• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Only because you never read VN and all anime adaptions adapted Illya badly ๐Ÿ˜›

She got shafted in all of them

Regular Illya never did any Nepgya-level funny faces, though, so she wins. XD

That is sad.
She's still one of my favorite characters from the OG-verse, though.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

The whole thing us just a Trails vs. Xenoย  proxy war xD

But yeah, either FE or Xeno girl will get this, i think. Especially since Trails girls are getting eleminated fast xD

Xeno girls FTW!

ย 

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Y'all need to play Nights of Azure 2. Waifus for everyone!

7ca4d4dd-06a9-46e0-8c95-89e7d9d65622._SR

Koei Tecmo worked on the game, right? I can see where the art style for the characters kind of crosses over with their work on 3H.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same. And it makes the world feel more real than you being the only one looking for love in town, that smells harem-y.

As I read, they ditched the concept in Story of Seasons because male players got angry at the NPC bachelors for trying to stealย their would-be spouse ("Get a life you incel!" I'd shout at them for being infuriated over pixels), and female players felt unworthy for the love of who they wantedย compared to the rival.

Of course, there are two ways to address this, the first is to give the rivals cold feet until they ask you "I've had been having feelings towards X, should I confess to them?" and you answer "yes". The second is easier-ย an "off"ย switch in the options menu that keeps rival marriages from happening and maybe pre-marriage rival love events too.

I wasn't even thinking in regards to having the other characters potentially steal your would be spouse (or you steal theirs), i just meant the basic concept of everyone gets married. But yeah, those are good suggestions.

I'd also like it if we still get to play as our starting character. I know Rune Factory 2 has you play as the kid for the second gen but that might be a little jarring personally so i'd prefer it if you still play as who you started with and you get events with the townsfolk and their children.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

And, if you want to put the effort in, you can actually be dating everyone at once. Not my kind of thing, but yeah. It's there.

In the end though, you can still only marry one person and once you do, the rest of your harem would jarringly go back to being just friends as if nothing ever happened.

I've never done this myself if only because i've read it's actually pretty difficult to date more than one person and it gets harder the more you add to your harem and also it wouldn't sit right with me.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

MH0512_gegrillte_shrimps_800x462_stephen

Live picture of me outside

Same.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright I'm starting over in Xenoblade Chronicles X. My 250 hour file is being overwritten. I'm going to miss it!ย ๐Ÿ˜ช

I'm two hours late but could you not just make a new user? Xenoblade X is one save per user.

36 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Koei Tecmo worked on the game, right? I can see where the art style for the characters kind of crosses over with their work on 3H.

Gust did. Koei Tecmo does develop games of their own and help out with othersย but they are primarily publishers.ย 

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

In the end though, you can still only marry one person and once you do, the rest of your harem would jarringly go back to being just friends as if nothing ever happened.

I've never done this myself if only because i've read it's actually pretty difficult to date more than one person and it gets harder the more you add to your harem.

Exactly. I guess Marvelous wanted to throw a mini harem simulator for the fun of it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Gust did. Koei Tecmo does develop games of their own and help out with othersย but they are primarily publishers.ย 

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm two hours late but could you not just make a new user? Xenoblade X is one save per user.

...say what?

.......SAY WHAT!?ย 

wow, If that's true, that sucks... alot.

Oh well, to late to turn back now!

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...say what?

.......SAY WHAT!?ย 

tenor_7.gif

I'm so sorry man. I thought you knew because that's how most Nintendo games have been operating since the Wii U era.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wasn't the FE16 Artist an otome artist?

I have no idea.ย 

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I see, I see.
I like that you can start out as a female character in RF4 if you want to.

It was about time, it's not like men really needed that many romance options in every prior game. (RF2 would be slightlyย tricky to implement with a female option I concede.)

Although, I can visualize the audience they were initially expecting with Rune Factoryย as being male-dominated in the JRPG/isekai/dating sim/young adult light novel/anime-consumingย mold.

