Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

both work xD

Both would look great, I think!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean Totori probably can create op bombs to match Lys' magic xd

Yea!
Though that wasn't enough to save me in that one boss fight that killed me and finally made me drop the game (the same one that did in Armagon, funnily enough).
She's really strong in Meruru, though, where she's almost like a Jagen (though more Titania than Jagen himself). XD

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Wraith, I would also recommend trying some bad games, as those can be really funny. (Brave: A warrior's tale is a personal "bad game" favorite of mine. It has aged...Poorly from a cultural perspective, but aside from questionable terminology, it's not too bad in my opinion. Oh, and the glitches in it are hilarious-Right at the beginning of the game, there's a small island in a river that has a small wooden pole next to a rock, and if you walk into it you fall under the river; there's a whole slew of other great glitches, particularly when you're flying-some of the cliffs just don't exist and you can fly straight through 'em.) Uh, Wind Waker's pretty lighthearted, isn't it? That's a good one. I echo the sentiment of Rune Factory being nice.

Edited by Benice

Made it to the Wind Manastone, which with barely any mention of it unlocks the ability to change my characters classes. The process of doing so is slow due to loading for some reason. And while they let me see some of the changes I'll get from going one or the other, the game doesn't show me all of them, including any spells I may learn, and it tells me I can only swap classes if I don't like my choice via items I currently do not have. This is confusing.🤯

Took me longer than I expected to find a good guide to the class system with all the details of each class listed. Doesn't sound so bad. Considering these new tier 4 classes I hear of are basically postgame, and tier 3 requires I be level 38 which is 20 above my current level, I should make it easier on myself and focus on which 2nd tier I want right now. And from the looks of it, I should probably have all three of my characters pick their Dark class. One user of Healing Light+ should hopefully be enough unless I'm that terrible or the AI is, and I'll have elemental Sabers access via Duran.

Ah yes, team synergy. Makes some combinations better than others, and others are simply subjective.

Can't speak about your team, other than better keep at least one capable healer.

Finally beat the Ahkos and Malos fight at the end of Ch.3. So good. After that, because i'm gonna need all the help i can get (remember, i'm still following no-Blade summon run rules even if i did modify it to include all guaranteed Blades), i decided to enter the Land of Challenge and recruit Shulk and Fiora. I used Custom difficulty set all the way to my favor so i could get them quickly. I tried to get Elma as well but it seems that i need Morag and Zeke in the party as well before her challenge unlocks. So no Elma for now.

For now, this is the current party.

IMG_20200907_175625.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200907_175627.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200907_175629.jpg?width=768&height

May consider swapping Shulk and Fiora though.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I see. I can dig the no character ending thing^^

As i said before, if you are gonna di character ending then go the full way make it VN like...

One of the criticisms constantly thrown at Atelier Ryza by fans is the complete lack of character endings so this is an interesting take.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

i decided to enter the Land of Challenge and recruit Shulk and Fiora. I used Custom difficulty set all the way to my favor so i could get them quickly.

So the Alrest Linkring(?) remains unlocked in New Game+ or does the challenge that you need to finish the story to get the Linkring stay unlocked on NG+? I'm guess from what you say it's the latter? I'm a little surprised it'd still be doable even on the weakest Custom settings. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So the Alrest Linkring(?) remains unlocked in New Game+ or does the challenge that you need to finish the story to get the Linkring stay unlocked on NG+? I'm guess from what you say it's the latter? I'm a little surprised it'd still be doable even on the weakest Custom settings. 

I think the Alrest Linkring carries over in NG+ but I never had it in the first place on this file so it didn't carry over.

As for the challenge itself, pretty much all of them are easily doable on the weakest Custom settings though I did temporarily level up to the highest level I could before doing it. 

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Once defeated, something very strange happens: the giant fish plops down on the ground, unconscious, but then... a much smaller fish pops out.
6O1IGWA.jpg

lmao

Classic villain line right there. Does he actually try to make good on his threat to "get you next time"?

