• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Strullemia said:

Dolce is good as well. I'm not really sure why I didn't plan to include her as well, since I included Forte in there. I think I probably had a plan of sorts. It probably had to do with the fact that it takes a while to unlock Dolce. Clorica is fine but I don't really like her whole sleeping gimmick. Still a ton better than Amber.

When I started playing the game again on the Switch I more or less had the girls ranked like this from my experience I had on the 3DS:

1. Margaret and Xiao

2. Dolce and Forte

3. Clorica

6. Amber

Note that this all based on date dialogue, story dialogue, personality dialogue etc. but not based on anything after you're post marraige romance locked. Like I said, I never got that far. For all I know Margaret and Xiao have awful personal stories (I know that each marriage candidate has one of those) and they'll drop down.

Just so you know, the Special version also has a Newlywed mode as well (which you probably do already know about) that has extra events exclusive to Switch in addition to the after-marriage events that existed in the 3DS version.

Not going to spoil it for you, but Margaret's marriage event and backstory are really good. She's right below Dolce and Clorica in my book as a marriageable character. Forte and Xiao are okay, for me at least. And Amber is left alone, haha.

This wins the prize for most adorable Noble Phantasm

Too bad I'd have to fork over 10 f***ing Euros to play as her. F*** you, Marvelous.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

Yea, really good soundtrack.

They ded

Amazing!

Just now, Wraith said:

Oh...have they brought up my ex-husdando yet?

I didn't know you had one of those! Who is the lucky fellow?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

This wins the prize for most adorable Noble Phantasm

Too bad I'd have to fork over 10 f***ing Euros to play as her. F*** you, Marvelous.

It's just the child protection service fee, calm down.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not going to spoil it for you, but Margaret's marriage event and backstory are really good.

I can second this.

2 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Crash trilogy, Spyro trilogy, Octopath Traveler, Atelier Lulua, Diablo 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Rune Factory 4, Xenoblade and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. 

I'll also get the new Neptunia for the Switch when that gets released and need to start Ys VIII (Shrimp considers it one one of his top 3 games so it's gotta be quite good).

Lots of good taste here.

I'm also thinking of getting Luigi's Mansion 3 eventually. I'm just not sure if i should pay for it at full price or wait for a rare Nintendo sale.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Too many Side quests, waaaaaaaaay too many.

Really tho, don't kill yourself doing this. 

If you ever decide to check out the rest of the series, you'll have an easier time with sidequests since there are significantly less of them. To compare

• Xenoblade 1 has 130 timed quests, 25 pairs of mutually-exclusive quests (you have the option of doing Quest A or Quest B but you can't do both) and 12 suprise quests. There is some overlap here and if you were to include the story quests, you'd get 480 quests in total.
    • Future Connected has 40.
  • Xenoblade 2 has 111 sidequests+32 Blade quests+26 DLC quests. If you include the story quests, that brings the total up to 152.
  • Torna has 52 sidequests. If you include the story quests, then you have 58 in total.

Xenoblade X is different here because there's a lot of sidequests here but it can be split up into normal sidequests and character sidequests but both types essentially have their own mini-stories. Xenoblade X differs from the rest of the series (not just the Blade games but Xeno overall) in that the side content is the main content and if you just play it for the main story, you'll be left disapointed (although Future Connected is like a micro-Xenoblade X in that sense).

However, at the end of the day, one thing is for sure: Xenoblade 1 is very bloated with it's side content and it's arguably the worst Xenoblade game to 100%, for those who are into that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Strullemia said:

I already played the game on the 3DS but my L button broke down which made it kind of difficult to complete. From what I recall I did finish Act 1 but nothing more than that. I didn't even get married.

Ooof.

I haven't played the Switch version in a while since i kinda did get burnout. Mainly because i'm trying to get married (Clorica) and have a child before Act 2 starts and this effectively limits my options. I also didn't remember crafting being stupid in this game.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the positive side, a little later when you make a five-second return to Makna Forest, a part you couldn't reach ATM, and provided you got the Area Affinity of Central Bionis to 3, upon completion of set of four more quests concerning the ruins in Makna Forest (available at the Archaeology Centre in Frontier Village), you'll get Monado Eater- an optional Monado Art for Shulk.

Worth noting that this can take a while.....too much of a while depending on who you ask. 

