Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My bottom five Fate characters are these freakshows:
Shinji, Archimedes, Leo, Sieg, and Shinji again (Fate/Extra Shinji counts as a different Shinji, right?)

From what I remember about Extraverse Shinji he isn't in the same situation as Fate Stay The Night at Emiya's house's Shinji.

Edited by Strullemia

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

She isn't. The other pink-haired, girlie character is Astolfo... who is actually a guy. A.k.a. a trap, like Lucius.

I see.

Speaking of which, why does everyone pronounce Lucius as Lushius? I always thought it was Lusius!

Just now, Benice said:

Speaking of which, why does everyone pronounce Lucius as Lushius? I always thought it was Lusius!

I always pronounced it the first way because that's how I heard it be pronounced in a movie I watched as a kid.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I always pronounced it the first way because that's how I heard it be pronounced in a movie I watched as a kid.

I guess that makes sense. But where's the Sh sound coming from?!

Aaaah, it's english. It doesn't make sense. I'll just accept it.

EDIT: Pls use Aran in your playthrough of RD. The lad needs some love.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Please don't slander the Genki archetype like that, tyvm

I mean... I mean...
He fits that archetype perfectly. Just with a d instead of a v down below.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wait. That's a guy? Never would've guessed that.

That was my first reaction to him, as well.

Just now, Strullemia said:

I mean from what I remember about Extraverse Shinji he isn't in the same situation as Fate Stay The Night at Emiya's house's Shinji.

Yeah, he's an 8-year old boy posing as him, but that doesn't change the fact that he was still a massive d-bag just like his Stay Night counterpart.
His death in Extra, I was actually happy about. Leo's, too. Gawain was also kind of a dick in Extra, but he got better in Extella, at least.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

5aGj8kA.jpg

come at me

I immensely regret posting that CG now...

---

Know the Mercy of the King of Gods
Indra, open your eyes
This single strike is extinction itself
Burn it all down, Vasavi Shakti!
~ best NP ever

I really need to come up with a phrase like this for the Gehaburn.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

5aGj8kA.jpg

come at me

It's okay, Shrimpy, we can still be friends after. I have taught myself to accept my friends, even if they are naturally wrong, so you have nothing to worry about.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

It's okay, Shrimpy, we can still be friends after. I have taught myself to accept my friends, even if they are naturally wrong, so you have nothing to worry about.

Haha

Well played xD

And here i wanted to bring my whole arsenal out XD

And revive my KingOfBait Phase

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Really...? XD

I find myself needing heals quite a bit against Bosses. I couldn't even defeat bronze face without leading with Sharla and playing a support role for that fight haha. Maybe when i get Riki, whoever that is, i shall see xD

If you're in for a protracted fight, then Sharla is good for her healing. But given the near-instant automatic HP regeneration after every battle, wandering and fighting ordinary enemies doesn't require her if you kill everything fast enough. And with Sharla, she's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy, in that she has limited offense, which means you can't be as fast with the kills, which means you get into longer fights where the heals become more valuable.

Everyone in the game is perfectly usable, Sharla included, so play as you will.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I think the worst part of the game though is the villains. The party members were so good but the villains were so lacking in comparison. None of the villains were neither compelling or entertaining and it made the personal conflicts between them and the party members fall flat. Even Velvet's final confrontation with Artorius didn't have the impact i thought it should. It may also have to do with the fact that the villains barely appear in the plot though it's not neccisarily the cause.

Villains in the Tales, judging from what I've played, aren't usually the best. Going on a rough spectrum from worst to better:

• ToP- Never finished but Dhaos is simple b/c very old game.
  • ToG- Never finished but the plot in this game is safe and super-duper dull, and the villains are unfortunately the same. 
  • ToV- Not one consistent villain. The 1st arc ends with a grunt. The 2nd villain is blander than blandest blandness yet the game tries to make you feel actual anger towards them for a reason other than boringness. And the 3rd is a nice person- but they and the third arc overall doesn't belong, it's not the story that should've been told.
  • ToSDotNW- Ehh... I'm  not sure what to make of them.
  • ToAb- Its central villain is dry despite an in-principle tragic backstory, though his underlings are of varying quality, one of whom I actually like.
  • ToS- The main villain winds up being a ginormous pity magnet, who never could've gotten their dreams fulfilled despite a massive amount of planning, time, and effort going into making them happen. ToS was my first Tales, and I guess I like them. The minions are a generic bag however.
  • ToX- I like the setup of the final villains, but I don't like one of them, even if the other is very likable to me.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, he's an 8-year old boy posing as him, but that doesn't change the fact that he was still a massive d-bag just like his Stay Night counterpart.