9 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Does FE7 even have an S-Rank Staff?

No.

Edited by Shadow Mir

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No. And the +5 Hit S-rank bonus doesn't apply to status Staffs, making that rank completely useless.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Nope!

51 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

No.

Not sure all three of you needed to answer that. :huh: But thanks.

Next time in CK2. Okay, did the next Reconquista War, taking the Valencia region. I also usurped the kingdom titles of Granada and Valencia. Now only the Umayyad have Badajoz left. Though they still control quite a bit of western Iberia.

Yep, just a little bit more and Hispania is a thing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alright, Tales of Xillia 2 update!

Okay... I'm going to be honest, alot of the changes in this game I dont really like so far.

First, i need Gald to continue the game. This is kinda annoying since it kinda breaks the story, so it feels oddly paced.

Second, holy cow is Ludger broken or what?

Third, questing is a pain to get Gald. I have to repeat the same quests over and over. 

Fourth, the nerfs to the skill costs just removes fun options and flexibility. You could say sure, it's for balance. But then, what the hell is Ludger? Surely not balanced!

Edited by lightcosmo

Tales of Xillia 2 is not only a JRPG, but also in some way an economic simulation.

You're forced to grab money together and do quests over and over again.

Ludger is OP since he can use three different weapon types which gives me some flexibility to target the enemey's weakness.

However the issues with him are that he can't be replaced at any time and that his story / personality leaves to be desire.

Ludger was the "weakness" of Xillia 2 for me.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Gotta admit, having Clorica as a spouse is certainly a recipe for an... interesting marriage. Just look at that description, and ask yourself what else can she do while asleep...

Demon door boss was my first real challenge. It wasn't the door itself, I could run up to it and dodge and attack it no problems. It was the shape-shifter minions it could summon that sent me reeling and burning through a few Cups of Wishes and Candies. Why can those things form change at any time and get fully healed with every shapeshifting? Once one started attacking me, I had to turn around to kill it, but that was hard to do for the aforementioned reason, that shook me out of evading the boss's attacks, and new ones showed too fast after I destroyed them.

The boss that immediately followed was much less chaotic. The boss after that took some time, and the AI wasn't great at dodging certain attacks, but even if they had died I could've won by myself.

There was one feint of a good character exchange, just a few lines as I was walking down a path where Duran and Kevin discussed sword-fighting or some other fighting at a later time, with Charlotte lightly disapproving of it and not wanting to get involved. It was such a tease, because by this point, I know I'm not going to get what I want in interactions. I still like everyone, sure I want to imagine if all six were together and all the fun that'd be, but I can bear with what I get. I liked the momentary inclusions of Riesz and Hawkeye in the story so far. ToM is in this weird place between old school and new school.

Visually I'm quite pleased with the game, the bright fantasy is typical Mana from what I'm aware, and it's somehow distinctive despite fantasy being the norm for RPGs. The soundtrack, I've had it set to the modern version over the 16-bit original also included, is satisfactory, maybe not great, but a few tracks are at least enjoyably good, and I haven't heard any clunkers yet.

To be fair, sometimes there are big interactions, specially between same-story characters, when one is in the playable party and the other doesn't. At least, there are instances of such interactions happening. Almost every HawkeyexRiesz shipper knows what I'm talking about, to give an example.

Though I think overall you will get the most out of them when both are in the party and one is the lead. Makes the last one a third wheel, but at least they're almost guarantee to interact with their storyline partner.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200907_234020.jpg

giphy_1.gif

Good!

Also, you tell me, just how does Clorica do all that in her sleep?? I'll be back here trying to pick between JAGGERS and RED DRAGHUNS.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I just fought Volt in Xillia 2 and holy cow that was pretty hard.

If you haven't caught on already, combat is all about using opponents' weaknesses to create an opening. Except when they don't have one. Then you improvise.

By the way, how many cats have you found?

Edited by Shadow Mir