Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

A protest prohibition would be against the free speech, but the health has a higher priority, so I could see it happen.

Technically, and that's why the police arrested the demonstration organizer on Saturday, even demonstrations have to follow social distancing rules (Mask + disctance.)

We've had other demonstrations for other stuff in berlin in the last few months, but everyone was wearing a mask and numbers didn't rise.

The demonstrations in the weekend ignored every social distancing rule and no one was wearing a mask, so....

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Incest was always part of FE

"Wait it's all incest?" *loads gun* "Always has been".

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

A protest prohibition would be against the free speech, but the health has a higher priority, so I could see it happen.

If the protesters actually wear masks, then protests won't really contribute to Covid case numbers. The United States had BLM protests in all 50 states yet, because everyone who participated wore masks, there was not a spike in cases like people thought there'd be.

Happy to see the Grendizer reference.

Anyway, ah, good way to expand when your character's threat level is high... let the vassals do it. So long it's in a controlled way... which means it's inevitably going to go wrong. Still, with half de jure Yucatan, I already granted the kingdom title to someone who already made use of it to take take Cancun from Peten. Sadly, some aren't as daring, if because they can't do it on their own yet. Northbound expansion has halted as a result... but now I'm making a headway into Central America.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Technically, and that's why the police arrested the demonstration organizer on Saturday, even demonstrations have to follow social distancing rules (Mask + disctance.)

We've had other demonstrations for other stuff in berlin in the last few months, but everyone was wearing a mask and numbers didn't rise.

The demonstrations in the weekend ignored every social distancing rule and no one was wearing a mask, so....

That's why it's in consideration to forbid them for a time period.

People become impatient which is understandable, but they have to recognize that the pandemy won't be over in just a few months.

It will take years, and even if successful a vaccine is out until that, it's by far not said that everyone will be prevented against it at once.

If the protesters actually wear masks, then protests won't really contribute to Covid case numbers. The United States had BLM protests in all 50 states yet, because everyone who participated wore masks, there was not a spike in cases like people thought there'd be.

It's good to hear that for this kind of protest the people cared for each other.

I might overthink here, but I could imagine everyone wearing a mask is also an indirect sign against Trump's loose measures against the pandemy.

Just until a few weeks ago Trump never cared for them and they were not forced for any of his hustings.

Edited by Julian Teehee

12 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

That's why it's in consideration to forbid them for a time period.

Just disallow those that go against social distancing rules.

I don't think Federal Constitutional Court  will allow a general ban like that. Iirc some state courts already went ''nope'' on group bans in some states

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Facts

58 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE6's story is basically Kaga only without the best parts.

FE7's story is Fates' without the worst parts.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

You're definitely not wrong.

1591D62A-46B0-46D1-8A24-2E78584AA25D.png

Edited by Wraith

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just disallow those that go against social distancing rules.

I don't think Federal Constitutional Court  will allow a general ban like that. Iirc some state courts already went ''nope'' on group bans in some states

I think it will only happen if things go out of control.

For now harder restrictions, punishment against breaking the rules and more presence of executive should do it for now.

I just hope this protest has been an one timer and warning shot.

Still whole Europe is in a critical situation right now due to current vacation phase.

Hopefully things will turn out well.

I also would be happy not to hear the word "Corona" in the news anymore, you may believe me!

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

1CWgu28.png

Kind of ironic that she complains about this, considering what happens in CS2 and 3 on an almost constant basis...

Falcom was just seeing the future

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Falcom was just seeing the future

That's the impression I got, as well.

---

One thing I really like about Trails in the Sky (or TitS) is that nobody has engaged in any "OMG THIS PERSON IS SO AWESOME!!! LOOK AT HOW BADASS THIS PERSON IS!!! THIS PERSON IS THE BEST EVAR!!!1!!!eleven!!!one" character wank yet.
CS trilogy was full of that crap, Sky doesn't have any. So far, at least.