To look at theย Story of Seasons ancestor, they did start on female versions as early as 2000, with Harvest Moon 3 GBCย and the Japan-only "For Girls" version of Back to Nature. But ignoring HM3GBC, it took until Magical Melody in 2005 for them to begin packing the male and female options in the same game.

And as for where I hope RF5 goes in terms of relationships, the remake of Back to Nature-ย SoS: Friends of Mineral Town- addedย the "Best Friends" ceremony once used in the Japanese version ofย HMDS Cute:

Screen-Shot-2019-10-23-at-9-42-27-AM.png

"Best Friends?" Sure, tell Grandma thats what Aunt Popuri in relationย to theย woman whose house she lives in, Granny has aย fragile heart you know.:rolleyes:

Marvelous let localizers do as they wish, and so...

Spoiler

108959454_10213647414898971_602613637129110336517_10213647415258980_535867052767

...North America dropped the lie and called it what is, romance andย marriage. T'would be aย veryย nice thing for RF5ย to up the inclusivity with this, FE's been slowly expanding it on too after all,ย but I won't spew venom if the game doesn't have it.

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I wasn't even thinking in regards to having the other characters potentially steal your would be spouse (or you steal theirs), i just meant the basic concept of everyone gets married. But yeah, those are good suggestions.

I didn't mean literally stealing them at the altar the way you can in RF2, or anything like that. (Here is a video of the RF2 altar stealing, it's basically generic and the same with every couple.):

Spoiler

They traded vows and a kiss earlier in the video, so technicallyย you're divorcing the two/being bigamous.

But the way rival marriage has worked in the past, is that if you don't wed someone by a certain date, the rival will propose to them first, and I believe in the SoS games with it, you may have had to have viewed all the rival events leading up to that particular marriage as well. I wouldn't know, but maybe some people were bothered by the chance of losing out on their beloved, which they in their anger would call "theft" -thats what I meant. But if you're really devotedlyย pursuing a potential spouse, what's the chance that would actually happen?

If they chose to do a little plot point where the entire town has to combine in thoughts and prayers and that usual JRPG/anime junk, it'd be better if everyone was in a relationship. It's not just you and a ~half-dozen people who think you're hot that are the source of the Power of Young Love and Friendship, it'd feel more communal this way and sincerelyย for the better.

ย 

58 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...say what?

.......SAY WHAT!?ย 

Oh well, to late to turn back now!

My sympathies.ย ๐Ÿ™‚ย I feared I'd have to do that, until I learned otherwise.

ย 

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wasn't the FE16 Artist an otome artist?

She did do this for what I think was a gatcha Otome (Otome Yusha):

resize_image.thumb.jpg.e9650ab29f394b05b61a27168885f61c62395beb99ac5ca7a.jpg.fe0

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Julian Teeheeย World record hype!

Wasn't that bad, although i think a power up that wasn't used only for damage boost would've been cool.

@twilitfalchionย I played your first level, the ice one. The first half was quite good & standard mario, the 2nd half was a bit confusing though. Especially with door key below the check point.

And the Bowser Jr. fight was jank and i just skipped it by taking the key from the pipe above the start.

Some indicators would've been nice.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@twilitfalchionย I played your first level, the ice one. The first half was quite good & standard mario, the 2nd half was a bit confusing though. Especially with door key below the check point.

And the Bowser Jr. fight was jank and i just skipped it by taking the key from the pipe above the start.

Some indicators would've been nice.

Thanks for playing it even though I'm crap at making levels.

It's been so long, I had forgotten about the ones I did make. I played a lot of them back when the game came out but only made a few. I'm not surprised if there's some really bad design there xD.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Marvelous let localizers do as they wish, and so...

ย  Reveal hidden contents

108959454_10213647414898971_602613637129110336517_10213647415258980_535867052767

...North America dropped the lie and called it what is, romance andย marriage. T'would be aย veryย nice thing for RF5ย to up the inclusivity with this, FE's been slowly expanding it on too after all,ย but I won't spew venom if the game doesn't have it.

That wordplay, pft, ahahaha...

