Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You could also store them in a Google Drive if you have a Google account, unless that's what you already had in mind. I have some private files saved in mine.

I don't have one of those. Probably never will, as I don't really trust anyone with my private files but myself.
But thanks for the advice, nonetheless! ^^

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's not a bad idea.

My current means of backup is a USB, but having another copy in Google Drive would be helpful too.

I'm using an external harddrive for backups currently.

My planned strategy is to just copy and paste everything five or six times. That way, if one folder gets corrupted again, I'll have four identical ones left! Hahaha!

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

PSA for everyone that uses Netflix.

I don't know if this is Germany only, but apparently, people have been getting mails from Netflix that ask you to update your Netflix account. Do not click the included links, because the mails are fake!
Here's the relevant article (in German, as this might be Germany/Austria only, but just to be safe):
https://www.heise.de/news/Phishing-Gefaelschte-Netflix-E-Mails-im-Umlauf-4905905.html

^

Thnks, Draggy! I don't use netflix, but it's good to know!

Miklan's map was literally chapter 8 of FE6. This is not a good thing. I'm also kinda mad 'cause Hilda died after she was randomly moved across the map into an archer's range... at least turnwheel is a thing.

The monster mechanic is pretty cool, though!

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mongols? They're not until the 1200s. What happened here?

And why would the Byzantines side with the Abbasids? They should know the Mongols are led by Prester John.

I put the Mongol Invasion game rule to Random. That's the result, pft.

It's due to the Threat mechanic. Every time a character wages war, it adds to their Threat level. Defensive Pacts began to form at 5% threat, usually between same religions. So you can have a Christian Defensive Pact against, a Muslim one, a Pagan one, etc. When Threat passes certain thresholds, they begin to merge. THe current Mongol leader has been waging non-stop, so his threat is so high that there are no individual Defensive Pacts. Just, the one. Both Byzantines and Abbasids were in different ones, but due to the merge, are now pledged to join together against whoever is being attacked also in the pact.

Look at this way, the Mongols are so dangerous and feared they put their Abrahamic differences aside to fight against this outside threat.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Wells that happily ideal -for now. Now if only Khazaria existed in your game (assuming its elite did convert to Judaism). That'd the full Abrahamic unification against the true heathens of Tengrism.

---

*Notices there are PSP versions of Warriors Orochi 1 and 2* 

Hmm... They were also released on PS2 and Xbox 360. I ponder how good the PSP ports were then. However, it's my chance to play as the Dynasty cast in their pre-DW7&8 incarnations, which I'm curious about.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wells that happily ideal -for now. Now if only Khazaria existed in your game (assuming its elite did convert to Judaism). That'd the full Abrahamic unification against the true heathens of Tengrism.

They do. They're most of those yellow areas between the Byzantines and Mongols. The dark areas are a Khazarian revolt. In-fighting. They did not. I got them to convert to Catholicism, actually. They stood strong for a while, but now they're in trouble. They even conquered Bulgaria, but as you can see on the map, they broke free.

On that subject, thanks to doing so much conversions with my current character's father (which included Khazaria), he gained Sainthood.

Been playing the 3D Mario collection this afternoon, and it's actually pretty great. Sunshine and Galaxy look outstanding and 64 doesn't look as bad as it usually does. The controls feel bit strange for 64, but that might just be because I haven't played it in a while. Sunshine controls as amazingly well as I remember it, and Galaxy is also the same, although the menus use forced touch screen controls in Galaxy specifically. Not too happy about that, tbh.

It was worth the buy for me at least, since I don't have a laptop that can emulate either Sunshine or Galaxy at higher res's and in widescreen like the collection can. And portable mode is nice to have as well. Good all around, although I would have preferred something closer to $40-50 in price.

Edited by twilitfalchion

On 9/17/2020 at 5:51 PM, lightcosmo said:

Okay, I finally completed Tales of Xillia 2!

That final boss battle was way easier than the few I did previous to that lol.

Finished at level 68, which was okay, although I wanted to make 70.

Something that I didn't like about the final boss sequence.

Reveal hidden contents

Chronos time stop was kinda BS, as it simply wasted OVL/Any other time based abilities.

Also, he got free Mystic artes since I couldn't move.

I got one game over since I didn't know what was coming the first time (although I should have)

The forced Chromatus against the final boss was cool, though.

You didn't do the bad ending fight, did you? Because it is probably one of the hardest fights in the entire Tales series.

I found 60 € for three (probably good) games alright, especially considering that these games never were offered for less than 20 € each. I might get Odyssey too once it's on sale again, but it will depend on how good I will manage Galaxy. But first my joycon must get fixed. Will contact Nintendo once its service is available.

How to do it?

How to check out if someone switched votes without taking screenshots of all the voters over and over?

Anyways I have taken back my switch to Sephiran and kept my abstention not to "manipulate" the result; means Sephiran is out.

Edited by Julian Teehee

3 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

How to do it?

How to check out if someone switched votes without taking screenshots of all the voters over and over?

Anyways I have taken back my switch to Sephiran and kept my abstention not to "manipulate" the result; means Sephiran is out.

That's the thing. Constant vigilance.

I know quite well there are a few instances of vote switching in previous competitions. I think the most blatant was when complains in the pairings competition led to one match suddenly switching like 3-4 votes to the other choice, making them win despite loosing greatly at the beginning.

Also, you can notice if the numbers changed, but the number of voters didn't. Then, since you can see who voted when, you can easily spot who did it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I mean it doesn't bother me, if people switch their vote(s).

My vote to abstention already means that I (dis)like both people equally. So if there's a chance for a tie, then I would take the opportunity what I did (wanted to do since I resetted my switch).

If it's requested, I can ask people to keep their vote (or vote very close to the end), but I can't keep controlling all the votes since I'm not here all the time. If people care so much about it, they must do it on their own. Of course if they see irregularities, they can inform me and I will react. But that's the only one thing I can do 

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sunshine controls as amazingly well as I remember it,

I never realized how fluid (heh) Sunshine's movement was when I was younger. Feels so good to control that I can forgive the occasional jank.

Lowkey, Sunshine has better movement than Odyssey. Sure, Odyssey has more movement options but the simplicity of Sunshine's movement combined with how fast Mario is in the game makes me prefer it more.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

although the menus use forced touch screen controls in Galaxy specifically. Not too happy about that, tbh.

Oh that's how it is in handheld? That's pretty cringe. Even more reason to exclusively play Galaxy docked. I feel bad for all the Switch Lite users.

Yay, I finally got a new profile pic-An uncomfortably zoomed in portrait of a bad unit from Berwick!

But hey, I guess my member title has a pun now, so it was worth it.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OMG, pft, HAHAHAHA...

Hey, someone gets the pun! Yay!

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess Florina got a long run, huh.

I mean, I don't like Florina THAT much, she's just hard carried my ironman thus far, so she felt worthy of the praise.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So you don't give credit?

Come back when you're a little....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...Sober!

Actually, that one's probably too obscure for anyone to get. Oh well.

Also, good morning, everyone! I hope you're all having a nice day!

Fun fact: in the German versions of the Legend of Zelda games, Rupees actually ARE called "Rubies" ("Rubine", which is the plural of "Rubin", which translates to "Ruby"), soooo... that one meme-y shopkeeper from the CDi games wasn't technically wrong in his terminology. XD