Edited by DragonFlames

Today is the 20th anniversary of the Musou genre! 20 years ago, Dynasty Warriors 2, the first Musou game, was released on this day, August 3rd, back in 2000. 

Koei-Tecmo put an anniversary trailer celebrating the entire Dynasty Warriors franchise to its present point.:

Ehhh.... they could've done better with this. Far too much time wasted on transitions from game to game- how they'd get this wrong when Musou is all fast-paced flashy action?

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I honestly think vegans are brave

I wish i could let go of meat like that

Same, it's more humane and more environmentally friendly, but I love meat. That Beyond/Impossible Meat burger stuff doesn't taste the same to me at all in a side by side comparison.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I actually despise most vegetables. Never outgrew my distaste for them outside of a very select few. Same with fruits as well, I only like a few.

I've the same problem; my parents never forced me out of the anti-fruit & veggies habit. My palette has grown a bit, asparagus is good, but I'm still very limited. I trying to like watermelon, but my taste buds are sooooooo ruinously adapted to table sugar, high fructose corn syrup and the ilk, that there is no sweetness in it, only watery with bitterness. Salad is my enemy.

Whats worse, is because ease of preparation, my parents looooong overstayed the serving of those microwaveable bags of steamed carrot cubes, peas, and corn. Converting someone to liking vegetables via those is like trying to convert someone to Christianity via an auto-da-fe.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, I feel like Baten Kaitos' OST is underrated. I mean, the entire duology is but even though I haven't played far into the first game, the soundtrack kinda banged.

I consider it to be Peak Sakuraba myself. Maybe a little stronger in EWatLO, but still great in Origins.

And, Origins has this, available in the ingame sound test from the start of the game I think:

It means "The Wings of Beginning".

Might not be the best, but it has a nice backstory to it. Motoi Sakuraba composed the music, his wife wrote the lyrics in Japanese- which were then translated into Italian-, and his daughter- 9 years old at the time- sang them. A quaint family project.

The lyrics if you want to know:

Spoiler

Italian Lyrics

Con le mani colme di fiori raccolti

li lascio su questo lago

la luce, nel buio, si specchia nell'acqua

e le lune, ecco, son due.

Se offro tanti fiori rosa

alla luna che brilla

inizierà il viaggio.

Sale il vento e il nostro canto,

la luce della luna mi guida, sicura,

verso il prossimo mondo.

Ma anche se cancellerà

tutto di bianco

non ho paura

perché qui sono.

English Translation

With flowers in outstreched hands

I leave petals on this lake

The light, in the darkness, is reflected in the water

and the moons, here, are two

If I offer many pink flowers

to the shining moon,

the journey will start.

Raises the wind and our singing,

the moonlight guides me, safely,

towards the next world.

Even if everything will turn

to white

I'm not afraid,

because I'm here.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

btw @DragonFlames if you do your Quartz Tetris right, you can have pretty strong arts early on😉

Thanks for the hint! ^^

I'm doing pretty good with the level 1 stuff, all things considered. Giving Fire Bolt to Estelle helped greatly, because she can now one-shot those plant things that shoot seeds from a distance. Right now, my main concern is with opening the orbment slots for Estelle and Joshua. Sepith gain is kind of slow in these beginning stages, which is to be expected, of course.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Koei-Tecmo put an anniversary trailer celebrating the entire Dynasty Warriors franchise to its present point

They got beaten at their own game by Marvelous (and also Gust).
DW8XL was a good time, though. And I liked DW8E for the crazy customization you have.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sepith gain is kind of slow in these beginning stages, which is to be expected, of course.

Yeah you are still in the very early game!

Try to priotize unlocking slots and Action/Cast quartz. Also check your Bracer Notebook ;)

49 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

One thing I really like about Trails in the Sky (or TitS) is that nobody has engaged in any "OMG THIS PERSON IS SO AWESOME!!! LOOK AT HOW BADASS THIS PERSON IS!!! THIS PERSON IS THE BEST EVAR!!!1!!!eleven!!!one" character wank yet.