Doesn't help that Monado Eater is like the worst offensive Monado Art.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Altera's story doesn't get explored in EXTELLA LINK, right? Do you need to play Umbrella to get that backstory?

To get her full story, it is advantageous to do so. You could also always just watch a playthrough of her route from Umbral Star. It's not terribly long.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Really tho, don't kill yourself doing this. 

Well, i need the money..

Skill books are super expensive Xd

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

480 quests in total.

OOF

wth

That's like 5-7 RPG worth of sidequests in one game

Xenoblade 2 has 111 sidequests+32 Blade quests+26 DLC quests. If you include the story quests, that brings the total up to 152.

Now that sounds much more reasonable. I am really glad tbh, since it will make it easier to decice to get it if i want to venture further

If you ever decide to check out the rest of the series, you'll have an easier time with sidequests since there are significantly less of them. To compare

• Xenoblade 1 has 130 timed quests, 25 pairs of mutually-exclusive quests (you have the option of doing Quest A or Quest B but you can't do both) and 12 suprise quests. There is some overlap here and if you were to include the story quests, you'd get 480 quests in total.
    • Future Connected has 40.
  • Xenoblade 2 has 111 sidequests+32 Blade quests+26 DLC quests. If you include the story quests, that brings the total up to 152.
  • Torna has 52 sidequests. If you include the story quests, then you have 58 in total.

Xenoblade X is different here because there's a lot of sidequests here but it can be split up into normal sidequests and character sidequests but both types essentially have their own mini-stories. Xenoblade X differs from the rest of the series (not just the Blade games but Xeno overall) in that the side content is the main content and if you just play it for the main story, you'll be left disapointed (although Future Connected is like a micro-Xenoblade X in that sense).

However, at the end of the day, one thing is for sure: Xenoblade 1 is very bloated with it's side content and it's arguably the worst Xenoblade game to 100%, for those who are into that sort of thing.

Personally I didn't have many issues with there being too many quests, aside from the fact that by the endgame you get dozens of quests with enemies with levels in the 90s when your party is in their mid 70s, and you'll eventually run out of reasonably leveled quests so you'll have to grind for the later ones. Also, Xenoblade 2 has notably less quests because generic objectives like "find items" and "fight enemies" are instead tied to Blade skill trees, rather than being their own quests.

Anyway

Claude is my favorite Xenoblade protagonist.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, i need the money..

Skill books are super expensive Xd

Pro tip, only buy the skill books for Arts you actually intend on using the whole way through. There's no need to level up every Art unless you're going for 100%. If you're not sure which Arts you wanna keep for the ride, wait a bit until you get more.

As for equipment, the better ones are enemy drops. Store-bought equipment isn't as good but not pointless.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now that sounds much more reasonable. I am really glad tbh, since it will make it easier to decice to get it if i want to venture further

It helps that the other games also cuts down on the timed quests. There are only three timed quests in all of Xenoblade 2 and all are within the same area.

Xenoblade X also has some timed quests but it's nowhere near as many as Xenoblade 1's. Xenoblade 1 has the most missable content out of any Xenoblade game by a signficant margin.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Personally I didn't have many issues with there being too many quests, aside from the fact that by the endgame you get dozens of quests with enemies with levels in the 90s when your party is in their mid 70s, and you'll eventually run out of reasonably leveled quests so you'll have to grind for the later ones.

I feel like these were meant to be the "postgame" quests, although the fact that one of them requires an item that is only reasonably dropped from the strongest superboss in the game is very questionable.

Personally, i just turned on Casual Mode for a lot of these quests when they opened up because Casual Mode removes the level-penalties.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, Xenoblade 2 has notably less quests because generic objectives like "find items" and "fight enemies" are instead tied to Blade skill trees, rather than being their own quests.

Yes but this cuts down the bloat a lot and at any rate Merc Missions can be used to cheese Blade skill trees since it runs in the background while you do basically anything else. We all like to meme about Ursula's New Groove but that Blade quest does wonders for the skill trees of other Blades.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As for equipment, the better ones are enemy drops. Store-bought equipment isn't as good but not pointless.

well, the shops at Nopon village had better equipment than what i had. Except for some weapons xD

And thus i spent like ~140k just buying equipment (And like 100k buying books lol)