• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Meanwhile, I made some progress in Dragon Star Varnir.
Even on Hard, I'm curbstomping most everything that the game throws at me (thank you, New Game Plus!), but there are a surprising (and alarming) amount of enemies that survive a hit (currently at the start of Chapter 4). In any case, I'm trying to use this playthrough not only to get more character endings (aiming for Minessa's or Laponette's next), but also to get the Dragon Cores I missed on my first run.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

It is. XD

One of her bonus lines has her say that she "definitely won't watch you when you sleep".
But other than that, I think she's a sweet character.

...Are...you okay DragonFlames? Any problems you...you want to talk about buddy? Any good cults you...joined lately?

🐉
Huh. I did not know this exists. Neat!

Just now, Wraith said:

...Are...you okay DragonFlames? Any problems you...you want to talk about buddy? Any good cults you...joined lately?

I'm fine, thanks.

Mid-game thoughts on Tales of Berseria (for reference, i've just entered Palamedes).

• The whole party is good. I can't say yet where i would rank them relative to other games i've played but the cast is the definitive strong point of this game. Not Bienfu though. If i had to rank the characters themselves so far: 
    1. Eizen
    2. Velvet
    3. Rokurou
    4. Eleanor
    5. Magilou
    6. Laphicet
  • On the other side though, the villains are actually.........very weak so far. Even Artorius, a.k.a, evil Dunban, isn't really that compelling yet. I don't know if any of this will change later but yeah, i don't really care for the villains. 
  • Music's still unmemorable. Doesn't help that some area themes are just straight-up reused.
  • Combat is still good though i will say it does fall a bit short compared to other ARPGs/Action games i've played in some areas.
  • I completed one boss battle with three out of four party members dead (not counting the ones in sub) and the only ones that got EXP was the last one standing and the two party members in sub. It's one of those games, huh.
  • Speaking of boss battles, the game really likes to surprise you with them. There's a few times where there's zero indication that there will be a boss but then a boss just shows up. Wish it'd stop that.
  • I don't get why warp points exist in dungeons only sometimes. 
5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, I see! I remember running into that battle for the first time... hoo boy, that was rough. Mostly because it took me completely by surprise. I was level 90-something, I think? Definitely below 100, but not by much. It was a while ago, so I can't remember what party I used.

I still haven't beaten that fight.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

mnLlVoW.jpg

Where's Monono?

It's the only quest Noppon I'm missing.

Pretty sure Monono is the last one you get. He can be found in Gran Dell but you can't really do his quest until you recruit all of the other Ponspecters.

Edited by Armagon

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mid-game thoughts on Tales of Berseria (for reference, i've just entered Palamedes).

Iirc that was like 30% in? or something like that

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Iirc, that's not very far into the game at all, actually. Though it's been a while since I played.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still haven't beaten that fight.

You get Milli's strongest weapon from it, if memory serves.

@Shrimperor That Teehee chapter, tho... Damn!

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Iirc that was like 30% in? or something like that

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Iirc, that's not very far into the game at all, actually. Though it's been a while since I played.

So more like early-mid game then.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How didn't i notice this

To be fair, I didn't notice it, either, until I stumbled upon the info while looking up something else (I wanted to refresh myself on Illya's backstory and one thing led to another).
Mai Kadowaki is just that good, apparently.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

Fake fan.

He has only played a single Atelier game with Rorona in it. Cut him some slack. XD

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Fake fan.

393085077866938368.png?v=1

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

He has only played a single Atelier game with Rorona in it. Cut him some slack. XD

and still need to finish it

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

strong weapon, indeed.

But i want to dinish some other stuff first xD

Of course, of course. XD
tumblr_ooowg5iXgE1w0o5foo1_r2_500.gif

I'm thinking of replaying Atelier Lulua sometime soon, actually. Perhaps after my current Dragon Star Varnir playthrough.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Shrimperor said:

scarry

That's just the Persona 5 loading symbol. It says "take your time" on it, so I used it, because just saying "Take your time" wasn't stylish enough, apparently. XD

Ya know, i wish more games do split MC/Party/lead thing. 

Like Radiant Dawn, Megadimension, etc. I always end loving those games, mainly due to prespective change, gameplay change and getting to know characters better.

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, i wish more games do split MC/Party/lead thing. 

Like Radiant Dawn, Megadimension, etc. I always end loving those games, mainly due to prespective change and getting to know characters better

Same!

Final Fantasy XIII does this, too. It's one of the things I liked about that game, actually.
But other than those three, I can't think of many games that have done this.