• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, personally, I consider anything before thirty as "young". As I see from eighteen to twenty-nine as "young adult". Then it's "Middle-aged adult" or just "adult" until "old/third age adult", which would be... well, I don't have much of a defined age for that yet.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

@Acacia Sgt Btw, what DQ games have you played and finished? I'm just curious.

The first four I've finished. I'm currently playing V, and I've played VIII and IX as well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, 28 isn't young. It's past a quarter of the way through an average lifespan of 80. It's even past a quarter of 100 if you reach the upper limit of human lifespans. *Le sigh*

i will use Deepl to translate this, since i am lazy

Hi,

a few weeks ago, I was lying next to an 89-year-old man. The nurse asked when he stopped smoking. His answer was: "Oh... I was still young then. I think at 57 or 58".

Wow. I was in bed in shock. It sort of opened my eyes. An almost 90-year-old describes himself as "young" at nearly 60. When he called himself "young," he was still twice as old as me. And even three times older than me altogether.

But why am I so surprised? It's perfectly logical, isn't it? And why am I telling you this?

My professional education is that I "only" had a secondary school diploma, finished two apprenticeships, then I made up my high school diploma and now I study business informatics (after his studies he is still 3 times older than me, if he doesn't age...). Quite often I had the thought: "if only you had done everything right earlier". Now I know that this is total nonsense. I still have so much time in my life ahead of me that it doesn't matter if I do two or four apprenticeships. Once you've found what you enjoy and enjoy yourself, at the end of the day it's much more important than having a perfect CV.

So if you don't feel like studying or training, then do something else. Don't torture yourself because you waste "time" like I did, but look around and make experiences. If you are studying and you don't enjoy it, then try an education. What are three years in our life when after that we know what we really want to do?

Many of us still have so much time ahead of us, so why waste time on something we are not interested in?

I'm probably not the only one who's had it this way. For some of us it will be a matter of course. Nevertheless, I wanted to share my experiences with you. Thanks for reading.

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

I'm still feeling and acting like a child

Reveal hidden contents

with 31

and I'm honestly glad and proud of that.

Same.
Whenever I'm reminded I'm 27, I have to do a double take, because I really don't feel that age at all.

Radiant Dawn made a become a serious videogamer when I got it in 2013.

I played a few console and PC games when I was little, but nothing compared to now.

I really started to play just with 24.

This might explain my lack on skills and gaming knowledge.

Have to catch up what I missed in the past.

Edited by Falcom Knight

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The first four I've finished. I'm currently playing V, and I've played VIII and IX as well.

I see, I see. I've finished I, II, IV, V, and XI.
An odd selection to be sure, I should go back to working on VII, I have a hard time playing it (not because I dislike it, I love it) but because it's such a long game. And I originally emulated it, but lost my data halfway through due to computer stuff. And with it being such a long game it's hard to go back into it since that's dozens and dozens of hours lost. I do own it on 3DS now and have played some of it, but yea, might get back ot that soon.

Fire Emblem 7 in an Easter basket. A green N64 for Christmas at maybe age 5, with a subscription to Nintendo Power with a wrestling game on the cover. I forget if my 64 came with a DK64 banana-colored controller or if that was one of my grandma's 64s (she had a standard gray-black one and the Hey You Pikachu! variant).

Just now, Caster said:

An odd selection to be sure, I should go back to working on VII, I have a hard time playing it (not because I dislike it, I love it) but because it's such a long game. And I originally emulated it, but lost my data halfway through due to computer stuff. And with it being such a long game it's hard to go back into it since that's dozens and dozens of hours lost. I do own it on 3DS now and have played some of it, but yea, might get back ot that soon.

I’ve beaten I-VI. I got IV-VI when they came out on the DS, and I-III on the GBC when they were still know as Dragon Warrior. 

*Swigs more Strongbow Cider*

VHS's are one thing... but who here has also used LaserDiscs?

1 minute ago, Caster said:

I forgot to mention, I also currently own VI, but I haven't touched it yet. Since I do want to play in order.

Although, my first DQ game was IX, but the cartridge was stolen. That happened years ago. I might eventually get VII for the 3DS. I got VIII on mobile and later on in 3DS too.

38 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Btw I finally find out the origin of my badge.

sH8MR2F.png?2

This game already exists in Cold Steel I, but in this version you have the opportunity to control the best Erebonian girl.

Literally where? I don't recall ever seeing this in Cold Steel 1.

35 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Falcom makes the best videogame music imo, Monolith Soft being close behind.

Swap Falcom and Monolith Soft and you get my opinion.

Regarding this age talk, i just want to mention one of my favorite Doctor Who quotes: "Some people live more in 20 years than they do in 80. It's not about the time, it's about the person".

Just now, Armagon said:

Regarding this age talk, i just want to mention one of my favorite Doctor Who quotes: "Some people live more in 20 years than they do in 80. It's not about the time, it's about the person".

I am truly among men (and possibly women) of understanding. 👍

But yeah, it's all about how you live, not how long you live. I completely agree.