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't mean literally stealing them at the altar the way you can in RF2, or anything like that. (Here is a video of the RF2 altar stealing, it's basically generic and the same with every couple.):

ย  Reveal hidden contents

They traded vows and a kiss earlier in the video, so technicallyย you're divorcing the two/being bigamous.

But the way rival marriage has worked in the past, is that if you don't wed someone by a certain date, the rival will propose to them first, and I believe in the SoS games with it, you may have had to have viewed all the rival events leading up to that particular marriage as well. I wouldn't know, but maybe some people were bothered by the chance of losing out on their beloved, which they in their anger would call "theft" -thats what I meant. But if you're really devotedlyย pursuing a potential spouse, what's the chance that would actually happen?

If they chose to do a little plot point where the entire town has to combine in thoughts and prayers and that usual JRPG/anime junk, it'd be better if everyone was in a relationship. It's not just you and a ~half-dozen people who think you're hot that are the source of the Power of Young Love and Friendship, it'd feel more communal this way and sincerelyย for the better.

Oh man, I just remembered how precisely in Mineral Town you could get rid of one of the rivals (Kliff), as he'd leave the town forever unless you choseย him to help with the autumn harvest at the winery. That was an interesting thing to do if you didn't wanted to be on the constant vigilance of avoid triggering the rival events of the person you wanted to marry.

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Unbenannt.PNG

Uh... what? XD

59 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Exactly. I guess Marvelous wanted to throw a mini harem simulator for the fun of it.

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star says hi. XD
Marvelous worked on that one, too. And the true ending is basically a harem ending.
Which is... eeeh.

Not a fan, tbh.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Gust are the minds behind the Atelier games, as well as Blue Reflection.
Currently one of my favorite developers, though I've been wary of KT lately due to some less than savory stuff they pulled (like 1,000+ dollar worth of DLC for a single game or severely overpriced Season Passes for Atelier Ryza and, sadly, also Blue Reflection).

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...North America dropped the lie and called it what is, romance andย marriage. T'would be aย veryย nice thing for RF5ย to up the inclusivity with this, FE's been slowly expanding it on too after all,

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, honestly.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One thing I had forgotten was how good the original opening theme to Rune Factory 4 was. The new one isn't bad, I just like the old one better.

Beautiful!

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've been posting a lot about RF lately, haven't I?

And this is bad why? ๐Ÿ™‚

---

Meanwhie, I've been continuing my playthrough of Nights of Azure.
I am now in the Interlude of Chapter 1, chasing after the black cat who ran off after eating Lilysse's favorite ring.
I found two items to summon new Servans with, but since my challenge mandates that I only use the Servan the game "forces" on you (three you get for free, one as part of the tutorial for the Actualization ritual), I'll probably just sell these.
Although I could use them to strengthen my current Servans' stats.

Also, at the end of each main chapter, you unlock a "Reminiscence", which is essentially an in-game novel that tells you more details about the backstory of Arnice.
If you're interested, the spoiler below has the first part of it (it's nine screenshots, so it's not too long):

Spoiler

ASxDswi.jpg6jWm5tU.jpgEwfGELL.jpgtyNcx0P.jpgCS8e0uY.jpgGpN3j2v.jpgkYArTli.jpgV8YuUXa.jpgmic2HCH.jpg

ย 

Hmm... decisions, decisions. I'm torn between starting a Skyward Sword Hard Mode file because I've been wanting to play HM for a long time and I love skyward sword so much,ย but a good ending RD run also sounds enticing...

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star says hi. XD
Marvelous worked on that one, too. And the true ending is basically a harem ending.
Which is... eeeh.

Not a fan, tbh.

Oof, harem can be funny in very specific situations, but most times I find it to be in poor taste.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Gust are the minds behind the Atelier games, as well as Blue Reflection.

I knew I recognized that dev name.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

like 1,000+ dollar worth of DLC for a single game

WTH?

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Beautiful!

That harmony in the beginning...just๐Ÿ‘Œ

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And this is bad why? ๐Ÿ™‚

Because I don't want to annoy people by talking excessively about something. I'm probably concerned for no good reason though.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

good ending RD run also sounds enticing...

RD has a good ending?