Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

That's exactly the party I used, too! They were the most useful for most battles, I felt and they had great synergy.

I have Lightning as lead because 1000% personal bias, and Fang because its Fang, as for Vanille, well, I used Hope last time, so it's her turn.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I Lightning as lead because 1000% personal bias, and Fang because its Fang, as for Vanille, well, I used Hope last time, so it's her turn.

I see, I see! I used them because they had the best skills for the paradigm setups I had. That I liked these three characters helped, of course.

Well, I'm done Path of Radiance. The last map was a nice challenge (had to reset a couple times before figuring out what to do), although Ashnard was disappointingly easy. The fight boiled down to letting Ike counter and having Elincia fly in and out to heal in between attacks. Weirdly enough, Ike never activated Aether. Maybe he can't against Ashnard? I don't know, but the ending was great and an awesome wrap-up to an excellent game.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I see, I see! I used them because they had the best skills for the paradigm setups I had. That I liked these three characters helped, of course.

Ah, I suppose those reasons make more sense than personal bias towards a favorite.

Ah, I suppose those reasons make more sense than personal bias towards a favorite.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to mock you or your reasons, just explaining why I personally used that particular team.
Sorry if it came across that way!

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to mock you or your reasons, just explaining why I personally used that particular team.
Sorry if it came across that way!

It didn't feel that way at all! I just thought it was funny that your logic was more strategic and mine was just playing as a personal favorite from the series.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, I'm done Path of Radiance. The last map was a nice challenge (had to reset a couple times before figuring out what to do), although Ashnard was disappointingly easy. The fight boiled down to letting Ike counter and having Elincia fly in and out to heal in between attacks. Weirdly enough, Ike never activated Aether. Maybe he can't against Ashnard? I don't know, but the ending was great and an awesome wrap-up to an excellent game.

Hey, glad you enjoyed it!
Did you have your laguz royal fight Ashnard, as well? Would have made him even easier.
As for the Aether thing, I don't recall Ashnard having Nihil, but I don't think ever seeing Aether against him, either. Odd.

It didn't feel that way at all! I just thought it was funny that your logic was more strategic and mine was just playing as a personal favorite from the series.

I see! I'm glad!
I admit, it is kind of funny. I feel that way every time someone uses one of my favorite FE characters. I'm just like "yeah, I like this character" whereas others have these huge strategies in mind.

I see! I'm glad!
I admit, it is kind of funny. I feel that way every time someone uses one of my favorite FE characters. I'm just like "yeah, I like this character" whereas others have these huge strategies in mind.

Yeah, sorry for that mix up.

TBH, Light is partly what inspired my username, so yeah, obviously i'm pretty bias.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Congrats! I personally dislike PoR with a passion, but happy to hear you completed it.

Also, Ike can activate Aether against Ashnard.

Hey, glad you enjoyed it!
Did you have your laguz royal fight Ashnard, as well? Would have made him even easier.
As for the Aether thing, I don't recall Ashnard having Nihil, but I don't think ever seeing Aether against him, either. Odd.

I did use Tibarn to speed the fight up, but otherwise just kept letting Ike counter and healing with Elincia. My Ike also had capped speed, so he never got doubled either. That's probably also why it was a bit easier.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, sorry for that mix up.

No problem!

TBH, Light is partly what inspired my username, so yeah, obviously i'm pretty bias.

Ah, interesting!
I've said it before, but I am biased towards my favorites as well. Once I pick a fav in an RPG, they have to be in the party, damn everything else.

Also, Ike can activate Aether against Ashnard.

Ah, so he can. Okay. I wasn't sure, since I don't remember him activating it, but good to know that it is possible!

Just now, twilitfalchion said:
I did use Tibarn to speed the fight up, but otherwise just kept letting Ike counter and healing with Elincia. My Ike also had capped speed, so he never got doubled either. That's probably also why it was a bit easier.

Ah, so you got Tibarn? I picked Giffca on my very first playthrough, which made Ashnard even easier (Giffca is the biggest damage dealer between the three you can pick from).

Edited by DragonFlames

No problem!

Ah, interesting!
I've said it before, but I am biased towards my favorites as well. Once I pick a fav in an RPG, they have to be in the party, damn everything else.

