• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also

20200714_044647.jpg

PTSD

I know this is gonna sound funny, but I think its weird how I order all my offensive arts on the right side, and I see most others do it the other way around. I feel left out now.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I know this is gonna sound funny, but I think its weird how I order all my offensive arts on the right side, and I see most others do it the other way around. I feel left out now.

It depends on character for me xD

Like with Sharla for example, i have offense on the right and support on the left.

With Reyn i have Aggro stuff on the right and attack/aura stuff on the left.

Alright! Got that Dracoshield. Ended up using all the Turnwheel's uses... because I kept beating Slayde without intending to. In the end I had him baited with Tobin wielding a Longbow (so no counter) with Silque healing and backed with a Blessed Ring. I'll admit, I got lucky since Alm scored a crit while using Foudroyant with the Lightning Blade. I wasn't expecting for then Slayde to be the one running away after, but he was the last enemy standing in a rout map anyway.

I suppose there's just visiting Zofia Castle to fully finish Act I... I'll leave that for another day.

Nearly done with Tales of Berseria. I'm just wrapping up some of the character sidequests before i head off to the final battle.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

20200714_044647.jpg

PTSD

PTSD?

Oh by the way, you do have Expert Mode turned on, right? Bonus EXP is very good and and as a reminder, if you feel overleveled, you can always delevel with Expert Mode. Expert Mode is a misleading name btw, it doesn't actually make the game hard.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Like with Sharla for example, i have offense on the right and support on the left.

I think the only character where i actually set the Arts a certain way was with Riki. I put all his debuff Arts on the right side.

Gotta say though, it does feel weird seeing Shulk's Arts rearranged. Some of the Time Attack battles messed me up because Shulk had a different Art order than the default.

Edited by Armagon

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nearly done with Tales of Berseria. I'm just wrapping up some of the character sidequests before i head off to the final battle.

Post game is quite big ;)

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

PTSD?

Trails in the Sky

Spoiler

Penguin boss

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh by the way, you do have Expert Mode turned on, right?

Nope xD

Maybe i should hmmm

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Some of the Time Attack battles messed me up because Shulk had a different Art order than the default.

Ugh don't remind me. I did that one time attack and my arts were all out of order during it and it was super annoying

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

You know how folks tout Xenoblade as a JRPG that got the MMO treatment and delivered? Well the point I'm gonna make isn't related to that (lol).

It was common practice for me to use combat arts/skills on the left side of the screen (buffs on the right side) when I was still playing those games (cough, P2W, err, F2P games, cough) years ago. I find myself orienting every character in XBDE in reverse. I wonder why.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Post game is quite big 😉

Neat. I do like this game so nice to see there's more content waiting for me.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Post game is quite big 😉

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Spoiler

Why did that penguin have so much HP lmao. I still remember my first playthrough where everyone died except Zin and he was the sole reason i won.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe i should hmmm

Highly recommend. With it turned on, all the EXP you get from anything that isn't battles gets stockpiled and you can pull from that stockpile to raises yourself a few levels. Really useful if you're underleveled and need to shoot up some levels.

You can also use it to cheese EXP by lowering the levels of party members and then fighting enemies higher-leveled than them (though do note that there's only so much EXP that can be gained from any single enemy).

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ugh don't remind me. I did that one time attack and my arts were all out of order during it and it was super annoying

I do wish you could change them around prior to the fight. Actually, just being able to change your setup in general for Time Attack. Like, i know there's the free option but the restrictive option feels too restrictive. Xenoblade 2's Challenge Mode also had restrictive conditions but you still had the liberty in what setup you wanted to be in. 

Time Attack is neat and all but it's essentially just a diet version of Xenoblade 2's Challenge Mode.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

ukWl3TO.png
Glad you're enjoying it! ^^

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Best boss theme in the series imo. The vocals elevate this for me.

Vocals in a boss theme tend to make that theme (and usually even the fight itself) that much more impactful, for lack of a better word.
Obligatory Lucia shoutout.

---

ju8DqdF.jpg

Uuuh... send help?

Edited by DragonFlames

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Vocals in a boss theme tend to make that theme (and usually even the fight itself) that much more impactful, for lack of a better word.
Obligatory Lucia shoutout.

I find it works even when the vocal version is created later by fans. Example...

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I always put my offence arts on the right side, for every character. It's a bit easier to remember that way. I also have to Monado arts in specific spots every playthrough.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do wish you could change them around prior to the fight. Actually, just being able to change your setup in general for Time Attack. Like, i know there's the free option but the restrictive option feels too restrictive. Xenoblade 2's Challenge Mode also had restrictive conditions but you still had the liberty in what setup you wanted to be in. 

