• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, best Zelda is obviously Wand of Gamelon... because it actually stars Zelda, and not Link.

Wand of Gamelon is weak sauce. Real men play Zelda's Adventure.

I'm sure it's been commented on many times throughout the years, but Peach gets undressed with unusual regularity throughout TTYD. Fire Emblem only had sprites at the time, so I guess IS had to include fanservice in its games somehow.

The first Zelda game I played was Ocarina of Time 3D, which is strange because the GameCube was my first Nintendo console. Wind Waker was the first game I watched someone else play, though I never got it myself until the Wii U port was released.

42 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Peach gets undressed with unusual regularity 

Say what now? Please say this was a typo...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Say what now? Please say this was a typo...

It can happen a few times, though only about three are mandatory if I recall correctly.

One to take a bath (which can be repeated for... reasons, I guess), another to change into an X-Naut uniform, and finally after using an invisibility potion.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It can happen a few times, though only about three are mandatory if I recall correctly.

One to take a bath (which can be repeated for... reasons, I guess), another to change into an X-Naut uniform, and finally after using an invisibility potion.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just, pay attention to everything that happens after she takes the bath

Oh my.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I always felt that those Peach-TEC things were weird. Sooooooooooo out of place in a kids' game. They just don't belong, I'd be fine if Nintendo toned them down in a modern port.

To add on to this, why would they have Peach say something like, "I spit on your screen!" That's way out of character for her. It's hard not to laugh it's so absurd sounding!

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just, pay attention to everything that happens after she takes the bath.

And TTYD was rated E?

Oof.

Edited by twilitfalchion
got the game rating wrong

20 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Have been productive so early:

5nFJhEk.png

Anyways since there's a tie I had to use the random generator.

The winner is: Kasumi Yoshizawa

PS: I'm the random generator myself.

Yoshizawa second best girl. I love Haru far too much

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Actually, I wouldn't be opposed to participating so long being a bad FE player doesn't disqualify me, haha.

WHAT?! OH, THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU~! It should be pretty close, actually! Do you want me to give advice as to who to pick?

(Also, the link to the draft)

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

And TTYD was rated E?

Oof.

IS was onto something when making the game.

To be fair, it's likely they could get away with it because it involved a super computer who used appropriate-sounding dialogue even if the meaning can still be interpreted correctly.

But yes, they basically had a computer admit getting aroused at seeing a human naked.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

WHAT?! OH, THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU~! It should be pretty close, actually! Do you want me to give advice as to who to pick?

(Also, the link to the draft)

Sure, as long as they’re better units (by FE6 standards anyway :p). I’m still a bit confused on how the whole thing works (slow learner over here) though. I get that it should be a LTC run, but don’t understand the rest. Sorry if I’m overcomplicating things.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Sure, as long as they’re better units (by FE6 standards anyway :p). I’m still a bit confused on how the whole thing works (slow learner over here) though. I get that it should be a LTC run, but don’t understand the rest. Sorry if I’m overcomplicating things.

Oh, don't worry about it. Do you want me to PM you about good units to pick and other strategies/draft stuff, or would you rather do that here?

Okie dokie!

EDIT: Nice, I forgot to quote. Pinging @twilitfalchion, just so you get the notification.

Advice for early picks:

Spoiler

TL;DR For your earliest picks, Shanna, Rutger, Allen or Lance, Deke, Milady, Perceval, and if you need a staffbot, Clarine or Saul, are all good options, in that order.

(Note that Deke is free until chapter 6, so if you're worried about having few playable characters, don't sweat it.)

For the first round of a draft, I would personally aim for Shanna, as she will probably be your best unit on the western isles if you train her-Allen is also a solid pick, as is Lance, although in my opinion, Allen is a smidge better.

However, I would suggest NOT picking both Allen and Lance-You only get one knight's crest early on, meaning only one of the pair will be really good.

If Shanna and Allance are all snapped up before you can get to them, Deke is very good, as he has good bases and can promote early, allowing him to be quite good through the whole game. Similarly, Rutger, even on normal mode, is one of the best units in the game and will be your best bosskiller, as he can promote in chapter 8, granting him monstrous bonuses and +30 crit. Not to mention that the Armorslayer is godlike in FE6, and he's very accurate to begin with.

In the midgame, the amount of good picks dry up a lot, but both Milady and Perceval are still solid picks, but nowhere near as game-breaking as they are in Hard mode.

I'd also recommend picking up Saul or Clarine if you can. Personally, I'd pick Saul. Not too high of a priority, but having no staffbots can hurt a lot.

Lategame: Dayan is okay, Yodel is quite good, Niime is quite good. However! Dayan is only recruitable if you go the Sacae route, which isn't a good idea per se.

Alternatively, Jerrot is a very solid paladin who will last a good while before he falls off, although I wouldn't pick him super early.

Good-to-solid Midround picks:

Spoiler

There are quite a few good units who should be free after the premier units are gone.

TL;DR: Jerrot, Raigh, Lugh,  Saul if you don't have a staffbot already, Noah, Igrene and Garret, although everyone here is workable.

Jerrot (Joins ch. 7) is a very good paladin who is worth a decently early pick.

Raigh's (ch. 13) pretty okaigh; his bases are middling but decent enough, Apocalypse is excellent, (althoug better in the hands of Niime due to her higher staff rank) and this a game where Nosferatu is excellent for abusing-Once he's promoted, Raigh's only weighed down by one point of speed, meaning that he should be more or less invincible if he doubles enemies with it.

Niime (19 Ilia, 20 Sacae) is quite good-super squishy, but has really high magic and good ranks in both Dark and Staves. One of the better users of status staves.

Yodel (21) has insane res and S in staves, meaning he can use the Saint's staff at base. His base stats are okay for normal mode and if you have a severe shortage of staffbots, he can work.

Lugh (3) is the first mage you get. Anima magic is really good in this game, as it has access to Aircalibur and is overall very accurate. His bases aren't very good, but once his speed growth kicks in and he's reliably doubling, he will be a potent mage. Still, this is a WHEN, as he won't be doing much doubling at base. He can still provide good, accurate chip damage though and will be one of your most accurate units. You don't NEED a mage on your team, but Lugh is the one to have if you want one. (And Aircalibur is really nice.)

Gonzales (10)varies on which route of the Western isles you take-On Elffin's route, (I.E, if you visit the village farther from the castle in ch. 9) he joins at level eleven and can be instapromoted. On Lalum's (Visiting neither village or the one closer to the castle,) he joins at level five and has a higher axe rank at C. He will miss sometimes, being an axe unit with low skill, but he gets +5 skill upon promotion, is fast, and gets +30 to crit, not to mention solid defense, making him a serious threat. His resistance doesn't exist, though. He does require a Hero Crest-in Elffin's route, (Usually called Route B) you get it in chapter 10, or chapter 11 in Lalum's. You don't get any more after this outside of a secret shop in ch. 16, so don't pick more than two hero crest users!

Garret (16) He's overlooked a lot, but he's actually okay-he can climb peaks to get huge boosts avoid, (mostly helpful in ch. 21) has enough base speed to avoid getting doubled, is reasonably accurate and packs a punch. A very solid filler, in my opinion.

Noah/Treck(7)-Decent replacement cavaliers if you didn't get Allance. Noah has slightly lower growths than Treck but has a much higher joining level, meaning he can promote really fast, so I think that he's better than Treck. Neither are particularly good, but they're cavs, which good enough in itself.

Elen (2)is the archetypical earlygame healer. She's got bad stats but joins early, meaning that she can contribute early on and can get decent staff rank. She's outdone by every other healer, but she's good enough. And she's Helen's daughter, so she must be good!

Bartre,(11B) who you get in Elffin's route. He's got the highest strength base in the game at 22, which is monstrous, and an A in axes, meaning that he'll be able to deal massive damage. He'll fall off, but still packs a huge punch with a bow, even in the lategame at base level, so he'll still have use. He's not super axeurate, but can use bows too, which more or less fixes his problems.

Echidna (11A) Is really fast, accurate and decently strong, but has low base con, defense and resistance. She can be pretty okay, but she's a bit tricky to recruit due to her...Interesting choice of starting equipment.

Dorothy (6) Dorothy's pretty good-She has a fast support with Saul, (very important, of course) good growths and decent enough bases-She'll do big boy damage to the wyverns next chapter-She is outclassed by Sue, but using Sue isn't necessarily a good idea because you do not want to get Sacae'd.

Klain-(10B) He's okay. His most valuable asset is his A in bows, meaning that he'll reliably delete fliers for a while. His growths are decent, and he's a fairly average unit.

Igrene-(16) Better than Klain, but joins with a B in bows rather than an A. She's decent.

Thea/Tate (10B) Not that great and is curbstomped by Shanna, but works well enough if you don't have Shanna/want to hoard the market for fliers. (Which you CAN do, since Elysian whips aren't that hard to come by and both will be good units once trained, it just may not be worthwhile.) Much better than Juno, that's for sure.

Zeiss- (16) He has okay bases. Well, a lot of strength and decent defense. He is quite slow, but grows somewhat well in it. He is really buff and has a high skill growth and decent defense and can be quite scary once trained. Not amazing, but a decent flier.

Fir (9)-Not very good on normal, but can be trained if you have the Hero Crest space for it. She's not very good, as Rutger has similar or higher bases than her, but she joins in a chapter with a lot of axes and can become a very apt bosskiller and unit-She will become powerful, but there is a fair amount of investment required.

Shin/Sue (9/6, respectively)-Both are okay, but you will probably want to avoid them both because you do not want to get Sacae'd. Shin is an absolute god on hard mode, though.

Astolfo (8) Best thief in the game. He can hold his own in combat, so if you feel the need to have a thief drafted, Astolfo's your best bet. Chad is also okay and joins earlier but has far lower bases, and Cath works, I guess.

Ogier-(8) Deke with lower bases and better growths. He can work as a decent hero if you've got the space for him.

People who are unlisted are okay. I just forgot about them, probably.

Units you can use for the memes:

Spoiler

Bors. He's bad and a fast armor knight. Godlike chin.

Wendy-The worst unit in the franchise. By far.

Sophia. Very bad.

Barthe. An armor knight. All there is to it.

Wade. Wade has a bad start, but can actually become powerful. But don't pick him. I'M USING HIM! I'M USING ALL OF THE TERRIBLE UNITS! LOT TOO!

Geese: Bad. But he can become a Berserker, so if you have a hero crest slot open, you could give him a whirl.

Wolt-Not that awful, but the worst bow user in the game.

Hopefully that's not too much info...

Edited by Benice