• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

ymcsjupxywq31.png

This is the vibe I get from this thread when people start complaining about how they never want to play a game because it has a single mechanic they don't like in it, tbh

Just now, Caster said:

This is the vibe I get from this thread when people start complaining about how they never want to play a game because it has a single mechanic they don't like in it, tbh

I mean, we don't complain about the game, but just say we aren't interested in playing them 😛

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wonder if FE4, FE15, and FE6 fans get tired of me talking negatively about those games as well. I mean, I don't hate any FE game actually. I just have more issues with those games than the others.

I suppose some might.

Personally, won't deny, I just feel resigned to keep reading the phrase "Kaga BS", among other stuff. Honestly, at this point it says more on them than on Kaga himself.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, we don't complain about the game, but just say we aren't interested in playing them 😛

That's debatable

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Now i feel like an ass because i usually say what i think about games quite frankly, be it positive or negative xD

You shouldn't, honestly. You have a right to your opinion, and I think most are mature enough to accept that regardless of whether or not they agree or disagree.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay my so far review of Atelier Ryza, keep in mind I'm not too far yet so yeah.

The battle system: for being pretty simple, I enjoy it quite a bit, not too complicated, not too difficult. Runs at amazing speed (no lag). Leveling up is at a good pace, and getting good equipment isnt hard or boring at all, to make things easier.

The alchemy: this is where the game really shines: the customization for everything is crazy. I feel like I have so much influence over a lot of different things! I really like this idea, and wished it were present in most games. Best parts, getting something new feels rewarding. I cant stress how important this is. I hate going all this way to get something and I wasted my time, that's not the case here!

The exploration: again this is kinda basic, but the controls respond well, and you move at a good speed so it doesnt take too long. Gathering materials is actually kinda fun and isnt tedious work like most games.

As far as the story/characters go, I cant judge yet since I'm not *that* far yet. But they pretty good so far.thats my opinion on things so far, though! Worth playing so far, for sure!

Nice that you are enjoying it!

Alchemy also was my favorite part of the game because it's easy to understand, so enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

😄

I will add on it: Persona as a series shouldn't have existed 😛

Thanks to it every JRPG tries to do the school thing

I'm honest I only play it because of the simulation part and the SMT gameplay. I could get along without the anime stuff. That said I'd like to play more classic SMT games, but only very few exist for consoles I own. At least Devil Survivor also exists which is even superior for being a round based strategy game. I would like to see a sequel, way more than one for Persona.

I'm trying to do 8x in Super Thracia right now aka Leif against the entire world.

The worst part is that I had to replay chapter 8 because I had to capture the boss to get access to 8x which was a pain in the ass to do.

Edited by Julian Teehee

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wonder if FE4, FE15, and FE6 fans get tired of me talking negatively about those games as well. I mean, I don't hate any FE game actually. I just have more issues with those games than the others.

Since I am part of that group you mention, I will say I like FE15 a lot, probably more than some people on here, but I was never bothered by you talking negatively about it (although besides putting it on the bottom of your FE game rankings, I haven't seen you talking negatively about it much).

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now i feel like an ass because i usually say what i think about games quite frankly, be it positive or negative xD

Don't feel that way. There's no need!

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Caster said:

That's debatable

Games are expensive and time consuming, so before going into one i have to make sure i will atleast like it

or will you play the Origami King?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Games are expensive and time consuming, so before going into one i have to make sure i will atleast like it

or will you play the Origami King?

How dare you.

Point for Shrimpy, I guess. XD

Joking aside, I agree with Shrimpy.
Before I buy a game, I also want to make sure I'll like it before playing. Money doesn't grow on trees, after all.

Fate/Extella and Link were a no-brainer, because I like musou games and Fate characters and both combined are a winning combination (though Link is much better than vanilla Extella). And the games I'm currently playing, I'm playing on emulator, so... yeah.
And Xenoblade 2 was an experiment to see what the fuss was about.

Edited by DragonFlames

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No problem. That's considerate of you to think that way.

Seriously I'd use my time and energy more efficient than to bother with such trivialities.

People can like and dislike whatever they want.

Other people's opinions don't bother me in the slightest unless wrong facts are brought.

Just let the people talk!

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You shouldn't, honestly. You have a right to your opinion, and I think most are mature enough to accept that regardless of whether or not they agree or disagree.

I mean, given you just badmouthed Majora's Mask last page... and I don't give two shits. If I cared what people thought of the games I like then I'd probably have high blood pressure... instead of low.

