Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, then the Personas you need for that SL have changed from regular P5. I don't remember needing to fuse Phoenix for it.
The most annoying part is when they start wanting Personas with specific skills.

I have no idea how it was in regular Persona 5.

Phoenix was changed from Hierophant to Faith (new) arcana.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Persona always has had my favorite kind of support system since answers influence the speed of ranking up a support. In Persona 3 you could even destroy certain supports by giving extremely bad answers. Kinda sad this was removed in 4 and 5.

You can reverse and also flat out break the moon social link in 4, it is completely removed in 5, though it was planned to be in, at first, but was taken out.

Technically I can post whatever I want here which meets the rules, but if people feel annoyed by me talking about more serious stuff - which should approach everyone -  then I do their favor and don't do it just to prevent any unnecessary conflict potential.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Would posting in spoiler tags solve this issue?

If there was topic a like this in this forum, I already would have sent my posts there, but there is only a general one for Covid which mainly deals with information regarding the virus itself and not political stuff.

Anyways I have no real desire to stay here anymore today... so bye.

Just honesty, if anyone talked about politics outside of the shit subforum more than they already do I would not be friends with anyone.

I'll shut up, clearly I'm ruining everyone's day again, so, bye.

Edited by Caster

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And a lot of your Fs are weird characters. Jiggs and Yoshi have always been awk-ward, WFT is lacking, Little Mac is hyper-specialized to the point of crippling flaws, Ice Climbers is poor unless you know how to desync them(? -is that still a thing in Smash U?), getting used to Olimar's Pikmin isn't easy, and Duck Hunt isn't exactly normal either, I'm surprised Rosalina got into a tier above them.

I'm not sure what you mean, could you explain? What's weird about them?

Kazan liberated, the first Imperial Dragon- King- has been slain. The dragon count is down to 615.

A few pictures of the various dragons encountered so far:

Spoiler

7th-Dragon-2020-08-30-20-47-44.png

...How is this a dragon? The first commonly-encountered species of dragon. Can Blind everyone.

7th-Dragon-2020-08-30-21-30-59.png

The hammer on the head isn't as big as in the 3D games. Strong single target hits, can possibly inflict Paralysis while doing so.

7th-Dragon-2020-08-30-21-15-46.png

Mini-boss. Its took time to kill, I forget how strong its attacks were, but I miraculously won despite another dragon joining in mid-fight. You can see which one- notice the itty-bitty "6" north of my blue diamond? Thats how many turns until it enters the fray.

7th-Dragon-2020-08-31-12-19-37.png

And this is King. The thing could actually talk and did so before the battle started, saying that the president injured it before he died, as the sword resting in it and the generally ragged body indicates. Dragons must heal slowly, considering three years have past. 

I went in at level 17, nervous about how things would go against the first Imperial. All it used was strong physicals, but it used its row-targeting physical only one time, allowing my Princess to Cure off every in time, using her Ex Gauge twice when I was concerned and needed the speed boost. Shield Front from the Knight made the other physical attacks manageable. Tarantella got me a few turns where it was Paralyzed and couldn't attack me plus some damage from the attack itself, and my Fighter laid on the hurt. Oh, and Moonlit Song made sustaining skill spam in this fight a breeze, one casting and it lasts until the battle ends.

EXP gain was less than expected from the fight, and the dragon didn't sparkle before disappearing on its death, like in other games. There was a crystalline flash the very moment it faded away, but it was too short for any parting drama.

The shop inventory system seems to be a mix of EO and later 7th Ds. The shops added a slew of new stuff after killing King, but more stuff can be made for sale by selling monster drops, which are also your main source of money. The request system is cumbersome, but the rewards aren't anything spectacular yet, so I think I can ignore them.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

These are characters from older RF games, I assume? They're adorable!

Yep. RFs 1-3 and Frontier didn't have a playable female character, so these bachelorettes served in the box art/opening trailer lead female role.

• Mist- 1 & Frontier- Is a little absentminded and likes turnips (which are for some reason called "radishes" in RF1). She also loves Emery Flowers, but don't even imagine gifting her them, you have to grow them, and they need 120 days to mature. You could cut that down to 30 days with Formula C, but you'll need 30 per individual flower, and you have to make the Formula Cs yourself.
  • Mana- RF2- Likes Pink Turnips and is really into the main character Kyle. Doesn't have marriage rival competing for her heart, and in the second generation she becomes one of the school's two teachers, the other being that Barret guy you may have met.
  • Shara- RF3- Loves flowers in general. She's a bit mellow as a character, nothing that jumps at you. Thats not a bad thing, considering RF3 can be a little...

latest?cb=20111215204320

"Hey, want a shot?!"

..."loud".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I rewatched the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime from yesterday to today. My father joined in on it, too, so he got to see and experience Iris Heart... oh god. XD
Also, it took a bit, but I managed to acquire information about his favorites: Noire, Uni, and Nepgear.

I also came to the personal conclusion that the second half of the anime is (maybe hot take incoming?) basically a slightly better version of the plot of Re;Birth 3.

2 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Phoenix was changed from Hierophant to Faith (new) arcana.

That's interesting!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yep. RFs 1-3 and Frontier didn't have a playable female character, so these bachelorettes served in the box art/opening trailer lead female role.

