Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

overriding important battle themes isn't fun

I was kinda annoyed everytime Boss themes in XB got replaced after i nullified a Vision tag. ''The future, we can change it!'' Why change the Music though, Shulk?

There is a meme that each Xenoblade game that isn't in the X series will have a Unique Monster theme with the a variant of "You Will Know Our Names" as the title.

I saw  xD

The top comment on one of the Youtube videos: "You Will Recognize our Titles" in XB3

xD

think the battle theme plays once and then it ends and then it starts all over again. I know the area themes and final boss theme do that in X but i'm not sure about the battle theme.

I can see why that could get very annoying very very fast. 

Honestly though, i think Lyrics should be best left to Boss fights.

The lyrics have also become a meme thanks to the lines of "We're stuck on a different planet" and "I need a bigger gun".

rIAiEOX.gif

Lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao

Shrimpy's Law: Upon attempting to emulate a game, a remake/remaster gets announced shortly after

100% success rate so far! Even if it was only one game

*man of culture intensifies*

fcb1446b74166b0860ace50ed8b33686.gif

Have you heard the Super Arrange version? So good.

I love it!
It's so damn gooooooooooooooooood!

If were to post arranges and remixes, i would need another list tbh xD

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I was kinda annoyed everytime Boss themes in XB got replaced after i nullified a Vision tag. ''The future, we can change it!'' Why change the Music though, Shulk?

It wouldn't be so bad if Vision Reacts was good but it ends up sounding like a "low on health" theme, which tend to be universally hated.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I love it!
It's so damn gooooooooooooooooood!

The slow buildup before the real meat of the song kicks in 👌

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It wouldn't be so bad if Vision Reacts was good but it ends up sounding like a "low on health" theme

Ironic when you consider you break vision Tags to avoid such a low hp situation xD

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

which tend to be universally hated.

one of the few ones i like

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The slow buildup before the real meat of the song kicks in 👌

496478182925533187.png?v=1

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The theme of the second best villain in all of Xeno.

Here I thought Albedo was the third best villain (with Jin and Egil tied for second). Though I suppose I can't argue; he does have that laugh after allIncidentally, this video also sums up how much screentime he gets in Episode III.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah as cool as Wir Fligen is, overriding important battle themes isn't fun. At least the songs that X uses to override other songs are still better than Vision Reacts.

Now that I think about, modern FE could provide a middle ground solution, a way to keep "intense OD music" and yet not quite override- Ablaze variants.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The lyrics have also become a meme thanks to the lines of "We're stuck on a different planet" and "I need a bigger gun".

rIAiEOX.gif

Bigger gun indeed.

I have not seen this weapon of hers, exclusive to the Ep. 1 body?

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

one of the few ones i like

Ok this one's cool. Also lmao the top comment. "Real A U R A  R A I N hours".

44 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Here I thought Albedo was the third best villain (with Jin and Egil tied for second).

He'd be the best if he didn't get hard shafted in Episode III.

Though honestly, Malos and Albedo are equal parts amazing and entertaining.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have not seen this weapon of hers, exclusive to the Ep. 1 body?

Yeah it's a Phase Transfer Cannon. It's used literally once in the entire trilogy (it was needed to clear the path to Episode I's final area).

It appearently can wipe out an entire solar system if used incorrectly. But again, it's used literally once and never again.

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

7KMGfir.png

F for YWKON, Obstacle in our path and Mechanical Rythm

Pain.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He'd be the best if he didn't get hard shafted in Episode III.

This hurts. This awful reminder of him getting shafted so hard.

Mentioning that is a serious crime. 😪

Edited by lightcosmo

I can't really post field music since it pretty much includes the entire soundrack of Xenoblade 2.

Gormott, Uraya, Mor Aradin or Tantal were all phenomenal.

As known I'm not a big fan of Zestiria, but hearing this theme was one of the few outstanding moments this game had for me.

As for Trails my favorite field themes were both to Amorica Village in Zero.

And of course Nord must not miss. Though the area is a bit boring I have to say, even if very pretty.

4 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

I can't really post field music since it pretty much includes the entire soundrack of Xenoblade 2.

Gormott, Uraya, Mor Aradin or Tantal were all phenomenal.

As known I'm not a big fan of Zestiria, but hearing this theme was one of the few outstanding moments this game had for me.

As for Trails my favorite field themes were both to Amorica Village in Zero.

And of course Nord must not miss. Though the area is a bit boring I have to say, even if very pretty.

The music kind of sounds like the ost of Chrono Cross.

I haven't played this series, but the music in this video sounds nice.

Here's more relaxing music:

BTW: I have to apologize for leaving the NEP theme already, but I had to do it for given occasion.

My avatar has to fit to the current season, and Lysithea is the best videogame character anyways........ well maybe second after Tio.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Oho!

That's a cool one!

Indeed!

Wait a sec...

Aren't those the ones you used as pfp?

Yep, so they are!
I was thinking about sticking with the Hellfire Spear as a permanent pfp (because dragons and fire), but... you know... waifus. XD

also, Theme would fit in right with FE!

