Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Today on Shrimpy tries japanese SRPG games

ZV2DDs0.png

strong Axe Lord is strong

From what i played a little of that game, it's apparently called ''Self proclamed Hero'' (or so goes google), and the maps are B I G. But unlike FE4, where you spend 90% of the time just walking, the enemy compisition seems to be fine here. Maps also seem decent, so far, and it plays surprisingly fast.

Also Magic system is a bit different, where tomes with WTA over the other deal effective damage. Actually like this change.

Also support bonuses are huggggge.

would've prefered though if i didn't have to deal with a desert map that took me 55 turns to clear.... Even if the 55 turns only took me an hour.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Instead of playing Tales of Xillia 2, I decided to play some KH3 for a while and try to actually get a platinum trophy finally.

I've put it off long enough now so it's time to complete that. Getting 100% completion in KH games is always a pain. So, wish me luck!

Best of luck to you! ^^

---

In Nights of Azure 2, I decided to proceed with the main story only after clearing all the quests for Chapter 5...
Which is a BIG mistake if it's your first playthrough, because after you reach the Red Altar in Eurulm, the game sends you to four different locations to collect different items you need to be able to reach the next dungeon. But let's take this from the top, shall we?
So, I reach the Red Altar and look who decided to show up again!
uni4tt7.jpg

Yep, Joe is back and he's... still the same boss as before (he even looks the same despite all claims to the contrary, lmao).
In any case, I beat him rather easily despite all the flunkies he has around him... which honestly surprised me, because I am still playing on Extreme difficulty. I did not have Spora with me, either.
In any case, defeating him should reset the Azure Moon's waning, as is usually the case at the end of a chapter, right?
... Not this time. Because Chapter 5 is far from over.

In any case, Aluche finds the "Red Altar", upon which Christophorus stands and tells her that the information about the Red Altar was fake. All she wanted was to lure Aluche into a secluded part of the city to talk to her in private.
zWmy9uY.jpg

"Gotcha!" ~ Christophorus

However, she is nice enough to let Aluche know that in order to reach the Moon Place, where Malvasia resides, we need to summon a Ghost Ship that will take us there. And to summon that ghost ship, we need to find the fragments of the Memory Mirror that are hidden across the game's world, each fragment in a different place: two in the city this scene takes place in - that you can grab immediately if you know where to look -, one in the forest (remember that gravestone I showed before... yeah, a fragment of that mirror rests there), one in the former Imperial academy, and another in the hidden laboratory in the abandoned mine. When all five are found, Christophorus will put them together to form the Memory Mirror.
And each time you find one, Christophorus appears and tells a story connected to the fragment in question.
The contents of each fragment's tale are as follows (I'll just let the game do the talking here, the in-game encyclopedia is useful!):
s61HBwW.jpgfizBxa4.jpgKxbBXO0.jpg5GHUSse.jpgXhAQQXw.jpg

Fun times, eh?
Anyway, so far, I have found only two of the five fragments (you can track them down in any order you wish, but the order in which I posted the story here should be the chronologically accurate order), but the encyclopedia carries over to each new playthrough, so... for convience's sake, I just compiled the information right here.
Oh, and said "demon" all this is talking about?

Spoiler

mGwHW7H.jpg

None other than the Moon Queen Malvasia herself. My favorite antagonist and final boss in a video game.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Should I try to recruit Gareth and Nasir, or just defeat them like the others?

Gareth dies the moment something magical so much as sneezes in his general direction and Nasir isn't very good either, from what I remember.
If you want them to join you, they need to survive the map. You can't recruit them manually, sadly.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, okay. Thanks.

No problem! ^^
But you can just leave them alive and see for yourself, too. For example, if I recall correctly, Nasir has Nihil, which might be useful if you take it off him and put it on someone else, so there is merit in at least leaving him standing.

Edited by DragonFlames

42 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RECCRUIT THEM RECRUIT THEM RECRUIT THEM BOTH ARE REALLY IMPORTANT

Gareth isn't actually in any danger, (for the last map, he's pointless in Rebirth 4) as long as someone else has prvoke, and blood tide, comined with Ena's blood tide, can give +10 to attack for several units.

Nasir's white pool skill is also the only way to double the auras unless Astrid capped speed for you. He's also important.

51 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Cue awesome magic battle theme!

👌

45 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Recruit. The only real answer

Just recruited this guy:
SVcVfI5.jpg

He can transform into a shield that can protect you from physical damage completely when you guard (instead of regular guarding, which only cuts damage). Pretty useful, I'd say.
I haven't used him that often, but now that I'm not using Spora, I guess this guy will be a necessity from now on!
His name? Dampf.
A.k.a. the German word for steam. Y'all need to pay me for your games now. XD

Okay. I have only three dragons left. Gareth, Nasir, and Dheginsea.

The rest of them have shifted back to human form. I can approach Dheginsea with Ike, Giffca, Tibarn, and Caineghis on the next turn. I also have Leanne in the back to use galdr if necessary. Should the four of them be enough to take Dheginsea down in one go?

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Okay. I have only three dragons left. Gareth, Nasir, and Dheginsea.

The rest of them have shifted back to human form. I can approach Dheginsea with Ike, Giffca, Tibarn, and Caineghis on the next turn. I also have Leanne in the back to use galdr if necessary. Will the four of them be enough to take Dheginsea down in one go?

Should be enough, I think.

I actually don't disagree with that.
Especially considering anyone with a weak resistance stat could be dead meat in 4 and 5, whereas in 3, you can keep them away from the white dragons and only have them fight red ones.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I know people might disagree, but i find R;b 4 and 5 way harder than 3

Really? I can sorta agree on RB: 5, as I lost quite a few units, (partially because I couldn't understand Ashera's attacks, but it is a otugh map all the same) but I found RB:4 to be one of the easiest in the game. I probably would have two-turned it, were it not for the spirits having the guard skill but not showing it.

I liked RB 4, though. I just found it to be quite easy and simple.

Edited by Benice