Time Attack is neat and all but it's essentially just a diet version of Xenoblade 2's Challenge Mode.

I agree, Time Attack isn't as well done as challenge mode. There aren't enough fights to do. Seriously, I want to refight a lot of other boss battles, too!

7 hours ago, Karimlan said:

You know how folks tout Xenoblade as a JRPG that got the MMO treatment and delivered? Well the point I'm gonna make isn't related to that (lol).

It was common practice for me to use combat arts/skills on the left side of the screen (buffs on the right side) when I was still playing those games (cough, P2W, err, F2P games, cough) years ago. I find myself orienting every character in XBDE in reverse. I wonder why.

Yikes, that must get confusing.

Edited by lightcosmo

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

^^

Hopefully the post game dungeon won't make you pull your hair as it can ger pretty annoying. Thankfully you can buy warp points between sections, and it isn't the only thing you can do post game iirc.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Never played Hollow Knight, but damn, this sounds great!

I admit... neither have I. I discovered the channel it's on after my last song parody while looking for more to do. I ended up listening to a few despite having no plans to parody what is essentially a fan-creation. A few turned to a lot... and now I've got a playlist of my favourites for use while editing chapters of my LP or checking the daily covid statistics.

10 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I admit... neither have I. I discovered the channel it's on after my last song parody while looking for more to do. I ended up listening to a few despite having no plans to parody what is essentially a fan-creation. A few turned to a lot... and now I've got a playlist of my favourites for use while editing chapters of my LP or checking the daily covid statistics.

Life does work in the strangest of ways sometimes.

Speaking of your LP, I missed your last update. I think I'll go rectify that real quick.

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll admit I've never actually played the post-game of Berseria, so I'm completely in the dark about it.

There're a couple cool boss fights (one super cool even), a very long Post game dungeon with cool Bosses but blegh mobs and time limits. Finishing post game dungeon gives a very important piece of lore as well. There's also the final boss refight.

Edited by Shrimperor

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of your LP, I missed your last update. I think I'll go rectify that real quick.

Eh, thanks for unintentionally reminding me. I need to do that myself.

Oh, and this has been on my playlist for the past several days. I can't stop listening to it.

Edited by twilitfalchion

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There're a couple cool boss fights (one super cool even), a very long Post game dungeon with cool Bosses but blegh mobs and time limits. Finishing post game dungeon gives a very important piece of lore as well. There's also the final boss refight.

I see, I see! Thanks for explaining! ^^
I'll get to that someday myself, I think.

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, thanks for unintentionally reminding me. I need to do that myself.

No problem!

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Bonus points if it's an actual song. Gets you pumped up.

Vocal songs is one of the reasons why i love the Azure Striker Gunvolt series so much. Getting 1000+ points during a mission will cause a vocal song to play and it'll keep playing so long as you don't lose those points (which you lose by either getting hit three times or getting hit once depending on the difficulty chosen, you also lose them by hitting checkpoints or using skills but in those latter cases, the points get saved into your overall score).

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree, Time Attack isn't as well done as challenge mode. There aren't enough fights to do. Seriously, I want to refight a lot of other boss battles, too

I don't necciesarily think the quantity is the issue but the quality. Compared to Time Attack, you're generally given more freedom in Xenoblade 2's Challenge Mode. Even with the restrictions, you have different options for tackling something whereas Time Attack puts you in a set team (disregard free battles here) and that's the only way you can complete things.

The other factor is that Xenoblade 2's combat is just way more fun. That and actual difficulty options.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Never played Hollow Knight, but damn, this sounds great!

It's basically a Dark Souls Metroidvania. Like actually though, no "haha it's the Dark Souls of thing" memes here.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hopefully the post game dungeon won't make you pull your hair as it can ger pretty annoying.

Mmm we'll see. Berseria's dungeons are pretty bland and it only got mildly annoying whenever the multi-barriers were in play, mainly because you can't see them on the map so you kinda have to guess which switches to hit sometimes.

Edited by Armagon

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The other factor is that Xenoblade 2's combat is just way more fun.

oh? I might pick it up after DE then because i am enjoying the gameplay quite a bit.

especially the vision Mechanic is super good

Edited by Shrimperor

I'd say, been hearing out the AC soundtracks... and it's actually a little weird to just hear the music. Without the radio chatter and all that stuff, heh. My mind actually starts to automatically fill it in.