• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

@Benice should recognize where that gif is from, haha.

Zelda: Skyward Sword, correct?
I think the dancing guy's name is Girahim or something like that. I remember him from Hyrule Warriors.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

C-263pzXYAI-e52.jpg

cute fanart because I feel like sharing some teehee

Lookin' adorable!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I think the dancing guy's name is Girahim or something like that. I remember him from Hyrule Warriors.

Yeah. It's Benice's favorite Zelda game and one that I enjoyed quite a bit except for forced motion controls.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Victory... DANCE!

Showa era Godzilla is filled with corny moments like it.

This never gets old.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

lol

But in all honesty, these old movies had charm.

Indeed. The fact that it's all 99% practical effects makes it age pretty well. Hell, even if we go back further, the original King Kong duology's stop motion effects are very charming and fun to watch.

I prefer the Heisei and MonsterVerse Godzilla eras more but the Showa era is definitely the easiest to like.

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep. Best game of all time. (Okay, it's not, but it's my favorite by three miles.)

Seriously though, I'm not certain I'll ever find I game I love that much.

Which is too bad, because to some extent it's the black sheep of the franchise. I will say that if you want to try playing it, I'd try Twilight princess first, as it is overall much easier in terms of combat but still utilizes motion controls. Skyward Sword isn't very easy in the beginning. (Also, the plot takes a while to get going, but it eventually will and the game spams text walls at you less and less as you progress.) but Twilight Princess' visuals and, in my opinion, music aren't as good as Skyward Sword's due to being made first on the Gamecube rather than the Wii. Holy cow, do I love Skyward sword's soundtrack. Best in the franchise IMO. Twilight Princess has some bangers too, though.

But Twilight Princess has Midna and Malo. 10/10 game. (Although being perfectly honest, I'd give it a 6.5/10, mostly because I'm salty about finding only 59 of the poes and being unable to find the last one despite spending three weeks trying to do so. It's a really good game.)

Also, quick tip for both games-In twilight princess, you should aim to unlock the back slice skill ASAP, (IIRC you can get it at around the time you get the third or fourth temple) as it's necessary to fight a lot of monsters efficiently-enemies without shields go down more or less without a fight, but if they've got a shield/armor, you need to abuse the heck out of the Back Slice. Make sure you get it before the temple of time at the very latest, because the miniboss there is very tough without having it.

As for Skyward Sword: Shield bash. The game is soooo hard without shields, especially in the early game when you're facing Deku Babas who are rather tough. Heck, I think doing the final boss without any shields would be near impossible! Make sure you bring one or two before you go to Faron Woods and that you have one for the boss of the temple.

Erm, anyways, if you do decide to play either game, I'd be happy to give advice as you can probably tell!

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

giphy.gif

Ah yes, one of the best scenes in the game.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

He's an amazing villain in SS. (Haven't played Hyrule Warriors, so I can't speak about that.) He hums his own theme song in part of the game. He's my favorite antagonist in the franchise, followed by Wind Waker!Ganondorf.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

except for forced motion controls.

Ngl I thought they aren't actually that bad and that it was more well-implemented than Twilight Princess. Of course, this is a highly unpopular opinion. I personally think that they should keep the motion controls if it gets a remake because the technology now could be more accurate than during the Wii era.

4 minutes ago, kittykatie said:

well pick a god and pray because I am about to tee hee...

TEE HEE!

Welcome to the cult, young padawan.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Motions controls were mostly why Link is right handed now. Boooooo

TWILIGHT PRINCESS DID IT FIRST BLAME IT

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

TWILIGHT PRINCESS DID IT FIRST BLAME IT

Because of the motion controls, yes.

I bought the NGC version of TP... but then after that it was mostly resignation. Though then again, TP was the last Zelda game I played.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

but Twilight Princess' visuals and, in my opinion, music aren't as good as Skyward Sword's due to being made first on the Gamecube rather than the Wii.

Tbh, even with the Wii U remaster, i feel that Twilight Princess has the worst visuals out of the 3D Zeldas, not counting OG Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Colors are too washed out and Majora's Mask 3D showed you could have a game darker in tone without having having the colors all be different shades of brown.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbh, even with the Wii U remaster, i feel that Twilight Princess has the worst visuals out of the 3D Zeldas, not counting OG Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Colors are too washed out and Majora's Mask 3D showed you could have a game darker in tone without having having the colors all be different shades of brown.

Huh, really? Haven't played the Wii U remaster, but I'd have imagined that they'd have improved a fair bit. I still love the Twilight realm, though. It looks cool.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Huh, really? Haven't played the Wii U remaster, but I'd have imagined that they'd have improved a fair bit. I still love the Twilight realm, though. It looks cool.

I mean, it does look better than the OG but I'd argue visually, it still has the weakest visuals of the 3D Zelda's outside of OG OoT and MM.

https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/atelier-ryza-2-lost-legends-secret-fairy

@DragonFlames Atelier Ryza 2 has been leaked. And given this is coming from Australia's game rating system, which is handled by the Australian government itself iirc, this is legit.

This is a new precedent for the series, since we now have a character be a protag in more than one game. And honestly, I'm glad. Atelier Ryza's character interactions were a bit on the weaker side so seeing the crew come back for round 2 means only good things.

So just finished the wild ride that was ch5

Wew boy!

Also, some guesses. Don't tell me if i am right or wrong, just be amused with my foolishness xD

Spoiler

The face Mechons were originally human, that's why Monado can't hurt them

Metal face is that coward from the very beginning

We will have to fight MechonFiora later on. She's that white mechon thing in the vision

I am slowly really warming up to this Track

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Exploration, Sense of Adventure and Boss Fights.

Story is slowly ramping up though!

All very good reasons, of course!

Glad you have some interest in the story, that's always good!