Ah, so he can. Okay. I wasn't sure, since I don't remember him activating it, but good to know that it is possible!

That's me as well! Especially like in this instance.

Yep, but your better off with having Ike use resolve/Wrath instead.

Yep, but your better off with having Ike use resolve/Wrath instead.

Oh yeah, especially on the harder modes, this is much better than Aether.
Question is if you can kill the Black Knight with that, however. If I remember correctly, even max strength Ike can't kill the Black Knight without activating Aether at least twice.

Question is if you can kill the Black Knight with that, however. If I remember correctly, even max strength Ike can't kill the Black Knight without activating Aether at least twice.

Yeah, I didn't kill BK in Ch. 27. I might have if I hadn't run out of turns. Of course, Ike was at around 7 HP, so it's probably a good thing the chapter automatically ended, haha. The one time I actually had Aether activate, I accidentally equipped a silver sword and did no damage.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Oh yeah, especially on the harder modes, this is much better than Aether.

You can't give Ike Resolve as you get it that chapter, right before you face off. Since Resolve gives you x1.5 strength, yeah it's pretty easy.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I didn't kill BK in Ch. 27. I might have if I hadn't run out of turns. Of course, Ike was at around 7 HP, so it's probably a good thing the chapter automatically ended, haha. The one time I actually had Aether activate, I accidentally equipped a silver sword and did no damage.

I got lucky with my Ike activating Aether twice in a row...nine years ago. 

*Swigs more whiskey*

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, I didn't kill BK in Ch. 27. I might have if I hadn't run out of turns. Of course, Ike was at around 7 HP, so it's probably a good thing the chapter automatically ended, haha.

Oh boy!
You actually lasted it out? Awesome! I chickened out and immediately had Ike flee when the fight started. I was like "yeah, no thanks!"

You can't give Ike Resolve as you get it that chapter, right before you face off. Since Resolve gives you x1.5 strength, yeah it's pretty easy.

I see!

Just now, Wraith said:

I got lucky with my Ike activating Aether twice in a row...nine years ago.

As far as I'm aware, that's the only way to actually win that fight.

Edited by DragonFlames

Oh boy!
You actually lasted it out? Awesome! I chickened out and immediately had Ike flee when the fight started. I was like "yeah, no thanks!"

Since I didn't have Mist, I let Ike counter while feeding him elixirs. BK also critted most turns, so I probably would have died had the chapter not ended before I could retreat.

Since I didn't have Mist, I let Ike counter while feeding him elixirs. BK also critted most turns, so I probably would have died had the chapter not ended before I could retreat.

I am legitimately impressed!

I am legitimately impressed!

I hope it didn't sound like I was bragging about it or anything. It was seriously just dumb luck that I didn't have to restart.

Now on to Radiant Dawn. RD easy mode is basically PoR normal, right?

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

… what happened to Mist?

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

… what happened to Mist?

Lost her to a lucky crit from a Killing Edge in Ch. 26, IIRC. I had Elincia, so I wasn't concerned about losing Mist.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Now on to Radiant Dawn. RD easy mode is basically PoR normal, right?

More or less, although easy mode has a few things you may or may not like.

The exp gains are insane, powering through the enemies is a thing.

enemy density is much lower than on Normal Mode, so less to fight.

The endgame on easy mode grants +5 to all units stats for no good reason, it just does to make it "easy".

One thing that is important to remember, do you remember the lovely leadship system from FE4? Well that's in this game as well, and also gives +5 to hit/avo per authority as they call it.

This can make or break you in very specific chapters.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Lost her to a lucky crit from a Killing Edge in Ch. 26, IIRC. I had Elincia, so I wasn't concerned about not having a healer.

Ouch, That's bad luck.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

More or less, although easy mode has a few things you may or may not like.

The exp gains are insane, powering through the enemies is a thing.

enemy density is much lower than on Normal Mode, so less to fight.

The endgame on easy mode grants +5 to all units stats for no good reason, it just does to make it "easy".

One thing that is important to remember, do you remember the lovely leadship system from FE4? Well that's in this game as well, and also gives +5 to hit/avo per authority as they call it.

This can make or break you in very specific chapters.

Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for letting me know.

Of course! I thought you would be more than happy to know some FE4 mechanics made their way into the game!