• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd say you just don't want RNG at all. I like high hit rates and dislike low as much as anyone, but you're asking for the abolishment of Skl and Hit altogether, 80 as a minimum is ludicrously too high. Maybe you should figure out how to make an FE without dodging existing whatsoever except Shadow Dragon already exists.

seems you misunderstood me.

I am saying that if there are no extra circumstances (Weapon triangle, Terrain, skills, super fast unit, etc.) Hit shouldn't go below 80. I didn't ask for the abolishment of Skl and hit altogether. But evasion shouldn't be easy, and not everything should be frustrating.

Edited by Shrimperor

12 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I confess: I never even fought the ultimate superboss in Abyss, I only know stories of how hard it is.

It's more of a battle of attrition than anything else. Also, the aforementioned Tutti capacity core can only be stolen from her. You better prepare your anus if you try her on the harder difficulties, as she uses Mystic Artes from your team (and Time Stop). That being said, her most dangerous one is her own: Fragmented End. It can do tens of thousands of damage (on Unknown, over 100,000 damage). You only have 9999 HP at most. The conclusion is obvious.

Edited by Shadow Mir

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am saying that if there are no extra circumstances (Weapon triangle, Terrain, skills, super fast unit, etc.) Hit shouldn't go below 80. I didn't ask for the abolishment of Skl and hit together. But evasion shouldn't be easy, and not everything should be frustrating.

Okay, that sounds better. Though I think I myself would be a wee bit more tolerant of less hit in a vacuum and take 75 or 70 as the minimum.

And you have a point on the power of evasion, since it negates damage altogether and can cover two forms of offense at once whereas Def and Res don't.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wouldn't be surprised if I had... but I don't remember if I did.

I mentioned the weird circumstance because if it hasn't been done before, Vanillaware has done it. The Sentinels in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, for some reason I do not know because I have not played the game, end up like this:

Spoiler

13-Sentinels-38.jpg?w=555&h=495&ssl=1F5GibJa.png

There is a full backside PS4 wallpaper of the girl on the left.🙄 It happens to the guys too as I've posted, but the postures indicate Vanillaware is horny for the ladies no surprise to me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

When i get an Max Full Burst in Xenoblade 2

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

Actually that's me when i do anything in this game.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

If I finish PoR, will anyone play Berwick

I might play Berwick one day but it'll essentially be Kaga's last time to prove that FE3 wasn't just a fluke and that he's capable of making good games more than once.

But that "might" has like a 10% chance because i have like no faith in Kaga's games. That and PCSX2 can be a pain at times.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

No one wants to play my favorite game and if they did, they'd probably hate it.
tenor.gif

Combo breaker.

Bruh

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

As for Berwick, my experience with Ps emulators isn't really positive. It's the main reason why i stopped Tearring saga

Even ePSXe didn't work for you? That's one of the easiest emulators to run.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Increasing reason to wait for sales, until Nintendo copies this and then we're screwed because no sales there. The certain death of physical in the generation after this coming one will leave us doubly screwed from the lack of used games. 

I don't think physical games are gonna go away for the same reason that physical books haven't gone away. Different things maybe but that's how i feel.

The world isn't ready for Nintendo to do $70 standard pricing though (assuming they do eventually do that).

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

it'll essentially be Kaga's last time to prove that FE3 wasn't just a fluke and that he's capable of making good games more than once.

I can advocate for TearRing being pretty good too, although I've played a teeny-tiny sample of it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

But that "might" has like a 10% chance because i have like no faith in Kaga's games

tbh neither do I, that's why I'm worried about trying Thracia and FE3 and FE2 and FE1 and...Yeah... I just think that Berwick is Kaga's masterpiece-although Shrimpy probably wouldn't like it.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

tbh neither do I, that's why I'm worried about trying Thracia and FE3 and FE2 and FE1 and...Yeah... I just think that Berwick is Kaga's masterpiece-although Shrimpy probably wouldn't like it.

As someone who's played the first several chapters of FE1 and beaten SD as well, I can say that there is literally no point in playing FE1 over FE11. Shadow Dragon in the superior game overall, even if the map design is the same. The QoL features make SD the definitive version, imo.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

As someone who's played the first several chapters of FE1 and beaten SD as well, I can say that there is literally no point in playing FE1 over FE11. Shadow Dragon in the superior game overall, even if the map design is the same. The QoL features make SD the definitive version, imo.

