Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On 7/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, DragonFlames said:

I'm listening!

❤️

I've really grown to love Byleth x Lysithea. I still like Marianne a lot (my first S-support), but her ending with Byleth is the only one I know of that actually saves Lysi from her shortened lifespan, and their interactions are just too sweet.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, DragonFlames said:

I tried wine before, but... results weren't exactly, well, good (still the same issues with black screen etc.). Linux is a fickle beast sometimes.
I'll just have to wait for a rerelease of the games. Thanks for looking out for me, though!

No problem at all, just thought it'd be something of use to you.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:42 PM, Shrimperor said:

Have fun & enjoy the best MC in existence (no bias)

Thanks! Is there anything in particular I should know going in?

Edited by twilitfalchion

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is there anything in particular I should know going in?

1. The game takes it's time until it really gets going. Instead it uses it's time to setup the world and develop it's characters

2. Talk to everyone. Every single last one of them

3. Check the bracer notebook for gameplay help. The Quartz systen can be a bit confusing at first, but it's all explained there (you can also ask us ;))

Just now, Shrimperor said:

1. The game takes it's time until it really gets going. Instead it uses it's time to setup the world and develop it's characters

2. Talk to everyone. Every single last one of them

3. Check the bracer notebook for gameplay help. The Quartz systen can be a bit confusing at first, but it's all explained there (you can also ask us ;))

Thanks! 👍

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I tried wine before, but... results weren't exactly, well, good.

*Finishes 5th bottle of whiskey*
Oh come on DragonFlames....drinking isn’t so baaaaaaaadddddd.........

*Collapses onto the table, which then gives way and crashes to the floor*

Edited by Wraith

Just now, Wraith said:

*Finishes 5th bottle of whiskey*
Oh come on DragonFlames....drinking isn’t so baaaaaaaadddddd.........

*Collapses onto the table, which then gives way and crashes to the floor*

Not that kind of wine, my spectral friend.

EhnbVRp.jpg

Potentially seeing the criminal underworld through the eyes of mutated Clone mercenaries during the early days of the Galactic Empire has me intrigued.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks! Is there anything in particular I should know going in?

Confuse is absolutely busted in this game. It even works on most bosses. Use this to your advantage, it's the only time in the series where status effects are actually useful in boss fights.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

D737A040-785A-44E7-A8FC-BBD071FCAE52.jpeg.47e79e30e661d1702af97e2e10165368.jpeg

❤️

I've really grown to love Byleth x Lysithea. I still like Marianne a lot (my first S-support), but her ending with Byleth is the only one I know of that actually saves Lysi from her shortened lifespan, and their interactions are just too sweet.

There are others, but I like her ending with Byleth the most out of all of them.
In general, her S-support with Byleth is the most heartwarming. At least to me. ❤️

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

👍👍👍
Amazing theme! And I see the Purple Heart picture that got me into Nep is there, too.

---

So, I just got my first ending for Fate Extella Link. I... am honestly surprised it was over so soon. But the stage select screen shows me that there are at least two more to go through and I haven't unlocked every Servant yet, so I'm not done with the game yet.
But I have picked my "main" character. Originally, I wanted to try out as many characters as I could because I had the freedom to do so, but a certain girl that a good friend of mine really likes made a compelling argument in her favor. Not only by just being the best character in the Fate series, but also because she has the best move in the series.
tTGZXKD.jpg

Unlimited Blade Works, Gate of Babylon, and Vasavi Shakti have nothing on the Polygamist Castration Fist
(even if it is called the Polygamist Castration Attack here. Friggin' hell, localizers!)

I used it as the final hit on the final boss, which is the best kind of finish I can imagine.

Speaking of the final boss and such, they really cut down on the dialogue for this one. The first game had 20 minutes of cutscene for every 20 minutes of gameplay, this game focuses a lot more on gameplay than on story, which is probably why Extella Link's story feels more streamlined and perhaps even basic compared to the first Extella's. Whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing I will only evaluate once I've seen every other ending, as well.

So far, the game's still going strong. Let's hope it can keep that up!

best thing to come out of Action U tbh

It gave me the urge to actually play that game, ngl.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Happy Caster noises

Even without that attack, she's really fun to play as and most of her lines are just straight up gold. XD

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Even without that attack, she's really fun to play as and most of her lines are just straight up gold. XD

mikon!

Kore wa kore, sore wa sore.

*mana transfar intensifies*

That wasn't even Tamamo's raunchiest line, believe it or not.

That scene in Fate/Extra was funny, too.
Rani: "Absolutely no peeking, Hakuno!" (I assume Rin does the same if you pick her. I watched a Rani route playthrough)
Hakuno: *peeks anyway*