If an FE game really had that battle theme somewhere, it would automatically be the best one.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Now, fav. Final Boss themes!

Oh boy!

Nights of Azure 2 - Lucia - This one will most likely forever be my absolute favorite. It does play for my absolute favorite antagonist and final boss, so that helps, probably.
Bravely Default - Serpent Eating The Ground - Revo is a legend. That's all. The live version is even better.
Dragon Star Varnir - Take Over Star - Because dragons.
Nights of Azure - Who Wishes Dawn - Because this had to be here. It just had to be.
Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - Technically not the final boss, but it's the last boss fight in the story you can actually lose unless you're really dumb, so... *commence headbanging*
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - The Anticipated New World - Never thought you'd see a Digimon game here, did ya?
Stella Glow - In The Abyss of Despair - Stella Glow is amazing.
Atelier Meruru - Nefertiti - Because nothing says "cute girls do cute alchemy things" like friggin' Speed Metal.
Atelier Sophie - Liela Xea - My favorite Atelier final boss theme. I only recently rediscovered it, though, because it's not on the OST for some reason.
Fire Emblem Three Houses - A Funeral of Flowers - My personal favorite of the three final map themes in that game. Even though the map in and of itself is more on the meh side.
Blue Reflection - Sayonara -Kami Musubi- - And I'm crying again. Goddamnit. This is less here for the actual music and more for the context in which it plays.
Tales of Xillia 2 - If it's for you -Song 4 U- - And the tears won't stop.
Dynasty Warriors 8 - Restart (Battle of Chengdu) - ... Yeah, this stuff is awesome. While there is stuff in the DW8 soundtrack I prefer, this is def one of my favorite final battle themes.
Shin Megami Tensei IV - Merkabah Phase 2 - Awesome organ is awesome.
Shin Megami Tensei IV - Lucifer Phase 2 - One of the most terrifying final boss designs I've seen. And one of the most intense battle themes.
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold - At the End of the Labyrinth, Resound of Swords - This is what happens when you make an orchestral version of the best theme in the game. This is one of my favorite final boss battles, as well. Because you just kick the ever-living crap out of the thing after it gave you hell in phase one.

*whew* I went all out on this one. XD

I'd post the final map theme for FE Echoes, too, but Shrimpy already did that for me, so... yeah.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Shilling time? Oh boy, time for me to shill the fuck out of the Xeno series.

If that series gets one thing right, it's the music. Although the rap/hip hop stuff in X is kinda... eeeeh.
I love listening to the OSTs, so keep 'em comin'!

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

but Don't Worry is probably the most non-sensical Engrish song i've ever heard.

When it comes to nonsensical Engrish songs, these two come to my mind immediately.

---

Welcome back, @Benice!

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

F5IHiiU.jpg?1

The real anime part is going to start.

sighs

Persona 5 is pretty good with keeping this stuff to a minimum, though.
Persona 4 on the other hand...

Nice profile picture, by the way! Summer Lysithea looks adorable!

Edited by DragonFlames

It's well executed in Persona 5 right, but all the scenes and dialogues like summer event or all the evening meals are tiring.

I started the pyramid (not even the halfway dungeon), and my gameplay time is already over 30 h.

Persona 4 disappeared out of my minds tbh.

Can't remember on very most things.

Also thanks!

This picture is another proof why Lys is a mature woman.

She is old enough to show her prettiness.

4 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Persona 4 disappeared out of my minds tbh.

Can't remember on very most things.

It's probably better that way.

She is old enough to show her prettiness.

So she is.

Persona 4 had a boring cast overall aside of antagonist and a few side characters like Nanako and her dad.

True.
I found some of them to be downright unlikeable, even.
Though Yukiko was cool, I guess.

I'm glad this hadn't made it into Heroes, otherwise I would have been busted.

If it does happen, do what I do and just download the pictures. Same effect, basically. I have an entire collection of Heroes artwork.

Edited by DragonFlames

55 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Persona 4 had a boring cast overall aside of antagonist and a few side characters like Nanako and her dad.

Wow, Julian Teehee, you must have balls of steel because in certain circles what you’ve just said would be considered ‘heresy’ and people would send the Black Templars to ‘redeem’ you from the maws of madness.

15 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Oh boy, have I got a treat for you then.

Wow, that was actually really good. It was a bit surprising to hear lyrics with that theme but I think it fits pretty well actually. Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If that series gets one thing right, it's the music. Although the rap/hip hop stuff in X is kinda... eeeeh.

Technically, Xenosaga Episode I doesn't really have much in the ways of music. Heck, it has 2 map themes in the game, total. Both which are a tad annoying after hearing them for a while, honestly Other than that, it's silent when traversing the map. It has no boss battle theme, just the final boss theme. One or two "event" themes, where thing are going down or about to. But most of the time, no music is playing besides the battle theme, which if you don't like, your pretty much screwed.

I just thought it was fair to mention not *all* of them got music right.

Edited by lightcosmo