Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah, i see. Thank you.

npnp

There are some other changes as well, that make loc Tellius games much better than jp

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

JieCIvW.png

what xD

Man, me recording those Trails battles makes me wanna go play Trails again...

why did the series have to end at Ao...

But man, Laura's ancient Grandma is sure easy when compared to the equivalent battles in Sky xD

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Because you guys dismantled my foolproof method on how to easily identify a villain.

Forgive us.

Anyways back to your regularly scheduled Godzilla shilling hour

76366276_p0.jpg

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76366276

75602486_p0.jpg

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75602486

There is a typo in both of these why

45262676_p0.jpg

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/45262676

75214193_p0.jpg

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75214193

58279014_p0.jpg

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/58279014

Happy Birthday to one of the best gaming protags!

I didn't even know Trails characters had birthdays. I saw this on reddit a few minutes ago on the Falcom subreddit. Is this actually canon?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Armagon you can't directly link to pixiv images, they don't load

Ah shit, really? They load on my end.

Ah well, i always make sure to include the links directly to the source anyway.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i think so yes. They never celebrate it ingame though xD

That's interesting actually, although a bit strange to even have it be canon if it's never mentioned.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ok so Pixiv images will load on PC but not on mobile. Got it.

I have the same issue on mobile regardless of where I link the images from. It's annoying for when I can't get to my laptop.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I have the same issue on mobile regardless of where I link the images from. It's annoying for when I can't get to my laptop.

Pain.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

LMAO

Also i love how everyone has their corresponding portraits and then Randy just has a girl in a swimsuit. True to character.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They only load for the one who opened them/visited source

I see. Guess i'll just upload the images to Discord and then copy the links from there.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Soon.

Jokes aside, physical copies are expensive though so i understand not having it.

I'll get it someday for sure, that's a promise! 

How much is "expensive" anyway?

And the power outage is finally over, I think, for now.

I wasn’t expecting it to take days to repair, I thought it’d require a few hours, three or five maybe. It was only a tropical storm and it wasn’t a daylong event, it temporarily cleared up into a dry, windless, sunny day at points. From what I overheard, the rest of the town had very splotchy outages, a gas station a seven-minute drive away never lost power.

In the grand scheme of it, a few days without electricity and WiFi is a trifle, a joke, there is far worse weather and life in general can do. I had in the past decade gone through an outage lasting ten days, which had incorrectly and blissfully receded in my mind to being only three. And that came with a much shorter running water malfunction and several large fallen trees in my enormous front yard too. It was following that hurricane, that my family purchased a generator, which we used through this blackout to keep a light, a standing fan, and the freezer and fridge running, as well as recharge portable devices.

But, this by comparison transient, lack of electricity was still very annoying for modern sensibilities and habits. A day in the era of COVID is already usually an emptier than usual one, no Internet either makes it more of a husk than a Shedinja. I was agonizingly bored,

202px-HWDE_Ghirahim_Portrait_3.png?versi

...waiting again and again for the next fifteen minutes to pass and power to magically come back online at just the right moment. That never came, and I, unserious, cursed the utility company as incompetent, although it seems they didn’t start repairs until the day after the storm had passed. I didn’t find out any real estimate of when things would be restored until the second night, had I known sooner, I would’ve been a bit less irritated.

I actually got power back on Thursday around 4:45 PM, ahead of schedule, yay! But I didn’t return to SF then because I while I did surf the web once more, I was too tired to post anything and went to bed very early (and I’m still tired). I had slept through the dark nights without air conditioning, laying on the top of my bed to avoid overheating more than I already was, thankfully the outside air was relatively cool and opening the windows helped. The rest of the house was more humid, and sleeping outside on a lounge chair would've meant waking up unrecognizable with mosquito bites.

Then came this morning, some rain and thunderstorms, but nothing significant. Nonetheless,  electricity receded again at 7:53 AM, despite the weather being so ordinary that it had no excuse to falter. Initially, it was a “3/4ths outage” in that WiFi and TV were disabled, but some lights continued to function, albeit dimmed after two seconds of total blackout. It reverted to a total absence of power within like two hours of its start, and lasted until about 2:50 PM. Why this happened, I do not know, and who knows, maybe it’ll happen again. Relatives living ten minutes away experienced the flicker of power loss, but not anything more than that.

Apparently, Isaiah took down 90% of the power in my county, albeit all but about 10% of it was restored in one day. And they called in over a thousand utility workers from elsewhere to assist with the rest of it. Why my non-coastal, very white and suburban town took so long to recover from what was not even a hurricane and had that momentary relapse for me today? From I’ve heard others say, without investigation on my own, there are two reasons:

1. An antiquated power grid in the area, old to the point of replacement parts being hard to come by because they don’t make them anymore. Funds allocated to upgrade the grid were used for other things. The usual government mismanagement when it comes to maintaining public infrastructure.
  2. My town has a profound appreciation for the sublime natural-unnatural artistic juxtaposition of trees caressing power lines.

And it seems slices of my town may not be back to normal still. Or nearby ones.

As the saying goes, "You don't know the value of water until the well is dry". Be thankful for the modern necessities you take for granted that humanity has wrought in its most recent times through great effort.