Oh, definitely. I've just heard some people say that FE3>FE12, so maybe that one would be worth a shot-if I did play FE1, it'd just to see how far the series has come.

Edited by Benice

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

I can advocate for TearRing being pretty good too, although I've played a teeny-tiny sample of it.

Narratively, the FE 1-5 mishmash of a plot with a pinch of yet-to-exist FE7 was fine. I did like the world-building, and some of the characters despite the absence of supports and me wanting more of some people (Sierra to name one). And, I wish we got a playable Sennet & Tia campaigns, minus Tia's donkey who gets gelded and is later sent to a glue factory. Gameplay-wise, there were some quirks and imbalances I found fun, Sunflame is my bae. Although a few characters need more polish on their portraits, I liked the graphics and the music was serviceable.

But then there's the map design... and I'm left feeling like that for all my fun units and weapons, they're left with little to effectively use the stuff in an actual challenge. And few maps are just plain bad. Not so much Thracia's nightmares, they're closer Gaiden's travails.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, so, Tales of Xillia 2 update. 

Fuck the battle with

Spoiler

Julius

Fallen Snow is OP on Ludger, and it doesnt change when the opponent uses it. Inescapable 2,000 damage? Sure, okay. Mystic Arte that puts you to 1 hp? Gosh that battle was a pain!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But then there's the map design... and I'm left feeling like that for all my fun units and weapons, they're left with little to effectively use the stuff in an actual challenge. And few maps are just plain bad. Not so much Thracia's nightmares, they're closer Gaiden's travails.

I see, I see! I haven't played enough of TRS to know very well, but the units were all really interesting.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

it's because Kris

If you remove Kris from FE12, it's not that bad. Too bad doing that causes a reset.

Just now, Benice said:

I see, I see! I haven't played enough of TRS to know very well, but the units were all really interesting.

While there were imbalances as there inevitably are, I would say that I did like the units. Raquel was an awesome idea I'd like to see again.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE3 is decent. Hasn't aged the best but it's pretty safe compared to Kaga's other works. I also consider it better than it's remake.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, so, Tales of Xillia 2 update. 

Fuck the battle with

Reveal hidden contents

Julius

Fallen Snow is OP on Ludger, and it doesnt change when the opponent uses it. Inescapable 2,000 damage? Sure, okay. Mystic Arte that puts you to 1 hp? Gosh that battle was a pain!

Moonlight Assault is even worse. It confuses. Enough said.

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I meant more on the other end, hit rates around 8% or so connect way to often against the player. The chapter where you recruit Shannan, every dark mage there hit him and I had to restart. Right away. XD

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry to attempt proselytization, but if you don't mind a 2D beat 'em up (with three difficulty settings you can swap between at any time), consider Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir.

I personally liked it, though the five separate books (which you can't choose the order of unfortunately) are repetitive in terms of enemies and locations if all played back-to-back due to only eight areas, taking a little IRL break between books isn't a bad idea. Also, stick to Refined mode, Classic mode is the gameplay from the PS2 original version and it was criticized, hence the addition of Refined. There may be a demo available, if you're at all interested.

I did hear really good things about that game, and I'm really digging the artstyle. I'm not great at 2D games (but I don't dislike them, either), so I may give this one a shot!
If there's a demo, that would be even better!

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's more of a battle of attrition than anything else. Also, the aforementioned Tutti capacity core can only be stolen from her. You better prepare your anus if you try her on the harder difficulties, as she uses Mystic Artes from your team (and Time Stop). That being said, her most dangerous one is her own: Fragmented End. It can do tens of thousands of damage (on Unknown, over 100,000 damage). You only have 9999 HP at most. The conclusion is obvious.

Well, that's just... peachy.
Ouch...

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bruh

I get the feeling I should work on my jokes a little more. XD

---

Alright, since I didn't play anything yesterday, today will be a gaming day.
Let's see if I can get that PS2 emulator to work.
And I also need to continue in Rune Factory 4 Special and Atelier Sophie.

Edited by DragonFlames

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Moonlight Assault is even worse. It confuses. Enough said.

Yeah that was dumb too.

Falling Snow can also be used to break combos, even in the air... for the enemies, at least. The player cannot use it in the air, which is stupid!