I mean everyone has a free speech. If they (dis-(like) for some reason(s), then it's fine! Though it's something different if it's connected with wrong facts. An example is Xenoblade review by IGN which didn't give a high rating to this game. It didn't bother me at all until I noticed that the reviewers didn't figur out the battle style about the characters and gave wrong review about them as result.

Edited by Julian Teehee

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Joking aside, I agree with Shrimpy.
Before I buy a game, I also want to make sure I'll like it before playing. Money doesn't grow on trees, after all.

I understand but at the same time refusing to play a game because it has one thing you dislike, seems stupid to me. A game could have the most amazing battle system, it could be the most in-depth, amazing, beautiful game ever, but if it had random encounters there would be people who would refuse to touch it. People complain about Bravely Default having random encounters when you can literally turn them off completely

I'm not buying Origami King, nor did I buy Color Splash, because of "one thing that bothered me", it's because I dislike what this series has become and I won't spend money on it if it continues to be this way.

In the end everyone can do what they want, I just find it a bit silly.

Edited by Caster

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I agree. That's why homebrew has been so amazing for me (which I understand isn't for everyone and that's fine). I've been able to try games that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise for financial reasons and determine whether I liked them or not. In fact, 3DS homebrew is how I got into FE in the first place with Awakening.

11 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Seriously I'd use my time and energy more efficient than to bother with such trivialities.

People can like and dislike whatever they want.

Other people's opinions don't bother me in the slightest unless wrong facts are brought.

Just let the people talk!

12 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I mean, given you just badmouthed Majora's Mask last page... and I don't give two shits. If I cared what people thought of the games I like then I'd probably have high blood pressure... instead of low.

I completely agree. I just don't want to step on any toes or make people annoyed without realizing it.

9 minutes ago, Caster said:

A game could have the most amazing battle system, it could be the most in-depth, amazing, beautiful game ever, but if it had random encounters there would be people who would refuse to touch it.

Some things are deal breakers for some peeps.

Everyone has stuff they absolutely can not accept

Edited by Shrimperor

^ Ooooooh, that Lys image is new, isn't it.

It's coooooooood!

I don't know how much money I have burnt in games I couldn't get into like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Bravely Defualt and other games.

But how shall I know if a potential interesting game for me will turn good or not unless watching a review...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Some things are deal breakers for some peeps.

I suppose.
It's still my right to free speech to call you dumb for it, though, so get used to it.

16 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

This reminds me on the Xenoblade review by IGN which didn't give a high rating to this game. It didn't bother me at all until I noticed that the reviewers didn't figur out the battle style about the characters and gave wrong review about them as result.

This is the main reason I rarely, if ever, read reviews by news sites.
Actually, I rather like reading the reviews/thoughts people post about games here. I feel much better informed by those than by many news sites.

4 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

But how shall I know if a potential interesting game for me will turn good or not unless watching a review...

You could always just ask someone who's played the game to describe it to you. If you like it from the description, pick it up, if not, leave it.

14 minutes ago, Caster said:

I'm not buying Origami King, nor did I buy Color Splash, because of "one thing that bothered me", it's because I dislike what this series has become and I won't spend money on it if it continues to be this way.

This is Pokémon for me.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Some stuff are deal breakers for people.

For example, I don't care for any modern war settings, or first-person shooters in general. And I know I suck at platformers and fighting games, so I leave those out, as well. I don't really care for horror stuff, either. And there are some series I'm just not too interested in, like Zelda, for example.
Though recently, the game company has also become a factor. I will NEVER touch anything by EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, or Activision-Blizzard. I just refuse to buy any game with their labels on it.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I agree. That's why homebrew has been so amazing for me (which I understand isn't for everyone and that's fine). I've been able to try games that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise for financial reasons and determine whether I liked them or not. In fact, 3DS homebrew is how I got into FE in the first place with Awakening.

It is why I wished more games had demos.
I discovered so many great games through them.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Some stuff are deal breakers for people.

Like a friend of mine on another forum who dislikes any RPG if it's turn-based. It may be something that I can't relate to, since I prefer turn-based (due in part to playing so much FE). But he instead loves action RPGs and is a massive Ys fan, so there's that.

Speaking of Ys, I may have to check it out sometime when I don't have a backlog to burn through.

5 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

^ Ooooooh, that Lys image is new, isn't it.

It's coooooooood!

Oh, thanks.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

This is Pokémon for me.

Same, too, actually.

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I don't know how much money I have burnt in games I couldn't get into like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Bravely Defualt and other games.

Just ask others how they feel about a game. I never rely on reviews for games, tbh.