The closest they get to that is with Cassius but Cassius actually doesn't do a whole lot in the Sky trilogy. Most of the time, he's just chillin'.

Crossbell also does it with Arios but again, very tame in comparison to Cold Steel.

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dynasty Warriors 2, the first Musou game

the first Musou

Wait what the fuck was Dynasty Warriors 1 then?

Salad is my enemy.

Saaaaaame. All that unappealing texture and taste mixed into a plate. Ugh.

It means "The Wings of Beginning".

Oh i've heard this one before. Popped up in my recommendations. I like it.

Motoi Sakuraba composed the music, his wife wrote the lyrics in Japanese- which were then translated into Italian-, and his daughter- 9 years old at the time- sang them. A quaint family project.

Aww, that's actually very cute.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sepith gain is kind of slow in these beginning stages, which is to be expected, of course.

There's also no Sepith mass, which means if you ever need to exchange Sepith for money, you'll have to do so with actually valuable Sepith.

Sepith mass is one of the best things Cold Steel did for the series tbh.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

There's also no Sepith mass, which means if you ever need to exchange Sepith for money, you'll have to do so with actually valuable Sepith.

tbf though, you never really need to do so. If you do the quests, you should've enough money. Sell old weapons if you're short on money

When you want to play Team Fortress 2 but you don't have a computer that can play it

But anyway, since I've finished playing Okami and watching that Viva Piñata speedrun, I've decided to replay The Thousand-Year Door. I got up to Chapter 4 the last time I played it, but it's been a while so now I'll start from the beginning.

Lastly, today is Masahiro Sakurai's 50th birthday. Congrats on hitting the big five-oh Sakurai!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tbf though, you never really need to do so. If you do the quests, you should've enough money. Sell old weapons if you're short on money

It's really more of an issue in Sky 3rd specifically since that game has no quests unless you count the Doors. Though i believe one of the Doors gives you a shit ton of money for completeing it.

Other than that, you're right.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah you are still in the very early game!

Try to priotize unlocking slots and Action/Cast quartz. Also check your Bracer Notebook 😉

Will do! Thanks a lot! ^^

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The closest they get to that is with Cassius but Cassius actually doesn't do a whole lot in the Sky trilogy. Most of the time, he's just chillin'.

Crossbell also does it with Arios but again, very tame in comparison to Cold Steel.

That's good, then!
In moderation, I'm fine with it. Hyping up a character can help, but when a game does it so inflationary as CS, it just comes off as utterly ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A Tekken/Street Fighter-style fighting game, afaik

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's usually what I do in every game. No need to hold on to old weapons, really.
Unless I am in NG+ and want to have nearly every item for shits and giggles.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

A PS1 weapon-based 3D fighting game, akin to SoulCalibur, featuring characters from the Three Kingdoms period of Chinese history ("Sangoku" in Japanese). The international numbering of the franchise is actually 1 ahead of the Japanese. The latest, Dynasty Warriors 9, is 8 in Japan.

DW1 in Japan is Sangoku Musou (sometimes merged into one word; don't confuse it with Sengoku Musou- Samurai Warriors). Dynasty Warriors 2 is Shin Sangoku Musou. Think "Super Dynasty Warriors". Internationally there was no change to reflect this. 

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shin Sangoku Musou.

Of note is that whenever you get 1,000 kills with a character in/from DW, they will namedrop the series.

"Watashi koso wa shin no sangoku musou da!", which is translated to "I am a true Warrior of the Three Kingdoms!" in the localizations.

It is also worth noting that "musou" translates to "unparalleled" or "unmatched", so the phrase used by characters outside of Dynasty Warriors (say, Samurai Warriors characters or some of the characters not from DW in Warriors All-Stars), is instead "tenka musou (something, something)" instead, which means (roughly) "unmatched beneath the heavens".

