Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Game: hiding the fact I pirated FE4 from my family who thinks that I'll be thrown in jail and fined for pirating shit.

When I'm in your house and they find my hard drive full (750GB) of music/audiobooks/live gigs, they'll probably look at me with disdain.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Game: hiding the fact I pirated FE4 from my family who thinks that I'll be thrown in jail and fined for pirating shit.

*glances over at hacked Wii, hacked 3DS, laptop emulators, library of video game soundtracks and laughs nervously*

-------------

Btw, those of you who bought Xenoblade DE, did you get physical or digital? Usually I get physical, but I've got a few days off from college and the ship times are a bit long.

Wow, Gen 2 of genealogy of the Holy war is actually pretty good!

You know, in a remake, I hope they make Sigurd a footlocked unit-keep his insane stats and whatnot, but he just makes the game so boring because he doesn't have a single downside. If they did that, I do have a reason to use my other foot units since Alec and Noish aren't that godlike and can't snap the game in half.

15 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

When I'm in your house and they find my hard drive full (750GB) of music/audiobooks/live gigs, they'll probably look at me with disdain.

Tbf how else am I gonna play FE4?

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

*glances over at hacked Wii, hacked 3DS, laptop emulators, library of video game soundtracks and laughs nervously*

Run from my family

2 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

ur suposed to lurn japanese and play it on original hardwere, oviosly.

Interested as I am to buy a Switch... might just get one locally, to be honest.

15 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

In a Switch once its added to its Virtual Console?

Even without shipping and handling, 265EUR (PHP14,897 and change, call it PHP15,000) is relatively cheaper than the secondhand Switches being sold here (with S&H, might come to par with them but anyway).

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Never stopped me. My imported SRW games are proof of that.

SRW games have official english versions (atleast some of them do) that didn't get released in the west

there's no official english FE4 release, period

Just now, Shrimperor said:

SRW games have official english versions (atleast some of them do) that didn't get released in the west

there's no official english FE4 release, period

That's only a recent thing. Every other game remains exclusively in Japanese, barring those that receive fan translations.

All the GBA cartridges I imported, the PSX games I bought from the PSN... those are pure Japanese, with no way to patch them a fan translation. Once again, never stopped me.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

qpNxbHG.png

now switchboys can enjoy the awesomeness that is MegaNep

Let's hope they were able to work out an agreement to keep Million Arthur in the game.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

For me, it's the best Switch game just by default.

I personally think it's a bit unfair to consider a port of a game as the best game in a console. It's better to judge the exclusives only when it comes to these sort of things imo imo.

Although sometimes a game is exclusive to a console and then it gets ported to other platforms later. In those cases, I'd still consider the original version and judge it in the realm of "what are the best games on this console". 

And then some games are just on multiple platforms to begin with. It gets really tricky there haha.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

, those of you who bought Xenoblade DE, did you get physical or digital? Usually I get physical, but I've got a few days off from college and the ship times are a bit long.

Digital because the Switch is so convinient for that.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

You know, in a remake, I hope they make Sigurd a footlocked unit-keep his insane stats and whatnot, but he just makes the game so boring because he doesn't have a single downside

I think it'd be nice if the remake also gave Sigurd a personality 🙂

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it'd be nice if the remake also gave Sigurd a personality 🙂

PREPOSTEROUS! NO FE LORD CAN HAVE PERSONALITY!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Digital because the Switch is so convinient for that.

Actually decided to check my local Walmart and got the physical for $10 cheaper than MSRP. I like having the actual game and box, but I get the convenience factor. Sometimes switching out cartridges so often gets a bit annoying.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

PREPOSTEROUS! NO FE LORD CAN HAVE PERSONALITY!

Damn, looks like we gotta cancel Alm.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Actually decided to check my local Walmart and got the physical for $10 cheaper than MSRP. I like having the actual game and box, but I get the convenience factor. Sometimes switching out cartridges so often gets a bit annoying.

Especially since the Switch is a portable system and swaping games on the go is much easier with digital.

The New 3DS is the only system i'd say is actually bad for digital since if you ever need to upgrade storage, you have to unscrew the entire back bottom plate in order to acess the SD card slot. I don't get what they were thinking wit that design choice.

Hm, it's a much higher hassle to switch SD Cards?

Man, that sucks. I've also been planning to upgrade to a newer 3DS model. Just in case as my 3DS is kinda old, relatively speaking.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames @Shrimperor @lightcosmo i was going through the Switch eShop earlier today. Going through the Coming Soon tab, i found Megadimension has been added to the catalog. Comes out July 28th and will cost $30. No listing of the DLC but maybe it will be added in later.

Reveal hidden contents

Don't let Kaguya find out lmao.

Thank you for the heads up! Will be buying that for sure!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Let's hope they were able to work out an agreement to keep Million Arthur in the game.

Fingers crossed!
I'm just glad my girl Nitroplus is here to stay.

I personally think it's a bit unfair to consider a port of a game as the best game in a console. It's better to judge the exclusives only when it comes to these sort of things imo imo.

Although sometimes a game is exclusive to a console and then it gets ported to other platforms later. In those cases, I'd still consider the original version and judge it in the realm of "what are the best games on this console". 

A fair assessment and good points all around, however MegaNep is one of my three all-time favorite games, so... I just can't think of it otherwise.
Only applies to myself, of course, as these things do.

And then some games are just on multiple platforms to begin with. It gets really tricky there haha.

Ayup! Particularly with third party JRPGs, which is the genre I tend to play the most. Most of those exist on PC as well as consoles.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Damn, looks like we gotta cancel Alm.

Also the Three Houses lords.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, those of you who bought Xenoblade DE, did you get physical or digital? Usually I get physical, but I've got a few days off from college and the ship times are a bit long.

Physical, because I'm a person who needs to have the special edition of every game I love.

Oh, and my DL speed is awful.

Edited by lightcosmo

This talk about physical vs. digital reminds me that the only physical Switch game I have is Fire Emblem Three Houses. Everything else is digital.
Though admittedly, my Switch library is not terribly big.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I prefer digital.

Same. It's more convenient and you can actually get the game you want when you want it. Physical copies you always have to count on being available in stores, which, especially for the games I like to play, tends to cause all kinds of problems sometimes. And the digital stores tend to have sales more often, too.