• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Caster said:

Stamp253.png

I have no issues with Arnice "winning" a poll (even though it's not really about winning or losing, anyhow), but I do take issues when said "victory", however meaningless, is rigged somehow.

As much as Origami King sounds like a good experience, if I want Zelda gameplay, I'll play Zelda. Paper Mario as an adventure game rather than an RPG just bores me. It's why I never finished Sticker Star (my first PM) or Color Splash.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I have another suggestion on how to run this:

Everyone suggests 1 or 2 characters, then we put them in Tournament style brackets, where matchups each round are decided by RNG. Each round lasts 24 hours

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I have another suggestion on how to run this:

Everyone suggests 1 or 2 characters, then we put them in Tournament style brackets, where matchups each round are decided by RNG. Each round lasts 24 hours

So I start a poll after everyone has given their submission (two characters)?

Would work for me if I am here every day.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

As much as Origami King sounds like a good experience, if I want Zelda gameplay, I'll play Zelda. Paper Mario as an adventure game rather than an RPG just bores me. It's why I never finished Sticker Star (my first PM) or Color Splash.

Sticker Star is fucking trash, don't worry about it, I beat it, so I can say that.

Just now, Julian Teehee said:

So I start a poll after everyone has given their submission (two characters)?

yeah

afaik Serenes also allows multipe polls, so...

Just now, Caster said:

Sticker Star is fucking trash, don't worry about it, I beat it, so I can say that.

Armagon and Caster need to face off in final destination no items

1 minute ago, Caster said:

Tbh, I see Sticker Star and Color Splash like I do FE Fates. On their own, they're fine games. But when compared to the other games in the series, they just can't measure up for most fans.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

On their own, they're fine games. But when compared to the other games in the series

NGL i hate it when people do this

''It's a bad x game but a good game actually''

And they only say that because they are fans of ''x'' series.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

And they only say that because they are fans of ''x'' series.

Yeah, but I'm not a Paper Mario fan. If anything, Paper Mario is a series that I have little to no interest in because of my experiences with both SS and CS.

At the urging of a friend, I played The Thousand Year Door way back when. It was a fun little game, though I don't really care for the Mario franchise all that much (the characters just don't really appeal to me, tbh), so that has remained my only venture into the Paper Mario series.
So I have no horse in this race and why am I even talking about this?

---

Anyway, that "tournament" poll thing seems like a neat idea. I'm all for it!
I just know that the two characters I'd suggest won't make it past the first round, because literally nobody besides me on this forum even knows who they are.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Anyway, that "tournament" poll thing seems like a neat idea. I'm all for it!
I just know that the two characters I'd suggest won't make it past the first round, because literally nobody besides me on this forum even knows who they are.

Hm, well, spit it out then.

---

Yeah... not touching that poll...

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*rivalry with Castko +1000*

Screenshot_2470.png?width=1013&height=431

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Seems you had fun though, which is the most important thing 😉

Indeed.

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Paper Mario as an adventure game rather than an RPG just bores me. It's why I never finished Sticker Star (my first PM) or Color Splash.

Can't say for Color Splash but i would not consider Sticker Star as an adventure game.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Armagon and Caster need to face off in final destination no items

Like i said in my Origami King review, i recently replayed Sticker Star and saw how bad it was, so we agree on that point.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

NGL i hate it when people do this

''It's a bad x game but a good game actually''

THANK YOU!

It's like my least favorite argument when it comes to discussion of media. Not only is it paradoxical in nature but it suggests that things must follow the franchise formula and it shouldn't try to be it's own thing. I can understand not liking it when something tries to be it's own thing. You could be like "oh i don't think it did this well" or something but if you say it's good but it's also not because it's too different from the rest of the franchise, then that's just a paradox.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm, well, spit it out then.

Arnice and Hinako from Nights of Azure and Blue Reflection, respectively.

In DQV, I finally got Nera back.
Good lord that took a while. And she's completely underlevelled, too. I mean, 10 years in stone does that to you, but still. I see myself grinding away for her already.
At least I managed to acquire a semi-decent weapon for her in form of the Faerie Foil (that T 'n' T Board stuff seems like a fun minigame, but I'll leave it at this one try), so who knows? Maybe she'll be able to contribute sooner than I'd expect her to.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

THANK YOU!

It's like my least favorite argument when it comes to discussion of media. Not only is it paradoxical in nature but it suggests that things must follow the franchise formula and it shouldn't try to be it's own thing. I can understand not liking it when something tries to be it's own thing. You could be like "oh i don't think it did this well" or something but if you say it's good but it's also not because it's too different from the rest of the franchise, then that's just a paradox.

It's also very disrespectful to other series. Like no matter how good other series are they can never be good as ''x'' series. Or that's the implication anyway.

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Submit your two most favorites.

I submit Estelle and Nep