Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's understandable you'd forget if you never thought you'd be able to play the game.😃

Still, though. In that moment, I felt really stupid.

7th Dragon 1 looks neat! I like artstyle in particular.
If only desmume wasn't such a shit-show on my laptop, I might have been able to play this, too. But with how slow the thing runs, I'm not too sure...

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out 1000 days ago. 

I can't believe it's been 1000 days since the best game ever made came out.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

latest?cb=20181010215037latest?cb=20181010215102latest?cb=20181010215103latest?cb=20181010215038

Ok this art is way better than the chibi-art that was on the boxart imo. Wish they went with that.

Thankfully, the chibi-art isn't that prevelant due to fights being in first person.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was going to include this girl:

200?cb=20181010215037

Fate called. It wants it's fox girl back.

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

In Tales of Berseria, the skits text have so many errors, it's so hard not to laugh at them. Like, haven't they heard of proof reading? 

Really? That's interesting, because the German version has no noticeable errors.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fate called. It wants it's fox girl back.

She does look a bit like Tamamo, now that I look at her again.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Really? That's interesting, because the German version has no noticeable errors.

Really must be an English thing then. Cause i definitly noticed the errors too but it was the "it doesn't match with what's being said but it's a synonym anyway" so i didn't pay too much attention anyway.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She does look a bit like Tamamo, now that I look at her again.

Looks like a younger version, to be more exact. Though that could just be the artstyle.

Just now, Armagon said:

Really must be an English thing then. Cause i definitly noticed the errors too but it was the "it doesn't match with what's being said but it's a synonym anyway" so i didn't pay too much attention anyway.

I see, I see.
Lazy, lazy English localizers. *shakes head* XD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looks like a younger version, to be more exact. Though that could just be the artstyle.

True, true.

If ever do play the game, I'm putting her in my team and call her Tamamo.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How could you not notice Rokurou calling Eleanor a cheap project?

I laughed so hard when I seen that! How could I not?

Edited by lightcosmo

Well, finally, managed to complete the second map of Tale of the Dragon. Once again, exploiting the AI's weird decision to not attack walls if they can reach their destination through another path proved fruitful. Well, after being able to set up the whole thing in the first place.

Man, it's such a gorgeous day out! Really glad to spending time with my family on a day like this. Hope you guys are having as great a day as I am!

After my meltdown, here are the silver linings of CS5

Spoiler

CarriersOfHajimari.png

New cast is kino and should've had the game for themselves.

Their route is written by new writers, which gives me hope since it's the only ''good'' thing about that game

New composer is also kino

Maybe New Talent will save Falcom who knows

and that's it for Silver Linings

493135310973304842.png?v=1

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I've been awake a bit too early...

...and this on a day I don't even need to go to work.

That's just how it works sometimes, isn't it?

My mood in Rune Factory now that I finally got the confession for Margaret:

Well, congrats.

Though remember, save yourself the headache and just go on dates to reach 10 LP. Will be much faster. You need at least three for marriage, anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Benice said:

That's just how it works sometimes, isn't it?

My mood in Rune Factory now that I finally got the confession for Margaret:

Yeah, always wake up early at the wrong time.

Maybe it's my excitement for the long weekend...

Edited by Julian Teehee

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Man, it's such a gorgeous day out! Really glad to spending time with my family on a day like this. Hope you guys are having as great a day as I am!

My family has quarantined me for eating a sandwich, but I'm glad you're doing well.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

In Tales of Berseria, the skits text have so many errors, it's so hard not to laugh at them. Like, haven't they heard of proof reading? 

Apparently, there are enough errors that one site made a list of some of them.:

https://legendsoflocalization.com/this-be-bad-translation-08-tales-of-berseria/

No real hypothesis as to why though.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

7th Dragon 1 looks neat! I like artstyle in particular.
If only desmume wasn't such a shit-show on my laptop, I might have been able to play this, too. But with how slow the thing runs, I'm not too sure...

Weird, my older (and now mostly retired) MacBook runs Desmune with no real problems, it gets hot to the touch, but thats just as true running a mere web browser. 

This said, if you were to emulate it, I'd advise going with the "USA" version of the fan translation. It's the exact same script, but the fans cut down the game's random encounter rate by 50%, which I'm now noticing is too high in the "retail" unedited version also available.

I'd bear with it, but I discovered that the cheaty no-encounters accessory isn't able to be equipped by any class I'm actually using, though the no-Bloom damage accessory can be used by anyone. Because I don't want to use a Mage, the Love Band accessory is junk. Ideally I'd replace the patched rom with another and keep the save file, but finding the save file is a bit tricky and I've only played an hour in. So I'll be less delicate and more hasty and just start totally anew.

---

And after reviewing the classes I'm using and their actual damage multipliers, it looks like I should ditch the Samurai and go for the Fighter after all. Axe Fighter can provide Status Down, making it easier for the Princess and Rogue to land their ailments, which will make it easier to get the 3 Pain Counters for the Rogue's Triple Kiss, which appears to have a comparatively absurd multiplier. To help the Rogue further actually, it's the Knight I should ditch because the Samurai simply by being around can buff the Rogue's Atk by 40% with a certain passive skill maxed. -But, I want the Knight for reasons of defense, and because it can deal good damage too in tandem with the Princess.

