• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why Kirby has always had a ton of little spinoff games eludes me. Mario and Pokemon I get, Zelda historically has had almost none, and Kirby isn't exactly the equal of the Nintendo Trinity.

Most of the Kirby spin-offs these days are free-to-play.

6 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

King Arthur wasn't killed by Bretons, he was a Breton (kinda). The French must have been confusing them with the Saxons

Unrelated but one of the funniest things about the Michael Bay Transformers movies is that King Arthur teams up with a giant dragon Transformer to fight the Saxons. England still exists which means that Arthur had a giant dragon Transformer on his side and still lost.

Just say he was Romano-Briton, or Proto-Welsh.

Well, that was a lot to go through, phew. Chapter 6 done! Will continue tomorrow.

47 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

On higher difficulties, winning is really difficult without Death Scream. Dunno if those were overlooks or just Falcom being Falcom.

Hmm, it wouldn't surprise me, heh. Still, I had the Emergency Puppet from FC-transfer as a fail safe, just in case...

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unrelated but one of the funniest things about the Michael Bay Transformers movies is that King Arthur teams up with a giant dragon Transformer to fight the Saxons. England still exists which means that Arthur had a giant dragon Transformer on his side and still lost.

I mean, Transformer or not, if your foe is George the DRAGONslayer...

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Most of the Kirby spin-offs these days are free-to-play.

Nowadays, yeah. Certainly an off-putting change for me.

Yet, in the earlier days, got: Pinball Land, Dream Course, the Puyo Pop radical localization called Kirby's Avalanche, Block Ball, Star Stacker, Tilt n' Tumble, then Air Ride, and Canvas Curse, and Mass Attack (and Epic Yarn if you want to count that thing which didn't begin development as Kirby, and was only later turned into a Kirby game). For a second-tier Nintendo franchise, when compared to the others, it's surprisingly a lot. Not as much as Mario and Pokemon, but a seemingly solid third place.

Maybe it's b/c cuteness and unseriousness? Zelda and Metroid, while not devoid of experimentation, aren't as silly free to be wild as Mario-Pokemon-Kirby.

First Best Buy, now Target...

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe it's b/c cuteness and unseriousness?

That's definitely it. And those spin-offs also sell too. Zelda's few tries with spin-offs generally did not take off, even if Tingle has a whole trilogy.

Granted, we have the Hyrule Warriors but that's it's own tier.

GKZ1x6O.png

Red Garden bait, eh, Nasu?

Dz1o8NS.png
YBzRxd7.png

o7 o7 o7 o7 o7 o7

Shrimpy.grin

After all the suffering, our heroes finally arrived at Dawn. The Herald of a new day. Of a new adventure. Of more trouble, suffering...and memories.

Bro they even one up'd UBW with this ending, wth Nasu

yrDaSnJ.png

Same, Ciel!

Even if i think some stuff was kinda ? at the every end, i am quite satisfied.

Not to mention, Ciel finally got some justice!

EjWF9TA.png

Go back to the original ending, cat xD

There's a reason it was such a fucking meme xD

Z0jsVaW.png

o7

uSWDne7.png

So how long you making us wait for Red Garden? Because there're still alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of plot points open, alot of them exclusive to the remake, even.

And how are you planning to one up Ciel True anyway? You can't have the 2nd route be the most epic of them, even if the far side routes are more on the mystery side (Althought Ciel remake satisfied mystery aplenty as well).

...Is it the Satsuki Route? Is that where they are putting in the Grand Finale? Because Ciel Route did have that Grand Finale of a VN vibe.

Nasu cooked. He fucking cooked and i don't know how he plans to cook a better dish.

And 4 routes still to go...i hope they are shorter lol.

Although, even if Ciel route was like 60% longer than Arc's, i felt the pacing there was much better than Arc's. Dunno if because it was massively revamped or if it's really pacing and Arc suffering from classic 1st syndrome while being faithful to the original as well.

RnTxn3h.png

o7

It was worth!

P2SbqWX.png
61PntaW.png

That's all folks!

Until Red Garden

Edited by Shrimpica

On 4/16/2024 at 11:43 PM, Armagon said:

Kirby Super Star Ultra is pretty good.

It's good that you enjoyed it.

As an aside, KSSU also marked the beginnings of this fellow:

KSSU_Bandana_Waddle_Dee_Portrait_1.png

Technically he was in the original Super Star as an opponent in Megaton Punch, but Ultra was Bandana Waddle Dee's first "real" appearance as a character. He was an instant hit with me and my friend group, and we were happy when he was included in Return to Dream Land.

22 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Does The Glorious runs three times faster, I wonder...

The mira Ouroboros got from... somewhere was clearly well spent.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For a second-tier Nintendo franchise, when compared to the others, it's surprisingly a lot.

It's probably because a) Kirby is HAL Laboratory's flagship franchise and b) HAL has enough resources to actually make spinoffs. IS theoretically could but they're split between FE, Paper Mario, and WarioWare.

How many games a series gets mostly depends on if it has a dedicated development team. Nintendo EPD has eleven such teams, though we don't know what No. 1 and No. 7 work on. This feels like I'm talking about a mysterious anime evil organization. Donkey Kong in particular doesn't have a dedicated developer, hence why there hasn't been a new game since Tropical Freeze.