So when you hear, say, Plachta in Warriors All-Stars say "Renkinjutsu no chikara wa tenka musou", then she says "The power of alchemy is unmatched beneath the heavens".

Draggy weeb mode: Off

Edited by DragonFlames

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

A Tekken/Street Fighter-style fighting game, afaik

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A PS1 weapon-based 3D fighting game, akin to SoulCalibur, featuring characters from the Three Kingdoms period of Chinese history ("Sangoku" in Japanese). The international numbering of the franchise is actually 1 ahead of the Japanese. The latest, Dynasty Warriors 9, is 8 in Japan.

I'm surprised it went from that to what it is now but i guess such drastic changes in a series isn't unprecedented. You have the Shining series, which started off as an SRPG before becoming something else before becoming a 3D ARPG.

Less drastic is Ys which has always been an ARPG but how it's done has changed. It started off as having the player literally ram into enemies to attack (think Pegasus Boots in 2D Zelda but always on but you aren't going at lightspeed) before becoming generally more Zelda-like to finally being full-on 3D ARPG.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Less drastic is Ys which has always been an ARPG but how it's done has changed. It started off as having the player literally ram into enemies to attack (think Pegasus Boots in 2D Zelda but always on but you aren't going at lightspeed) before becoming generally more Zelda-like to finally being full-on 3D ARPG.

There's also a 2D game. The original Ys 3 is a 2D game ala Zelda 2.

Thankfully the remakes are much better.

That's why we're waiting for Ys 5 remake...

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It is also worth noting that "Musou" translates to "unparalleled" or "unmatched", so the phrase used by characters outside of Dynasty Warriors (say, Samurai Warriors characters or some of the characters not from DW in Warriors All-Stars), will say the phrase "Tenka Musou (something, something)" instead, which means (roughly) "unmatched beneath the heavens".

I remember that the Ronin class in Etrian Odyssey I & II have "Peerless Stance" as their best stance technique as well. Gotta be a use of musou there.

42 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I've decided to replay The Thousand-Year Door. I got up to Chapter 4 the last time I played it, but it's been a while so now I'll start from the beginning.

Have fun!

My favorite chapter is... I'm not sure, but I might pick one of two opposite extremes: 3 or 6. Favorite partner... Vivian, Yoshi and Ms. Mowz are all charming characters to me. For the original Paper Mario, Chapter 6 might be my favorite, and either Lady Bow or Lakilester for the partner (again, as characters, in gameplay I'll use whoever).

Just now, Armagon said:

You have the Shining series, which started off as an SRPG before becoming something else before becoming a 3D ARPG.

The first Shining game is actually "Shining in the Darkness", an old dungeon crawler RPG. 

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm surprised it went from that to what it is now but i guess such drastic changes in a series isn't unprecedented.

According to Koei Wiki:

"Before the first game was conceived, Omega Force members were originally planning on making a brand new action game completely unrelated to history. However, since many of Koei's employees are fans of the Three Kingdoms era, the concept of a Three Kingdoms action game was unconsciously made by the team. There were talks over whether they should develop the game in-house or pitch to another developer, but Omega Force won out.

When the developers wanted to port the fighting game to the PlayStation 2, they had second thoughts due to the fighting game boom at the time. To make themselves stand out, they envisioned a battlefield scenario and focused on the prospect of the player working with a team to fight against several opponents at once. After they decided to incorporate more elements from the Three Kingdoms era, it eventually became the hack-and-slash hit that it's known for today.

Though listed under the action game genre, creators strove to make the series a "fusion of real time strategy and action". Eventually, the series's appeal was allowing the player to be a "one man army" versus the thousands of enemies in ancient China. Kou Shibusawa states that it was his personal desire to capture the excitement and thrill felt by the events in the novel. The series started its own type of genre."