...I love team synergy.🤓

And a few more early screenshots of mine:

Spoiler

7th-Dragon-v1-01-Encounter-rate-100-reta

A traversable world map, it's nothing unusual, or really that all good, most of the time they're purely utilitarian. But considering the other 7th Ds are point & click to your next destination, and that Etrian Odyssey is purely town and dungeon, this is freeing by these standards.

The first enemies you encounter. Rabis and those blue butterflies that inflict Paralyze, thats a universal constant in this deceased series then.

Although I can't help but notice they're a bit... flat. It's excusable, the DS is weaker than the 3DS (if with some potential to match or outdo an N64- see Super Mario 64 DS). Etrian Odyssey was the same way originally.:

latest?cb=20120613074224180?cb=20120614222438180?cb=20120608231653

And it does pay homage to the ancestral video game RPGs. Enemies can't move to attack of course, but some special effects suffice for their attacks, not like EO ever did anything crazy the animations, although 2020 Nyala did have a cool (and deadly) ultimate.

Second town, just to give a better visual of the graphics. Not too bad for the DS.

This town sells shields too, which is good, because the Knight doesn't come with one, nor does the first town sell one. No shield means no Front Guard, Rear Guard or Fire/Ice/Voltbreaker usage, which are basically copypaste from EO. It's a minor oversight. Not as minor is the Samurai not coming with a katana, nor either the first or second town having buyable katanas, which are necessary for most Samurai skills of course, barring the unarmed ones: two direct damage-dealing techniques and three of the counters that I think the Godhand picked up later (and that I know the 2020 Destroyer got).

While I was I town, I encountered a fortune teller, I went ahead and asked for a reading, behold her clairvoyant incantation!:

7th-Dragon-v1-01-Encounter-rate-100-reta7th-Dragon-v1-01-Encounter-rate-100-reta

Diduo Ytahwe EsI!🤣

...In this really in the Japanese script? Would Japan really know the English and European localizations for "Orange Dot of Doom"? Why would you want to ape something thats so niche? Why not imitate Pokemon or Persona? Do you not like money Imageepoch? -Oh wait, you went bankrupt.

Speaking of visible threats:

Looks like my first "boss". I was dealing single-digit damage to it, so I reset. Looks like I need to upgrade from the starting weapons, that, judging from how much more damage I was dealing to generic enemies when I equipped better stuff, will provide a serious boost.

Oh, and it wasn't a dragon, just a fat purple bear. I wonder where the dragons could be...

And I'll add that it appears this translation calls the Lucier the "Rushe". The eternal Japanese "rl" tlansritelation issue and other things.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Egeff_DU0AAcfiV?format=jpg&name=large

Indeed you are Haze. Indeed you are.

I've completed every sidequest in Torna and while i don't have the Community Chart at 100% (that requires killing every Unique Monster, including Superbosses and i don't feel like doing that rn), i will likely be finishing my Torna replay tomorow. And then, i'll be replaying Xenoblade 2 again. 

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

How could you not notice Rokurou calling Eleanor a cheap project?

I must've forgotten lmao.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is 1000 days old now, I better post this before I forget again (contains spoilers for the whole game).

I saw this video too. It's actually pretty fucking cool. I approve.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is 1000 days old now, I better post this before I forget again (contains spoilers for the whole game).

Cute.

Josette thinks she's slick, hiding in the background like that.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe New Talent will save Falcom who knows

New talent gearing up for the essentially soft reboot of the series? Curious to see how that goes.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And a few more early screenshots of mine:

Gotta say, the original 7th Dragon game honestly feels like a completely different game compared to what came after. Not in a bad way of course but it feels like this one was kinda meant to be it's own thing and then they decided to make a somewhat overarching plot with the other games. I don't think the original even fits into the timeline.  I mean, you said that the original takes place in 7th Dragon III's Eden, but even aesthetically, that doesn't seem to be the case.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Apparently, there are enough errors that one site made a list of some of them.:

https://legendsoflocalization.com/this-be-bad-translation-08-tales-of-berseria/

No real hypothesis as to why though.

That's... actually kind of sad that there are that many errors in the game. Like... wow.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Egeff_DU0AAcfiV?format=jpg&name=large

Indeed you are Haze. Indeed you are.

I've completed every sidequest in Torna and while i don't have the Community Chart at 100% (that requires killing every Unique Monster, including Superbosses and i don't feel like doing that rn), i will likely be finishing my Torna replay tomorow. And then, i'll be replaying Xenoblade 2 again. 

Congratulations on that! Not sure if this is your first time or not, but congrats anyways!

So, what's the plan for the Xenoblade 2 playthrough this time?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not sure if this is your first time or not, but congrats anyways!

This is my third replay of Torna. Well, I never actually finished my second replay. I got caught up in other things and then I did my no-Blade summon run of Xenoblade 2 and then XenoblaDE came out and I played that. So I just canned my second replay of Torna and started a new one.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So, what's the plan for the Xenoblade 2 playthrough this time?

I actually have no idea lmao. Debating if I should a normal playthrough or if I should do a NG+ Bringer of Chaos run (I am not sure I can handle a normal Bringer of Chaos run).

So, Age of Empires III is getting a Definitive Edition like the other two... and they're only adding the Swedes and Incas!? That's not enough I'd say... that's not enough...