Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think it's the opening version, since it's used as a title theme for the hack

Nice! Whoever made that hack has excellent taste in either music, games, or both!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of similar/same words, the Spanish word for "pregnant" is "embarazada" which is very similar to the English word "embarrassed". Yes i've gotten these mixed up when speaking Spanish and yes it was awkward. 

It happens.
I actually had a similar experience in English class back in school. The German word for "thick" is "dick".
You can imagine what happened when I got these two words mixed up.
"This is a dick wall!" I declare proudly. And regretted it not two seconds later. XD

3 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

There's an ongoing joke in my family about how I'm older than my parents thanks to it. I find the concept hilarious.

You experienced firsthand what any of the kids from the future of Ricken, Donnel, or Lissa would most likely feel in Awakening.
That's quite the accomplishment.

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Speaking of stereotypical German activists, I’ve done my ancestors proud.

EB12F87B-9453-4A1D-8ADE-93A1331B3338.jpeg

Well, your German ancestry would explain your fondness for booze...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of similar/same words, the Spanish word for "pregnant" is "embarazada" which is very similar to the English word "embarrassed". Yes i've gotten these mixed up when speaking Spanish and yes it was awkward. 

Well, supposedly, Embarazada comes from a word meaning "bonds", or in Spanish "Lazo". I suppose that's also why one can also say "En cinta" when referring to being pregnant, as cinta and lazo can be synonyms. Or it likely refers to bonds as in binding?

---

Speaking of ancestry.... well, as a Mexican I have Iberian ancestry, naturally. Though some is recent compared to others. As in, still had great-great-grandparents in Spain. Being more specific, I know some of my ancestry is from Galicia and Euskadi/the Basque Country.

Might be remote, but if I do have Galician ancestry then there's a good chance it's Suebi ancestry, so Germanic too. But it'd be very removed Germanic ancestry, obviously. On the other hand, the Visigoths are considered Germanic too, so... *shrugs*

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nice! Whoever made that hack has excellent taste in either music, games, or both!

It's one of the better hacks i played, ngl^^

Just now, Wraith said:

@DragonFlames is there any decent German fantasy or literature in general you could recommend?

I don't read much outside of the many, many, many, many (...) things I have to read for university (being a literature major does that to you), so I can only really talk about our "classic" literature, some of which is actually quite good.
Johann Wolfgang Goethe's Faust, for example is worth a read, as is the old Niebelungenlied, as well as the Arthurian cycle. The latter especially contains a lot of fantasy elements.
Iwein, for example, has the main protagonist travel to and becoming king of another world.
If you want some darker stuff, there are the works by Franz Kafka or E.T.A. Hoffmann (his "Sandman" is one of my personal favorites).

One book I have read outside of my studies and I can recommend, especially for fantasy fans, is "The three lights of little Veronica" by Manfred Kyber.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's one of the better hacks i played, ngl^^

What's it called?

In regards to ancestry, my dad's side is descended from Italians. But it was so long ago that nobody in my family speaks Italian anymore, at least not natively.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The German word for "thick" is "dick".
You can imagine what happened when I got these two words mixed up.
"This is a dick wall!" I declare proudly. And regretted it not two seconds later. XD

Oof lmao.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose that's also why one can also say "En cinta" when referring to being pregnant, as cinta and lazo can be synonyms. Or it likely refers to bonds as in binding?

Could be a regional thing. I don't think I've ever heard anyone in Venezuela say "en cinta" when referring to being pregnant.

I mean, in Venezuela, we say "carraotas" when referring to beans but places like Columbia and Puerto Rico say "frijoles" instead.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Faust

Always.

It's the first one that came to mind as well when i read the question hehe.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What's it called?

The nameless Heroes

https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-the-nameless-heroes-6-14-update/6262

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Could be a regional thing. I don't think I've ever heard anyone in Venezuela say "en cinta" when referring to being pregnant.

I mean, in Venezuela, we say "carraotas" when referring to beans but places like Columbia and Puerto Rico say "frijoles" instead.

Well, it's not common even in my part of Mexico. Though it is said in others. So yeah.

Oh, you're Venezuelan? Interesting.

Yeah, Spanish is definitely not uniform across the entirety of the Hispanic world.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Always.

It's the first one that came to mind as well when i read the question hehe.

It's probably one of the best known works in German literature. And for good reason.
When we read it in school, I absolutely loved it, ngl. And I had the pleasure of reading it again a few semesters ago for a seminar. That was fun.

Part 2 is freaking weird, though.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I see, I see. Looks fun!

This is it. We've found the peak Xenoblade meme. Pack it up.

Wide Shulk

Wide Shulk

Bulk

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, you're Venezuelan? Interesting

Yep. Though as i've mentioned before, i was born in the US. 

I think the last time i went to Venezuela was in like, 2012, i think. I just know it was a few years before it all went to shit.

22 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've never read Goethe's Faust, but I was assigned to read excerpts from Marlowe's adaptation in HS. It was quite good from what I remember.

I read that in high school.

Edited by Wraith

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

m wondering if your health is alright?

I am omega exhausted, but i've been like that before starting super Thracia

Maybe the prospect alone scared me lel

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I did not notice this dude:

latest?cb=20160521193653

Who sprung out of nowhere like Jaws on meth and killed me- Sarcosuchus, the Iron Eater.

i hate when crap like that happens. 

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am omega exhausted, but i've been like that before starting super Thracia

Maybe the prospect alone scared me lel

Good luck, then. I severely dislike that hack, personally.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Good luck, then. I severely dislike that hack, personally.

Vanilla Thracia is intimidating enough for me. I can't imagine even trying Super.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Vanilla Thracia is intimidating enough for me. I can't imagine even trying Super.

I just dont like their design choices. (Who does?) Weapon power is inflated to the heavens, along with stats and skills. Enemy density is crazy. Dumb design choices like fake doors that waste keys.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I forgot to mention, I also currently own VI, but I haven't touched it yet. Since I do want to play in order.

Although, my first DQ game was IX, but the cartridge was stolen. That happened years ago. I might eventually get VII for the 3DS. I got VIII on mobile and later on in 3DS too.

Fair enough, I'd say, I can jump around for series like this, might replay DQV again later to see all the nods I missed my first time.
I should probably pick up VIII on 3DS sometime, I don't own the game and I feel like the 3DS version might be hard to find in a few years.

Tales of Berseria is on sale on Steam for the price of a movie ticket ($12). As such, I have decided to jump on this sale.

This is the last chance, if Berseria's combat doesn't click with me, I am done with Tales forever.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tales of Berseria is on sale on Steam for the price of a movie ticket ($12). As such, I have decided to jump on this sale.

This is the last chance, if Berseria's combat doesn't click with me, I am done with Tales forever.

I hope you like it, regardless if I'm not big on the gameplay, if you like it, that's good, the cast in this game is amazing, and I love it so. I think this game has a lot of good going for it.

4 minutes ago, Caster said:

I hope you like it, regardless if I'm not big on the gameplay, if you like it, that's good, the cast in this game is amazing, and I love it so. I think this game has a lot of good going for it.

The cast is honestly the biggest thing I'm looking forward to. From the few clips I've seen of them, I feel like I'm in for a treat.