Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Benice said:

Bro, no need to bend over backwards to make me happy. I mean, if you really want to, go ahead. Just don't do it if you don't want to! Uh, but if you do, definitely and totally happy to help!

Nah, homebrew doesn’t take that much time to set up at all. Depending on when I can get to it, I might know if it’ll work by tomorrow afternoon.

And thanks for offering advice and help with the game.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The Tempura Wizard from Kid Icarus Uprising came to mind after seeing this.

True, they'd eat that up, as they would these.:

Screen-Shot-2020-09-29-at-11-29-08-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2020-09-29-at-11-31-52-PM.pn

Sillago Tempura and Tempura Udon with shrimp.

Images taken from Muramasa: The Demon Blade. The devs liked food, and so they made it eating charming, plus it provides the Spirit needed to forge new swords (and you need Soul from killing enemies too).

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man this girl is good

Sylvis is busted, yeah. Although her really good starting equipment paints her in a very good light as well-If Sherlock joined with stuff like this...

Well, he'd still not be great. But he'd be much better.

Oh, two things:

Battle cry-The boss has this. Fully charged, it is basically a free OHKO with 100% hit. However, the battle cry's effect is gone after ANY combat, not just one where the enemy can counter or takes damage, even. Adel tossing a pilum does the trick.

Most events, (such as the Pajuta grass citizen request) that are on houses with shiny rooves, (like, the wooden shack ones) require a unit with the search skill to visit. The one here doesn't, for some reason. Notably, you will really want Pajuta grass for Atelier Lumiere and Danton. Oh, and searching a house can't get your unit killed. They will be reduced to 1hp, but they won't die.

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nah, homebrew doesn’t take that much time to set up at all. Depending on when I can get to it, I might know if it’ll work by tomorrow afternoon.

And thanks for offering advice and help with the game.

Oh, okay! I'll be busy until...About...Six PM, your time? I'll be free until about noon for you, though, so PM me at any time, but be aware that I may not get there right away.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice After i let Czene talk with Reese, should i let her retreat?

Nah. I mean, you can, but there's no reason to if she's not in danger. (Btw, there's nothing wrong with having Reese talk to the other two as well, but you need Czene's talk for her to appear as a playable because...Well, this girl gets special treatment from Kaga.)

Don't forget to use best girl Faye!

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nah. I mean, you can, but there's no reason to if she's not in danger. (Btw, there's nothing wrong with having Reese talk to the other two as well, but you need Czene's talk for her to appear as a playable because...Well, this girl gets special treatment from Kaga.)

Btw, i hope it's not a problem if i let Czene initiate the talk event

Special treatment huh

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Oh, okay! I'll be busy until...About...Six PM, your time? I'll be free until about noon for you, though, so PM me at any time, but be aware that I may not get there right away.

Thanks. This might work, it might not. But it's the best shot at making the game work, so here's hoping.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, i hope it's not a problem if i let Czene initiate the talk event

No, not at all. Also, fun fact, most talk events can also be initiated by attacking as well-This can be exploited a lot for the final part of Esteban's character arc.

You can't not use the cut lass with the cutlass.

581eDoE.jpg

You can't.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Adept adept adept adept adept

I love this girl as a unit. So much fun. She can reach, like, 60% chance to adept too.

(She really is only as good as the cutlass is, but still. I love her, and SKILL PROMOTED FAYE HAS's animation is so gorgeous in this game...)

Oh frick, that might be a spoiler.

Edited by Benice

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

An update to my old computer (stupid me) means if I'm lucky it'll take 20 minutes to boot up now, thats pretty bad (and I need to get all my old photos and other stuff off that hard drive) The problem with my new computer is that I was using an old PS3 controller for emulation, and that requires a USB port to establish the initial connection, a port whose shape isn't found in my new computer. Playing Dynasty Warriors with a keyboard? No. I could use my Switch Pro Controller, but I'd rather save that for the Switch, I don't want to press that hard-to-press "reset connection" button again and again to swap between Switch and emulation.

Part of me wants to get a second computer, a PC this time, to function as an emulation machine + a tiny bit of Steam use. But shelling out the cash for that and a controller? That kills the desire. Understanding technobabble so as to find a PS2-emulation capable computer that'd be even more money and unfashionably big? That grinds the corpse of the wanting into a very fine dust that sinks to the bottom of the sea.

Bold: That is what has made me stay away from playing many action games on emulators.
As for the rest, those are very understandable reasons for not wanting to continue with WO1. I probably would have a similar train of thought.

Thank 3H for that I guess? I don't know much in the way of Persian/Iranian history, but it does seem very interesting, everything from the Achaemenids to the Safavids that is (the modern country is ...tricky).

I don't know much about it, either, unfortunately, because the classes I visited never touched on it in detail.
I only know about the war elephants in Persia through a seminar on Alexander the Great, when I was still studying history.

What I most recently read of them is that the Sassanid dynasty seems to have embraced Zoroastrianism as the state religion unlike prior dynasties for proto-nationalistic reasons. They said goodbye to the foreign Hellenistic culture of the Seleucids and Parthians and returned to the native traditions, fire temples are the abode of true Persians! This included the persecution of early Christians because Christianity came from the evil Roman Empire and Christians were suspected of being spies for Rome, despite Rome persecuting Christianity in the first century or so of Sassanid rule. Although Rome eventually adopted Christianity, the Sassanids curtailed their persecution of Christians (with periodic upswings of violence and the government carefully overseeing the elite Christian clergy), mostly because when the Sassanids got strong and or Rome/Byzantium got weak, the need for an internal enemy to scapegoat went away.

Huh. That is very interesting! Thanks for the info!

Because everyone is talking about their favourite JRPGs and my madness has abated for the nounce, I'll throw my hat in the ring. Valkyrie Profile: Coveant of the Plume, play it! 

Edited by Wraith

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

13e.gif

:Nepgyaface:
I was making a joke about how Wraith said "everyone" was talking about their favorite JRPGs, when I haven't talked about mine in two or three days now.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I was making a joke about how Wraith said "everyone" was talking about their favorite JRPGs, when I haven't talked about mine in two or three days now.

Ah, my bad then.

once again fails to tell the difference between a joke and a serious comment

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Ah, my bad then.

once again fails to tell the difference between a joke and a serious comment

No worries! I can see how it could be taken seriously, though, so it's my bad!
Should've probably made it clear that I was joking!

Edited by DragonFlames