• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

How can a song be so good that I listened to it dozens of times and still keep listening to it? Because this song caused me to do that.

I really need to finish RD soon before getting into Sky SC. I can't wait to continue with the second chapter.

Edited by twilitfalchion

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Halfway on my download! No 99+ hours this time, everyone. I got lucky, only 12 this time.

Here's hopin' it stays that way!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How can a song be so good that I listened to it dozens of times and still keep listening to it?

Literally me with Lucia.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nani the f***?

*shrugs in confusion*

I honestly have no idea. It's just weird. Saw it mentioned on the Switch reddit.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

*shrugs in confusion*

I honestly have no idea. It's just weird. Saw it mentioned on the Switch reddit.

Huh.
Odd.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Probably not, but we can hope! Thank you for that, I appreciate it!

^^

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Halfway on my download! No 99+ hours this time, everyone. I got lucky, only 12 this time.

"Only 12 hours" he said.

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Strangest game title I think I've ever heard:

"Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Familia Myth Infinite Combate"

*Light Novels intensify*

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Never read one before, but I have heard some very long and very weird titles for them before.

I remember reading that the reason why there's a lot of long and weird names is because the LN market is extremely oversaturated and a lot of them can have very similar premises. This means that authors have to get very specific with the names in order to make them stand out sometimes.

Just now, Armagon said:

I remember reading that the reason why there's a lot of long and weird names is because the LN market is extremely oversaturated and a lot of them can have very similar premises. This means that authors have to get very specific with the names in order to make them stand out sometimes.

Hm. That's really interesting actually. Makes sense.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

but that the most prominent members of the main cast was just annoying, unlikeable, or both (the only exceptions being Yukiko and Kanji).

Annoying characters... I think it varies from person to person, so I can't say if characters who didn't annoy me would annoy you. Though, going off of memory:

• There is Kaph in LA2, an old man who runs a witch tabloid magazine and his flavor class is literally "Witch Otaku", and also a rather lousy unit so you'll never feel like you have to use him. Ignore him and LA2's cast is fine to me. Kaph's LA1 equivalent on witch-obsession is Nikolai, but I don't remember him being pervy at all, more purely a hopeless romantic.
  • If you dislike shotas merely for existing, Theo and Pip in 1 and 2 respectively may bother you. 
  • There is a tsundere in LA2, if that trope you find loathsome. I'm not sure if LA1 had a tsundere, Lucia the main witch would be the closest to one I think, but she lacks one visual trait I've come to associate with the trope.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm gonna be the bad guy and say that Nia isnt my favorite. 🙂

I think I'll throw her in second to Mythra myself. Of the story females, I'll go Mythra, Nia, Brighid, Morag, Pandoria, Poppi, Pyra. I want to elevate Morag and Brighid higher, but I must concede to Nia's stronger development. I am factoring in Torna for Mythra and Brighid.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm watching a livestream of Xenoblade 2 with JP voices right now. I know i'm biased, but God, JP Rex and Nia sound so unnatrual to me. Not hearing Rex and Nia with their accents is sending my brain into the shadowrealm.

I can understand. XCX is the only Xenoblade without a Japanese VA option (or did Torna lack one? I forget, but I think I remember XC1 original had it), but I likely wouldn't use ever use Japanese VAs if it did. I remember Elma's Japanese VA from one of the early pre-release trailers, it is too soft for her, and there was a shout by Ga Buidhe in there too, it was too high-pitched.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I'll throw her in second to Mythra myself. Of the story females, I'll go Mythra, Nia, Brighid, Morag, Pandoria, Poppi, Pyra. I want to elevate Morag and Brighid higher, but I must concede to Nia's stronger development. I am factoring in Torna for Mythra and Brighid.

Alright, that's two for Mythra! Oh, I wasn't counting Torna, though.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

For me, that's not bad at all! It will be done by tomorrow morning.... I'm pretty sure!

Man, i can't imagine a download taking 12 hours, let alone 99.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is Kaph in LA2, an old man who runs a witch tabloid magazine and his flavor class is literally "Witch Otaku", and also a rather lousy unit so you'll never feel like you have to use him. 

Oh God, it's Barry.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My list is: Mythra > Poppi > Nia > Brighid > Pyra > Pandoria > Morag.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can understand. XCX is the only Xenoblade without a Japanese VA option (or did Torna lack one? I forget, but I think I remember XC1 original had it), but I likely wouldn't use ever use Japanese VAs if it did.

I think Torna, if you got it through the Season Pass, had the option if you downloaded the optional voice pack. If you got it physically, it may already come in. I think.

Well, since it doesn't look like DragonFlames will play the postgame, then I'll continue without the spoiler tags now.

... OMG, I DID IT, I DID IT, I FINALLY BEAT THE STARK RAVIN' MAD BOARD!

Phew, it was a close one, I only had four rolls left. Things got dire when I fell in the third to last trapdoor. The last segment is a square with trapdoors in three corners. They don't sent you out of the board, but heading back to the square will waste rolls, though there are a few extra rolls tiles... if lucky to fall in one of those. The worst part is that since it's not in a dead end then overshooting the Finish tile will force you to go around the square again. Not good by my situation... but I got the roll I needed! YES.

So, what is the grand prize for beating the last T 'n' T board? None other than a monster recruit: Starkers. The son of Estark apparently. Well, this little fella... is certainly good. Starts at level 1, but with good stats already. I think I may use him instead to beat up his dad... though depends on how long it'd take to level him up to become even better. That's not all, however. Next comes a stop at the Pothold to pick up another monster recruit unlocked just now: none other than Bjørn! Well, a MUCH downsized version of him... and not as strong as he was in his boss battle. Expected, really, but still. Now calling himself Rebjørn, he's also very good. Second to none but Starkers. Though he also needs to level up. Might also use him too.

Well, now only thing left is to beat Estark within 15 turns. However, preparations will be a long road ahead, which still start... next time.

ø

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Man, i can't imagine a download taking 12 hours, let alone 99.

I seem to manage. 

Also, it actually finished earlier than expected, so I started a half hour ago.

I kept forgetting to mention, but now that I'm in the Nordic section of AoM's campaign, I find it amusing seeing the stuff FE took references from.

Among the minor god patrons the Norse have include the likes of Baldr, Bragi, and Forseti. And Reginleif the Valkyrie shows up to help the heroes. There's probably some other things I'm not remembering right now, but still, it's amusing to see nonetheless.

Attempt #2 to my cousin was a success despite little delay (again).

The two kids were too handsome. 

I could play with his older daughter (four years) with some Lego I bought for her.

She was so excited and motivated, hehe.

Also loved her line I'm intelligent.

It's not lacking on self conciousness for her age.

Afternoon we all spend some time in their swimming pool.

I mean they have a total different lifestyle than myself, everything was so modern that I was almost overwhelmed by its technology.

Their car was something from a different world.

My cousin shouted at me when I closed the door with my hands because they are openend automatically with a remote.

Not I really want and need something like this...

After all it was a wonderful day.

Only back travel was a pain again since I had to reorganize due to missed connections.

Ended up being home at 9:15 PM which means I was out for 14 and a half our.

Cousin asked me to come again on Sunday, but I will have to decline politely since I don't want to stress myself with using public transport again, much less at 35 °C.

I will have a relaxing weekend on a lake.

Also could someone else like @Shrimperor run this competition, please?

Whilst the heat I don't plan to hang around in my overheated room, so I'll have no internet availibility.

If I have to do something like updating the OP or adding a poll, then let me know!

Edited by Julian Teehee