• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

On a side note, I attempted a level 260 arena battle in Megadimension Neptunia, and I lost. 

I'm level 160 currently, and I probably would have won were I not so foolish. 

Good job, brain! You lost me that fight!

HOLY--
I wouldn't have even attempted that, to be honest.

---

Meanwhile, I tried getting into Ys VIII again with the controls changed.
Success was minimal, I'm afraid. Guess I'm just too dumb for it or something.

In other other news, I then went back to NoA (same console, after all), and unlocked the Arena, where you can practice combat in various challenges, some of which are actually really hard to gain the highest possible rating on (or I'm just too dumb for that, as well. Who knows?)
Anyway, this will always get me:
IZeYYYo.jpg
Watch her size and Arnice' in comparison to the area she wants to clean... Yeah, good luck with that, Lilysse. XD

I then went ahead and advanced to Chapter 2, where you visit the Fender Wood Amusement Park for the first time. Arnice is level 2, my Servans have reached level 3. I want to do the same for Arnice before attempting to fight the next boss, since level 3 unlocks daytime activities, which is a decent source of skill points.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

HOLY--
I wouldn't have even attempted that, to be honest.

I just like to see how far I can really push myself. I probably won't try it again since it took about 50 minutes to get one enemy down to less than half HP.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I just like to see how far I can really push myself. I probably won't try it again since it took about 50 minutes to get one enemy down to less than half HP.

Oh boy...
That is my one gripe with the DLC Colosseum battles. They take... a while. Especially the Dark CPU EX fights. Prepare for a long run against those.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Oh boy...
That is my one gripe with the DLC Colosseum battles. They take... a while. Especially the Dark CPU EX fights. Prepare for a long run against those.

Oof, although i'm not sure how far i'll make it, but i'll try!

The problem with fighting enemies that are 40 levels above you or something in MegaNep is that you tend to miss aloooooot

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

From the heat Shrimp-Kun, from the heat!

Lucky you!

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Meanwhile, I tried getting into Ys VIII again with the controls changed.
Success was minimal, I'm afraid. Guess I'm just too dumb for it or something.

F

But yeah, it happens sometimes. Not every game 'clicks' with everyone, so to say

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The problem with fighting enemies that are 40 levels above you or something in MegaNep is that you tend to miss aloooooot

Yeah, attempting it isn't the best idea, but I like to gauge my abilities as well. See what I can really handle, y'know?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Oof, although i'm not sure how far i'll make it, but i'll try!

I wish you good luck!
For the record, I haven't beaten the Colosseum yet, either. I got stuck on Dark Orange EX, which is a level 760 fight, I believe.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The problem with fighting enemies that are 40 levels above you or something in MegaNep is that you tend to mess aloooooot

Yep.
That, and enemies have a crapton of HP at those levels and some of them even heal themselves.
All you can do in that situation is make sure you get a guaranteed crit from the Combo Traits system. If you do that, you don't miss anymore.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

F

But yeah, it happens sometimes. Not every game 'clicks' with everyone, so to say

I'm sorry...

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wish you good luck!
For the record, I haven't beaten the Colosseum yet, either. I got stuck on Dark Orange EX, which is a level 760 fight, I believe.

That, and enemies have a crapton of HP at those levels and some of them even heal themselves.
All you can do in that situation is make sure you get a guaranteed crit from the Combo Traits system. If you do that, you don't miss anymore.

Thank you!

A lot of HP is the sign of a difficult boss fight!

Random-ass question, but how many 3DS games have their own AR cards associated with them? The only ones I can remember are Kid Icarus Uprising (which I never got the cards for cuz I bought my copy preowned rip), Project Mirai DX (not sure if Mirai 1 or Mirai 2 have them since Mirai 1 and 2 were never released outside of Japan), and both Bravely Default games.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Til!

It took a while for me to learn this, as well, to be fair.

But it makes battles a lot easier if you select your Combo Traits well.
For example, you have your first attack that 100% has no Combo Trait, so if you then select an attack that has "Previous attack has no Combo Trait", you get a guaranteed crit.
This is what I really love about MegaNep VII's combat. It makes you think about which attack to chain into instead of just mashing buttons (although for regular fights, you can get by with just that, unless you're really REALLY underlevelled).

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why apologize xD

Because you took the time to try and help me get into it.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank you!

A lot of HP is the sign of a difficult boss fight!

*50 friggin' million HP Yiazmat flashbacks*

Just now, Espurrhoodie said:

Random-ass question, but how many 3DS games have their own AR cards associated with them? The only ones I can remember are Kid Icarus Uprising (which I never got the cards for cuz I bought my copy preowned rip), Project Mirai DX (not sure if Mirai 1 or Mirai 2 have them since Mirai 1 and 2 were never released outside of Japan), and both Bravely Default games.

I only knew about the Bravely games. For every other game, I am unaware.
But there aren't a lot, I think.

Edited by DragonFlames

*50 friggin' million HP Yiazmat flashbacks*

Xenoblade Chronicles X has an enemy called Gradivus, the Headless Emperor, who has 100,000,040 HP as well!

Because you took the time to try and help me get into it.

You're overstimating what i did xD

It took like 30 seconds tops to take that picture xD

And yeah MegaNep's Combat is cool

I only knew about the Bravely games. For every other game, I am unaware.
But there aren't a lot, I think.

I mostly know about Mirai DX since I actually own that game. The game also came with a keychain hook for some reason.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X has an enemy called Gradivus, the Headless Emperor, who has 100,000,040 HP as well!

RelievedDefenselessHornshark-small.gif

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You're overstimating what i did xD

It took like 30 seconds tops to take that picture xD

Still, though, that's 30 seconds you could have spent doing anything else.
I dunno. I just hate being a burden on people, even when I'm not, but I always think I am. I have no clue why, either...

2 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I mostly know about Mirai DX since I actually own that game. The game also came with a keychain hook for some reason.

That's interesting, and kind of cool. I love it when physical games come with something, be it an artbook, a sample OST, or anything else really.

Still, though, that's 30 seconds you could have spent doing anything else.

In this heat? XD

I dunno. I just hate being a burden on people, even when I'm not, but I always think I am. I have no clue why, either...

Yeah, i understand you, but when it comes to entertainment and games you don't need to apologize if you don't like something

We do that for fun after all

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The 40 seem so out of place xD

That extra 40 makes it look much more sinister.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, that was kinda my reaction, too.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*Laughs in Overdrive*

13 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Deadass I forgot about the AR cards but I think those really are the only game-specific ones.

I remember Uprising had one card that actually was never released.

In this heat? XD

Fair point.
Reminds me that I wanted to start watching Oda Nobuna no Yabou (yes, I finally got the name of the thing. Kinda looking forward to it, ngl.)

Yeah, i understand you, but when it comes to entertainment and games you don't need to apologize if you don't like something

We do that for fun after all

Too true, too true.
Forgive my sillyness.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

An out of context line

"Can i win over my future murderer by being an ice pillow, or a soda can, or something?"

The heck? XD

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, that was kinda my reaction, too.

I imagine it's much worse when you're actually playing the game.
This of course raises the question: can you do more than 4-digit damage in Xenoblade X or are you capped out at 9,999, too?

---

Feel like shilling some Atelier Meruru OST today.