Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

On 9/20/2020 at 7:57 AM, lightcosmo said:

and here's me getting leveled by a blizzard attack even though it's far over already!

Reveal hidden contents

56f97c53d33840c710d5bfd550613dc2.png

As you can see the blizzard/snow effect across the screen and my teammates laying all over the field.

Geez, that thing needs to calm down.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Eleanor gave chocoloate to Aluche, then a very triumphant orchestral version of Lucia started playing. And Aluche says this:
Pig1QTA.jpg

And then, when Eleanor is understandably weirded out by her and asks Camilla for help, the cold-hearted researcher has this to say in return:
yFjhjD1.jpg

lmao

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Eleanor gave chocoloate to Aluche, then a very triumphant orchestral version of Lucia started playing. And Aluche says this:
Pig1QTA.jpg

And then, when Eleanor is understandably weirded out by her and asks Camilla for help, the cold-hearted researcher has this to say in return:
yFjhjD1.jpg

lmao

oh my god XD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Choice of ships? Less so

Yup. Almost every popular ship destroyed, and almost all confirmed ships are Yikes.

Astrid x UselessGuy is extra Yikes

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yay!

nothing as grand as last time XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yup. Almost every popular ship destroyed, and almost all confirmed ships are Yikes.

Astrid x UselessGuy is extra Yikes

Agreed on everything said here.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

nothing as grand as last time XD

Still great!
Inspiration, no matter how small, is a good thing, I'd say!
I should probably get to writing down my own ideas, small and fragmented as they may be for now.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

oh my god XD

It's one of the funniest scenes in the game for me.
Right up there with "Lilysse's cupcakes kill fiends" scene from the first game. XD

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Nice! XD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Inspiration, no matter how small, is a good thing, I'd say!

Bow Lord Mercenary girl and Spear lord prince dude

who are on opposite ofc.

More Details later if anyone is interested XD

So now that i'm finally replaying Sunshine with a more critical eye (since i couldn't do that when i was younger), here's my thoughts so far.

• The core gameplay is very smooth. Like i said before, i think Sunshine has better movement than Odyssey.
  • On the flip side, Odyssey has better level variety. As far as level design goes, i feel like both are equal but Sunshine's focus on it's tropical island theming is both a blessing and a curse. 
  • Sunshine's OST is kinda weak ngl. It's not 3D Land levels of weak but a lot of the songs just blend together. Apart from Delfino Island and secret level themes, Sunshine's OST does not reach the memorable heights of the Galaxy games, 64 and Odyssey. Hell, even 3D World has a better OST imo.
33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

EicuUH_XYAAN2ws.png

xD

IntSys moment.

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though this might be connected to the fact that I did have Spora with me for this fight... and Spora's special skill was enough to take out one entire health bar on its own. Keep in mind, I am still playing on Extreme difficulty.

Man, if i were you, i'd keep Spora. On the highest difficulty, i'd take anything i can get to win.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I know it was the result of the localization but i still think about how PoR baited Ike x Elincia and then RD said nah.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Bow Lord Mercenary girl and Spear lord prince dude

who are on opposite ofc.

More Details later if anyone is interested XD

I am!

Just now, Armagon said:

Man, if i were you, i'd keep Spora. On the highest difficulty, i'd take anything i can get to win.

I was thinking that, too.
Then I saw how much Spora trivializes everything, including that boss, and I said to myself "maybe to keep the challenge up, I shouldn't use it".
But I will definitely keep it as a last resort should things go south. And they certainly can, seeing what's still coming...
The final boss is rough even on Easy. XD

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Men of culture ship Ike x Lethe

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's always a gamble for localization to stray from what it is meant to be.

One never knows when it might come to bite them back... *looks at Pokémon as an example*

Because of Mr. Mime, right?

If Fire Emblem was self-aware.
- by Draggy

Scene: betrayal of a friend, lord and friend are in a castle and friend gets sentimental and offers the lord a chance to flee.

*arrow flies past the lord*
Lord: "Please, friend, we can talk this out!"
Friend: "For the last time, we're through! Now run away! Next time, I won't miss!"
Lord: "Yes, you will."
Friend: "What?"
Lord: "Yes, you will. You have an 85 hit rate with that bow. My avoid is 90, therefore, you can't hit me, now matter how many times you shoot..."
Friend: "CURSE YOU, BAD SKILL GROWTH!!!!!"
Lord: "Also, your bow just broke. And I gave you only that one before the map started, so..."
Friend: "Damn it!"
Lord: "Now, come back with me!" *uses Capture command*
Friend: "Wait, how'd you even--?!?"
Lord: "Shut up, you will be one of the strongest enemy units later on, and I don't want to deal with that!"

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Because of Mr. Mime, right?

That works, but I was thinking more on Brock's mother in the anime.

"Okay, so, both of Brock's parents abandoned them, and we can't show that to the kids. The father at least remained closed by and kept an eye on them, but the mother seems to have truly left. I know, let's just say she died. It's not like she's actually going to show up, right?"

Right?

Now, to be fair, this happened several years and hundreds of episodes later... BUT, you'd think the dubbers would've realized that it was still very possible for her to have shown up as early as the same season. That was such a big change they were doing, after all.

Okay, maybe that wasn't their reasoning... but they still made the change, and should've been aware that it could clash with what would happen later on.

Edited by Acacia Sgt