• Mist- 1 & Frontier- Is a little absentminded and likes turnips (which are for some reason called "radishes" in RF1). She also loves Emery Flowers, but don't even imagine gifting her them, you have to grow them, and they need 120 days to mature. You could cut that down to 30 days with Formula C, but you'll need 30 per individual flower, and you have to make the Formula Cs yourself.
  • Mana- RF2- Likes Pink Turnips and is really into the main character Kyle. Doesn't have marriage rival competing for her heart, and in the second generation she becomes one of the school's two teachers, the other being that Barret guy you may have met.
  • Shara- RF3- Loves flowers in general. She's a bit mellow as a character, nothing that jumps at you. Thats not a bad thing, considering RF3 can be a little...

latest?cb=20111215204320

"Hey, want a shot?!"

..."loud".

Ah, I see!
They sound like interesting characters for sure!

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I rewatched the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime from yesterday to today. My father joined in on it, too, so he got to see and experience Iris Heart... oh god. XD
Also, it took a bit, but I managed to acquire information about his favorites: Noire, Uni, and Nepgear.

Wow, I can't imagine either of my parents ever watching any anime, no matter how tame or wholesome. I don't know what they'd think of it, but knowing them they'd probably get concerned about my hobbies and interests for no good reason. xD

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm not sure what you mean, could you explain? What's weird about them?

• Jigglypuff is lightweight, close ranged, not a whole lot of obvious power either. The old Melee "toss the enemy into the air and then Pound them into paste" isn't exactly a strategy a casual will discover.
  • WFT has short range for their non-Specials and just feels underpowered like Jiggs. 
  • Yoshi's recovery problem has eased up for at least two games now, but of the original 12, Yoshi is like the second most unusual behind Jiggs. Easy "good" play I'd say.
  • For Olimar, you have to do some optimal mid-fight Pikmin color shuffling and keep them alive.
  • Little Mac has near-zero recovery, a lacking air game, and little range, you really have to avoid his faults and focus on his fast strong ground game strengths.
  • Ice Climbers feel weak to me if you play them like the "average character", and I guess de-syncing is everything to their competitive style.
  • Duck Hunt is somewhat unusual on their attacks in general, not bad, I'd hazard better feeling and more powerful to a normal person than Jigglypuff, but they're still not quite "normal". (But what is "normal" in Smash, other than say Mario the intentional balanced character.)
  • And Rosalina is micromanaging ideal use of the Luma and not letting it get killed, extra thinking in a fast-paced game that people less willing to dedicate their brainpower will pursue.

Mind you, these are just my opinions based partly on play and partly on what I've read, and I'm no Smash master, just a casual who has never attempted competitive or acquiring competitive-styled skill mastery.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, I see!
They sound like interesting characters for sure!

You needn't say that if it's just because I brought them up with that bit of detail. -Although I might be too deflating of the prior games when comparing them to 4.

---

Imageepoch stole the opening notes from this. Or, he didn't die and instead became a dragon, he was already a god.:kefka:

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, I can't imagine either of my parents ever watching any anime, no matter how tame or wholesome. I don't know what they'd think of it, but knowing them they'd probably get concerned about my hobbies and interests for no good reason.

I consider myself very blessed that he's very understanding when it comes to that sort of stuff.

---

And I have another question about RF4: do you know if giving it to them as gifts is the only way to equip other characters you want to bring along for exploration?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You needn't say that if it's just because I brought them up with that bit of detail. -Although I might be too deflating of the prior games when comparing them to 4.

Don't you worry! I did mean what I said!

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

And I have another question about RF4: do you know if giving it to them as gifts is the only way to equip other characters you want to bring along for exploration?

Yes, you throw the equipment at them. Unless there's another way that I don't know about.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yes, you throw the equipment at them. Unless there's another way that I don't know about.

Okay! Thank you!
That's what I've been doing, but I thought there might be another way to do it, so I just thought I'd ask. Thanks again! ^^

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Jigglypuff is lightweight, close ranged, not a whole lot of obvious power either. The old Melee "toss the enemy into the air and then Pound them into paste" isn't exactly a strategy a casual will discover.
  • WFT has short range for their non-Specials and just feels underpowered like Jiggs. 
  • Yoshi's recovery problem has eased up for at least two games now, but of the original 12, Yoshi is like the second most unusual behind Jiggs. Easy "good" play I'd say.
  • For Olimar, you have to do some optimal mid-fight Pikmin color shuffling and keep them alive.
  • Little Mac has near-zero recovery, a lacking air game, and little range, you really have to avoid his faults and focus on his fast strong ground game strengths.
  • Ice Climbers feel weak to me if you play them like the "average character", and I guess de-syncing is everything to their competitive style.
  • Duck Hunt is somewhat unusual on their attacks in general, not bad, I'd hazard better feeling and more powerful to a normal person than Jigglypuff, but they're still not quite "normal". (But what is "normal" in Smash, other than say Mario the intentional balanced character.)
  • And Rosalina is micromanaging ideal use of the Luma and not letting it get killed, extra thinking in a fast-paced game that people less willing to dedicate their brainpower will pursue.

Mind you, these are just my opinions based partly on play and partly on what I've read, and I'm no Smash master, just a casual who has never attempted competitive or acquiring competitive-styled skill mastery.

My tier list was based on which characters I like to play, not how good which character is. XD

If that were a tier list, theres way in hell Mario would be that low, lol.