Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

We all do mistakes, so please stop blaming yourself!

When I was new in this forum I was the literally the same.

Friends prayed series and made me curious with that. Of course I kinda felt like being foced to play these games to be talkative to the others (I hate using the word group pressure here, but it was definitely not the case since no one ever forced someone to play something, and still other topics could be discussed about). Since I was very green with RPGs . Fire Emblem was my first RPG series at age of 23. I wanted to dip in other series. Of course some series appealed me, but some didn't. It happened. Just discover with your mind the games and find out what could be interesting and what not. Relying on someone's praise or review won't open your mind to judge about your own interests. You must see it on yourself! You like Fire Emblem, so I recommend to try focussing on this first! 

Yeah, that’s me exactly. Thanks for sharing that. 

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Worldwide release has me excited. No more waiting. Glad to see more smaller devs embracing this. 

EdYEkKAX0AEBp5r?format=jpg&name=small

Bless

2 minutes ago, Caster said:

I don't mean to be rude... but like, uh... why not just treat them like books? I never... especially got this comparison. "Oh, I'm not into VN's, I would rather just read a book." Well... why not like, just treat it as such, it basically is anyways. I dunno.

Cause it's not really the same as a book. Most VNs are basically just one or two character portraits with a text box and the occasional still image. So like, i said i might as well read a book but i can't really treat a VN as one anyway.

Idk, unless there's actual gameplay elements, i never really understood the appeal of VNs personally.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

Though I suppose it proves my point in my mind that people who ship Shirou with Saber haven't read the VN or even watched the animes.

"Woman shouldn't fight"

Fate route Shirou is a moron.

Shirou is one of my fav. Protags ever, but that's because i love him in UBW and HF sooooo much! I tent to disregard Fate route tbh, and UBW is what truelly got me into F/SN

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

why not just treat them like books? I never... especially got this comparison. "Oh, I'm not into VN's, I would rather just read a book." Well... why not like, just treat it as such, it basically is anyways. I dunno.

I can answer that one: reading stuff on a screen can get super exhausting. I did with F/SN because i was super into F/SN. I didn't try many other VNs yet.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No more waiting. Glad to see more smaller devs embracing this.

Falcom when?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i never really understood the appeal of VNs personally

Multipe routes

CGs

Music and soundeffects

Just now, Armagon said:

Cause it's not really the same as a book. Most VNs are basically just one or two character portraits with a text box and the occasional still image. So like, i said i might as well read a book but i can't really treat a VN as one anyway.

Idk, unless there's actual gameplay elements, i never really understood the appeal of VNs personally.

...Why? I don't understand this point.
I really don't understand it that much.
I'm not actually much into VNs. I just treat them as books. There is a story to be told with characters, I treat them as the same, basically.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

"Woman shouldn't fight"

Fate route Shirou is a moron.

Shirou is one of my fav. Protags ever, but that's because i love him in UBW and HF sooooo much! I tent to disregard Fate route tbh, and UBW is what truelly got me into F/SN

Yea, Fate route Shirou is... XD

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Wraith, what did you do?
Don't make me bust out the Teehee folder.

Seeing that WeAreNewcastle1053 has become an adult I've enlightened him about what a Taken is. As a result, I fear that I've sent him on the path to join The Black Company on their journeys. The company's days are numbered. 

Edited by Wraith

Supermarket was out of my favorite cheese. Yay! /s

Oh well... then I'll just eat something else.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames

Atelier Ryza 2 has been officially announced (i timestampped it). Well, no Western announcement for now but it's gonna happen. Koei Tecmo Europe is gonna be showing an English trailer on the 29th.

I'm actually very pleased with what i saw, it seems to be doing new things. Riding creatures on the field, new grapplehook item, you can swim underwater, suggesting new underwater exploration. Also it looks very good visually.

Looks gorgeous! I'm looking forward to it already!
Thanks for notifying me on this. I'd have probably missed it otherwise.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Seeing that WeAreNewcastle1053 has become an adult I've enlightened him about what a what a Taken is. As a result, I fear that I've sent him on the path to join The Black Company on their journeys. The company's days are numbered. 

F for the Black Company.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe Ryza has Alvis's key necklace. I suppose he didn't need it anymore once DE was released so Ryza ended up with it instead.

I thought the same thing lmao.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Dumb question, but why would that be a meme?

Envolope with red seal has been synonymous with Smash Bros reveals.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Envolope with red seal has been synonymous with Smash Bros reveals.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Smash-Invitation.jpg

Ah, now I get it.
I haven't exactly kept up with Smash, so that meme was news to me.

Thanks for explaining!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

also, no such thing as dumb question, only dumb answers 😉

Hehe, true.

Man, my eyes hurt like a bitch because i tried to not sleep to try & fix my sleep schedule.

I slept only 4 hours (hopefully that helps a bit), but man, my eyeeees xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, my eyes hurt like a bitch because i tried to not sleep to try & fix my sleep schedule.

Sounds rough. Get well soon!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1121560/Atelier_Ryza_Ever_Darkness__the_Secret_Hideout/

wtf Atelier with a good sale on steam...

sadly, i have so many games i wanna play for the next few months (XB, Astral Chain, DMC5, Lulua, Witcher 3 + various FE hacks and fangames i play inbetween) so....

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sounds rough. Get well soon!

thanks^^

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

4WGg7oe.jpg
Um... send help?

Top ten photos taken moments before disaster.

15 minutes ago, Ika Musume said:

Thanks to everyone that was patient with my hissy fit. I'll try to keep my personal crap to myself more.

No worries. I'll most certainly rant about bad days when I get them.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OOOF. Hope tomorrow goes better!

5 minutes ago, Ika Musume said:

Yooo I didn't sleep at all cuz I wanted to watch the entire first season of Konosuba and game fuel is too good

OOOF x 2

-------

RD update-Things are going okay, I guess. I'm on turn 12 but am in a bit of a spot for a few reasons-

1. Haar, my strongest unit in terms of attack, needs one more point of speed to avoid being doubled by Deghinsea
  2. Boyd doubles Deghinsea and deals 28 damage each turn with Urvan. I blessed the killer axe instead so he deals six. AAAAAA-
  3. Basically same thing for Rolf, but at least his blessed weapon has 18 mt.

Anyways, hopefully I'll finish today! Praise be to Shrimpy for the advice!

23 minutes ago, Ika Musume said:

Also does anyone else wanna quit Nintendo after that Direct mini today?

It was pretty disappointing, for me at least. But who knows? Maybe a full direct will pop up soon.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

RD update-Things are going okay, I guess. I'm on turn 12 but am in a bit of a spot for a few reasons-

1. Haar, my strongest unit in terms of attack, needs one more point of speed to avoid being doubled by Deghinsea
  2. Boyd doubles Deghinsea and deals 28 damage each turn with Urvan. I blessed the killer axe instead so he deals six. AAAAAA-

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Good luck to you, Benice!

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hope tomorrow goes better!

Thanks^^

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

Good luck, you can do it!

Don't you have a speedwing stored somewhere? xD