:04
  • Chapter 11 (Sword Valley/Galahad Fortress): 35:46
  • Chapter 12 (Fallen Arm): 36:54
  • Chapter 13 (Mechonis Field): 50:51
  • Chapter 14 (Central Factory/Agniratha): 63:13

I made sure to do everything in Mechonis Field and Agniratha before fighting Egil, and I've done mostly everything in Central Factory aside from fighting a few unique monsters. I've done every quest in Alcamoth too, which surprised me because I didn't expect to finish them all until later.

The home stretch! Any plans on doing any aftergame content? If so, I would be interested to see what setups you use to conquer what, if you wouldn't mind sharing!

That goes for anyone playing XenoblaDE, I would like to see how you plan your team and such!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow. Things are getting pretty heated over in SD. I understand people get passionate about what they believe in, but that's no excuse to be rude towards someone else.

You ain't seeing much new, unfortunately.

---

So, continued with Unsung War.

Mission 24... ah, what a mission. Taking down the Arkbird. Although, I didn't remember its UAV's being so annoying. Also, it seems this time around it decided to use its laser to fire more behind it where I'm attacking than to the sides. Previous playthroughs had it firing it more often away. This caused me a few mission restarts, pft.

Mission 25 was a more relaxing affair. Just bunch of enemy forces to destroy. Fighting Grabacr went much better than Ofnir if only due to not having room restriction.

Went ahead with Mission 26... perhaps one of my most favorite of the game, and the series. Hmm, despite my earlier worries, only this one and Mission 20 were carrier plane restricted. No issues since by this point since it's F-35C or bust. At least, from the initial set selection of planes.

Okay, last two missions... will be for another day.

Though really, it's pretty great:

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

qnJNoiv.jpg

I have literally zero context for this on account of knowing nothing about Fate but something tells me Tamamo did not deserve that.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Jank

Neat. Just in time for Curse of the Moon 2 which comes out next week (though idk if you're getting it right away).

Which ending did you get btw?

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Jank

Spoiler

Alacamoth quests went by a lot quicker thanks to the new quest tracking. That's why it felt so fast.

But yeah, i'm basically at the same point as you are right now except i went and killed Majestic Mordred in Central Factory before finishing up Agniratha (i used Casual Mode for Mordred, didn't feel like grinding out the Blaze Defense Gems).

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Which ending did you get btw?

...it has multipe endings?

welp

i got Zangetsu sucked by blackhole (or something) one

Edit: Welp, checked guide, time to do Nightmare mode, i guess

Edited by Shrimperor

Min Min in Smash is so weird because she really only has two Specials: Up and Down. Neutral and Side Specials are just glorified jabs and Fsmashes respectively.

Gotta say, i don't vibe with this playstyle at all.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

...it has multipe endings?

I don't blame you, that isn't conveyed at all. Appearently you can kill the other characters to gain powerups and i didn't know that until very recently.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

That is something i retroactively wished for upon playing Xenoblade 2. Xenoblade 1 has mostly good battle themes but there is very little variety when it comes to the boss themes. Even Xenoblade X had two different boss themes depending on how significant the boss was to the story.

Anyways, congratulations on beating the game. Don't forget, there's still Future Connected to look forward to.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

@Falcom Knight congrats on completing the game! Yeah, the final boss is a cakewalk, honestly. One of the things that XC2 massively improved on is after game, XC1 is kinda lacking in that department.

Thanks!

I will do postgame all the way (including superbosses and unlocking all the support conversations).

I kinda rushed at the end simply because I wanted to figure out the end of the story.

Imo it was it worth despite the final boss fight was inferior compared to 2's.

Spoiler

Though just Malos's aura did everything to me to make him become a much memorable final boss than Zanza.

No one else would finish this game in 40 hours as I did, but this applies to most JRPGs I play.

Still I absolutely liked the game, sure not as fantastic as 2, but still a very enjoyable game.

The characters are all greatly represented and the story got me although the beginning kinda disturbed me (which is not a bad for thing).

The gameplay is fine, but as I said before, pressing the right button in very little time to cause status affect on the enemy is not easy. Otherwise it was fine.  Once an enemy is knocked over, there's little chance to lose anymore because it's the start to some several chain attacks.

The music is great again, but it lacks on variety unfortunately. Even the greatest theme will tire me when they're played over and over.

Also the imporoved graphics look gorgeous. Also the new battle screen look way cleaner than in the regular version. Same goes for the art of course.

Since I rated Xenoblade 2 with a 9.1, I'd rank Xenoblade 1 with a 8.7.

Well, finally, I returned to DQV.

Though admittedly, it wasn't much. Made it back to Roundbeck, Uptaten, and Whealbrook. Roundbeck has nothing new, item or info wise. Uptaten has the return of the ghosts of the Count and Countess, and able to exchange one knick-knack for another, and that's it. Whealbrook now has a weapon shop, which contains some pretty pricey though useful stuff. I got myself both a Dragonsbane and Zombiesbane. To hit that extra effective damage. Both are going to Madason, since Parry will stick with the Zenithian Sword, and of my current main active party, only other who can use them is Madason. Although, Tuppence and my golem can equip them too, if it matters. Perhaps for the golem, though not right now.

Well, that was that for tonight. Next set of revisiting for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt