• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Caster how much time did it take you to get the lvl 60 achievement btw

I'll be honest I just used my Nightmare Boss rush cleared privileges to cheat my way to it XD 
I think I was trying to get it normally while I was bored one day on my Inferno file, but I couldn't be assed to do it properly right now.
Maybe I'll redeem myself eventually, just a sloggy achievement unlike Ys 1 and 2.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Have played the demo and can definitely recommend it @Benice.

Great gameplay, great music, an overall great time.

Like 2D Zelda but better.

Nice! I'm completely swamped in games right now, but I'll have to check it out once I'm not.

Edited by Benice
compeltely is a word

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

I'll be honest I just used my Nightmare Boss rush cleared privileges to cheat my way to it XD 

And nothing wrong with that XD

Grinding is boring

Even if Ys' amazing music makes it much easier haha

And Valestein Castle ❤️

also one of my fav. Ys osts

and then you face Chester 1

Edited by Shrimperor

Well, started the Chinese campaign in AoM. First scenario seemed like a fine beginning. Things started to get dicey in the middle of the second. Once again the constant enemy waves with little breathing room. Well, I'll try again next time.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, started the Chinese campaign in AoM. First scenario seemed like a fine beginning. Things started to get dicey in the middle of the second. Once again the constant enemy waves with little breathing room. Well, I'll try again next time.

Try not to get sick out there.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, sorry. Maybe a cup of tea or something would help?

I don't drink either tea or coffee, but thank you for the offer. Just gotta wake up, don't like relying on anything to make me awake.

10 minutes ago, Caster said:

I don't drink either tea or coffee, but thank you for the offer. Just gotta wake up, don't like relying on anything to make me awake.

Mm. That's logical-I usually drink tea at night. Plus the fact that caffeine and I do not agree. As in I'll randomly start crying for no reason at all, such as the time I dropped a banana during lunch at school and started weeping on the table. That was...Embarrassing, to say the least.

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

Mm. That's logical-I usually drink tea at night. Plus the fact that caffeine and I do not agree. As in I'll randomly start crying for no reason at all, such as the time I dropped a banana during lunch at school and started weeping on the table. That was...Embarrassing, to say the least.

*pats* It'll be okay. The banana would want you to be.

Speaking of drinks, though. I don't drink soda anymore, just carbonated water, still tastes nice and has the same kick as I like from soda, and is significantly healthier, however, within this one brand, at least around here they keep fucking up the strawberry lemonade drink.
It looks like it's missing like... both of the strawberry and lemonade part.
But no one in the house drinks this carbonated water except me, so I have to get rid of it.
It tastes... horrendous, I don't even know how to describe the taste... it just tastes... bitter. Like the embodiment of bitter and sadness. That's what this botched strawberry lemonade water tastes like.

Still tastes better than Dr. Pepper, though.

Edited by Caster

IMG_20200823_223509.jpg?width=766&height

IMG_20200823_223512.jpg?width=766&height

You know, i find it strange that Rune Factory 4 Special is the only game on the Switch that doesn't have it's title on it's home screen icon. At least to my knowledge.

Also since it shows that i'm playing it, i might as well give my thoughts on Luigi's Mansion 3 so far. Honestly, there's not much i can say about it other than it's enjoyable. I've never played the original but i have played Dark Moon and i gotta say, i do prefer it being a continous format as opposed to Dark Moon's mission-based format.

Also Luigi's Mansion 3 plays so much better with a Pro Controller. Playing it in handheld mode with attached Joy-Cons doesn't feel as great. 

Anyways, being able to power slam the ghosts is pretty satisfying and it's fucking hilarious when you do it to the Boos.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

They should use the twintails on her normal look, ngl. That, or have her with her hair down. At least something so she doesn't look like the original Saber as much.

It wouldn't be Fate if there weren't at least two different characters that look exactly the same.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And thus, I have confirmed to myself that, yes, Nights of Azure is beatable using only the Servans the game gives you... Or have I?
Because here's the kicker: this wasn't the end. There is still the postgame to go through, two very cool questlines and two of the hardest bosses are yet to come. And then, after beating that, I have to face Ludegert again to get the Golden Ending.
So... my challenge is not yet over! All I confirmed is the possibility to defeat Ludegert using only the Servans the game initially gives you (that is, Dinosword, Alraune, Wood Golem, and Bisque Doll).

Ayyy congrats. Always a good feeling when you beat special runs like this (even if you do have the postgame to do).

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

IF should totally do a Ram & Rom spin-off game in the style of Mario & Luigi

This feels like such an obvious idea (factory, heh), that i'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

After Nep5 ofc

We'll get Nep 5 and then we'll get six years worth of Nep spin-offs of varying quality.

4 hours ago, Caster said:

141caf5246ce7d9b85366d9a3d939ed0.png

Annnnd I'm done.

Congrats!

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Like 2D Zelda but better.

Combat wise sure but the better 2D Zelda games obliterate Rune Factory when it comes to dungeons. 

Also, I just fought against the level 126 extra bosses in Tales of Berseria and... ouch. 

I got killed alot of times, let's just say that.

Also, also, I just bought Tales of Xillia for the PS3 and am going to get another (Zestiria I think?) once I complete that. Of course I get it next week, so I have to wait.

Trying to collect all of the Tales games now!

Edited by lightcosmo

I don't want to look at the overview of my Switch games since there are so many (the majority) I haven't finished or even started...

Also Hajimari no Kiseki will be out this week although I haven't seen it offered on Amazon yet. ;(

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, also, I just bought Tales of Xillia for the PS3 and am going to get another once I complete that. Of course I get it next week, so I have to wait.

Nice, it's a very good game, even if I prefer the sequel even more.

Xilllia has definitely some replaybility since it features two stories.

Just a little reminder: There are collections of several Tales games out like Symphonia and Graces or Vesperia and Berseria together. I don't know how common these are, but it's a good opportunity to save a bit money by that. 

I have thought past night considering to get professional help to fix my irritability. I'm getting angry, even mad, if things don't turn out how they should. It hurts me A LOT! Like in work if I have to give other people a task and they don't do it (in time), the shit will be left on my altough have done everything I had to do. The irony is that same goes for videogames. If I think I have done standing in my power, I get angry if something goes wrong like getting stuck in a dungeon or against a boss. I already mentioned my reasons in this regard. Well, I always have been an egoistic and impatient brat since my birth who can't accept defeat or justified complaints. I try to hide my emotions, but I simply can't. That's why I always have been anxious towards other (foreign) people and I still am. I don't want to excuse it by having no siblings and all the shitty things which have happened to my family in the past few years. I'm 31 now and I still am behaving like a little child who starts to cry if I'm feeling mistreated even if it's not even the case. I simply can't hide my anger and emotions. I need this to get fixed but it's something I can't be done without professional help...

26 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I have thought past night considering to get professional help to fix my irritability. I'm getting angry, even mad, if things don't turn out how they should. It hurts me A LOT! Like in work if I have to give other people a task and they don't do it (in time), the shit will be left on my altough have done everything I had to do. The irony is that same goes for videogames. If I think I have done standing in my power, I get angry if something goes wrong like getting stuck in a dungeon or against a boss. I already mentioned my reasons in this regard. Well, I always have been an egoistic and impatient brat since my birth who can't accept defeat or justified complaints. I try to hide my emotions, but I simply can't. That's why I always have been anxious towards other (foreign) people and I still am. I don't want to excuse it by having no siblings and all the shitty things which have happened to my family in the past few years. I'm 31 now and I still am behaving like a little child who starts to cry if I'm feeling mistreated even if it's not even the case. I simply can't hide my anger and emotions. I need this to get fixed but it's something I can't be done without professional help...

I'll always be here to support you, if you need it Jules, feel free to talk to me, I am no professional, but you know I have known you for many, many years, we have both gone through good and hard times together, but you are my long-time friend, so feel free to talk about it, whenever, if you want to vent or need help, I promise I will always listen.

I know I can be rude or inept, but I really do care, and I apologize for the times I've been shitty.

Edited by Caster

28 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I'm 31 now and I still am behaving like a little child who starts to cry if I'm feeling mistreated even if it's not even the case. I simply can't hide my anger and emotions.

Hey, no need to get so down on yourself! We all have our issues and flaws-if I listed mine, I'd be here for weeks. If you feel the need to talk to me, I'm happy to help!

On a completely unrelated note, am I the only one who sometimes will just eat a lemon?

ANNND a late happy birthday to @Dai!

Edited by Benice

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Really? Since finishing the game, then reloading the save file sending you to a point before the final battle(s) with extra stuff unlocked is pretty much Postgame 101.

Dragon Quest does it for example. Starting from SNES!V.

I know! But the thing is, usually, you have to do specific things within the main game itself to unlock a True/Golden/Best Ending.
In Nights of Azure, on the other hand, beating the final boss gets you one of four endings depending on a hidden relationship stat (to get the "best" one out of these four, this stat must not be maxed out, in a fun twist), then the postgame unlocks, and you will get the Golden Ending guaranteed if you re-fight the final boss after completing the two postgame scenarios.
I honestly don't know many games that do this.
Not that I don't believe these don't exist, of course.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

y2ZzhQN.png

Iirc i got this actually on the first or second boss hahaha XD

634960636568272907.png?v=1

That achievement name, though. XD

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

It wouldn't be Fate if there weren't at least two different characters that look exactly the same.

Ain't that the truth. XD

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ayyy congrats. Always a good feeling when you beat special runs like this (even if you do have the postgame to do).

Thank you, thank you! ^^
I agree, it does!
Postgame will be rough, probably, because those bosses are... something else, but the rematch against the final boss will most likely go well, since I now know how to beat her with the setup I'm using... somewhat, at least, since the first time was still pretty tough.
On the other hand, I haven't maxed out Arnice's level yet, and due to Arnice's max level being 11 (10 initially; 11 unlocks once you beat Ludegert the first time), each level makes one hell of a difference in damage output. And I expect Arnice to be at level 11 once I beat the postgame scenarios, so the fight against Ludegert should go smoothly just based on that fact alone.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, also, I just bought Tales of Xillia for the PS3 and am going to get another (Zestiria I think?) once I complete that. Of course I get it next week, so I have to wait.

Have fun!
I love the Xillia games! If you like Xillia, definitely get Xillia 2, as well!

3 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

I'm 31 now and I still am behaving like a little child who starts to cry if I'm feeling mistreated even if it's not even the case. I simply can't hide my anger and emotions.

It's alright! We all have our quirks and things we're not proud of. No need to get so down on yourself.
If you ever want somebody to talk to, I'll be here to listen.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

We all have our issues and flaws-if I listed mine, I'd be here for weeks.

Same.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

On a completely unrelated note, am I the only one who sometimes will just eat a lemon?

Nope. I do it all the time.
And I get strange looks from people around me for it, but I don't care. The things are delicious!

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I get strange looks from people around me for it, but I don't care. The things are delicious!

[Insert a man of culture gif here]

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

[Insert a man of culture gif here]

TightUnknownJay-size_restricted.gif

3 hours ago, Caster said:

Xillia 2 though? Fantastic.

Yup, yup!
One of three games that threw my floodgates wide open.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 hours ago, Benice said:

ANNND a late happy birthday to @Dai!

Oh! Well, why, thank you. We’re kinda celebrating it late, too. Since I had to work on my birthday and the day after, we’re going to go to Benihana as a birthday dinner treat. I love the tonkotsu ramen, even after delivery from Door Dash, but this will be my first time to visit the restaurant and try it in person.

Edited by Dai