Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

when were green units ever smart?

True, but since FoW is actually fair, it would have been nice from Green units too.

Ooh, by the way, you can see which of your units are hidden by the fog by pressing...I think it's default set to shift?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Ooh, by the way, you can see which of your units are hidden by the fog by pressing...I think it's default set to shift?

Wait i can't see my own units in the fog?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Those friggin' angels...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait i can't see my own units in the fog?

Nononono, the enemy can't see you the same way you can't see them-They're blind as well until you enter their line of vision. (They do still try to find you, though.) You can't tell so much in Ruby and Arthur's map, but in the other FoW, it has a big effect.

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nononono, the enemy can't see you the same way you can't see them-They're blind as well until you enter their line of vision. (They do still try to find you, though.) You can't tell so much in Ruby and Arthur's map, but in the other FoW, it has a big effect.

ah ok, good. Phew xD

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Blessing on my ears, because this song is friggin' amazing.
And PTSD, because remembering certain things...
Stamp273.png

X

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice @Saint Rubenio Is Faye's Cutlass the only one she gets? Or does she get another one?

Because without it she seems quite a bit weak

It's the only cutlass she gets, but she also gets a very strong prf very late into the game, and the cutlass can be repaired. (Well, she can also use the Cutlass+ later on if you get her to a high enough level, since high levels bypass the prf status.) Give Faye some time, though-She gets lots of skill and speed, (mostly the former) so her offensive capabilities will continually increase as adept rates go up.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also is there a way to heal horses (outside of horse lover skill)?

Nope. Well, technically there is a horse who grants the horse lover skill temporarily, but sadly no.

Oh, on the topic of horses-Once you return 'em to the stables, you cannot get them back. That is permanently retiring the horse.

And also, figured I should mention provoke as a status.

1. When someone like Elbert uses prvoke, there are a few enemies it own't work on-Ones that are stationary, and ones that are set to follow a path/are set on a route. Otherwise, once provoked, they are obligated to try to for the prvoking unit, although I've seen enemies attack randomly once provoked if the provoker isn't in range? I think that this is a glitch, though.
  2. Some enemies have the hidden Fury skill, which means that they'll be provoked after getting attacked-You can see 'em glowing red. The provoke status then works more or less the same way.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm afraid not. Make sure to deploy Christine at least once before finishing a chapter!

Problem is, i benched her xD

3 minutes ago, Benice said:
  1. Some enemies have the hidden Fury skill, which means that they'll be provoked after getting attacked-You can see 'em glowing red. The provoke status then works more or less the same way.

Thanks for the info!

Btw, how do promotions work in this game, and what are the promo requirements for Ruby?

Once you return 'em to the stables, you cannot get them back. That is permanently retiring the horse.

Can i atleast change who rides which horse?

Also i currently have that Stallion horse i got from the Bow boss, does that mean i should give the horse to someone before the chapter ends, or is it ok if i don't give the horse to anyone for now?

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, how do promotions work in this game

Every unit is different, but generally it is either level 10, three  weapon type requirements at 20 apiece, level 10, 20/30 weapon skill for two weapons and level 15 with 30 wep. skill for main type.* Some units also have special events, and one unit has to get enough magic before she promotes.

And some cannot promote-Axel, for example.

Ruby must be level 10, and have 20/20/20 sShield/sword/spear skill, which she will get with realative ease. She is a growth unit for sure.

*Esteban is the exception to this, he doesn't need to raise his dagger skill, so he is basically treated as if he has one weapon type.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Every unit is different, but generally it is either level 10, three  weapon type requirements at 20 apiece, level 10, 20/30 weapon skill for two weapons and level 15 with 30 wep. skill for main type.* Some units also have special events, and one unit has to get enough magic before she promotes.

And some cannot promote-Axel, for example.

This reminds me of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth were each Digimon must fulfill certain stat requirements beyond being a certain level before they can evolve further.
Interesting...

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This reminds me of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth were each Digimon must fulfill certain stat requirements beyond being a certain level before they can evolve further.
Interesting...

Nice. 

Oh, and as I mentioned earlier, Czene gets special treatment-she needs to have all of her events viewed and to have level 10, 'das it.

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Problem is, i benched her xD

You're two chapters into the game. With how relatively unimportant stats are in Berwick, it shouldn't be a problem if she missed out on a map or three.

51 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Can i atleast change who rides which horse?

Also i currently have that Stallion horse i got from the Bow boss, does that mean i should give the horse to someone before the chapter ends, or is it ok if i don't give the horse to anyone for now?

I'm afraid you can't change that. People just love their horses and won't give them up. You can, however, wait on those horses you have in reserve. They'll remain in the stables forever.

55 minutes ago, Benice said:

Otherwise, once provoked, they are obligated to try to for the prvoking unit, although I've seen enemies attack randomly once provoked if the provoker isn't in range? I think that this is a glitch, though.

You make it sound like it's an unreliable and broken skill. 99.99% of the time, it works as intended. In my three runs of the game, I've only seen it glitch out once, and I'm pretty sure it was due to those particular enemies' wonky AI, not Provoke itself.

So yeah @Shrimperor, use Provoke, it's awesome.