His death in Extra, I was actually happy about. Leo's, too. Gawain was also kind of a dick in Extra, but he got better in Extella, at least.

He also gets better in CCC.

Honestly, I don't remember caring that much about the characters in Extra. Aside from the servants they weren't that interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And revive my KingOfBait Phase

Emperor of Shrimps, King of Bait.
You're playing both sides of the seafood chain, I see! XD

1 minute ago, Strullemia said:

He also gets better in CCC.

I'd probably still hate him, just on the grounds that it's Shinji.
Yes, I am very petty.

3 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Honestly, I don't remember caring that much about the characters in Extra. Aside from the servants they weren't that interesting. 

I only watched a playthrough of Extra, but I remember liking Rani and Dan Blackmore a lot. Alice was also one of the more memorable characters to me.
And as out of nowhere as the final boss was, I found him to be quite interesting, as well.

You people really know how to make me feel like I'm back in 2012-2014 or so...

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

So... what to do against enemies who constantly spawn copies of themselves or a group that severely outnumbers you, when you have nothing in the way of AOE, a limited pool of MP to heal, and only two characters who die surprisingly quickly? Because I'm stumped.

At that point of the game? Run away, really. Until you get spells like Dazzle or Snooze for crowd control... yeah.

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

I know this maybe out of the blue, but what the hell is going on with the FE YouTube community? 

I could guess, the Mangs thing still going.

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One of my favorite 3DS games, and the Switch version really is worth the price imo. Dolce and Clorica are best girls.

That's a weird way to spell Dolce and Margaret.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

• ToP- Never finished but Dhaos is simple b/c very old game.

Even with how old Phantasia is, I wouldn't call Dhaos simple.

Of course, he would get more fleshed out through spin-offs like Narikiri Dungeon and supplemental material.

Even then with just old SNES!Phantasia, he's not.

Spoiler

Since he's a man desperately wanting to save his own wold, which killed its own Mana Tree due to constant war which led to someone inventing the Mana Cannon. But when he finds a world with another Mana Tree he could procure a seed from, he sees the inhabitants starting to misuse mana as well, and after attempts to reason with them failed, he's felt he had no choice but to force them to stop. Which leads to a war with the locals... which leads to them inventing their own Mana Cannon.

It's a mess of a situation, but that shows it's far from simple.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At that point of the game? Run away, really. Until you get spells like Dazzle or Snooze for crowd control... yeah.

I have Dazzle on Bianca, but that didn't really do a whole lot.
Thanks for the tip, though!

---

When do I get to play as him?
Or Altera?

Gotta have all options available xD

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

wait you mean we aren't in 2014

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you're in for a protracted fight, then Sharla is good for her healing. But given the near-instant automatic HP regeneration after every battle, wandering and fighting ordinary enemies doesn't require her if you kill everything fast enough. And with Sharla, she's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy, in that she has limited offense, which means you can't be as fast with the kills, which means you get into longer fights where the heals become more valuable.

ic ic

45 minutes ago, Caster said:

I feel Zestiria's main villain was probably one of the worst, if you ever decide to try it again. Please don't.

I saw the Zestiria anime and i don't remember the villain at all lmao. 

38 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Dolce and Clorica are best girls

This is the correct opinion. Truly, you are enlightened.

But yeah, both versions of the game are good. Looking forward to Rune Factory 5.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Villains in the Tales, judging from what I've played, aren't usually the best.

Tbh, judging from the anime adaptations i've seen, i kinda got that same feeling. But since anime adaptations aren't a proper representation of the game a lot of the time, i refrained from commenting on that since i wanted to be fair.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's a weird way to spell Dolce and Margaret.

You're right, that is weird. After all, Dolce and Margaret are weird ways of spelling Clorica.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I saw the Zestiria anime and i don't remember the villain at all lmao. 

I've played the game and I barely remember him, don't worry.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, thanks for the response! I'll definitely save all of it for when I start my playthrough. And welcome back!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, welcome back, @Falcom Knight!

Oh, my.

When did I post the last time?

Four and half days ago?

Seriously I will follow this chat and post when it could become essential.

But for the most time I will do nothing here aside of lurking.

Tomorrow I will have a longer break, but I will take the time to go out for trips on every single day (if the weather lets me). This has been summer goddamn awful so far. It has nothing to do with summer in the slightest. It was so cold and wet that I even had to drink tea today. Feeling really week today. Was close to the moment to vomit, but a pill prevented it thankfully. It shall become better the next days at least, so I can see the one or other place. Bruxelles and Gent were on my to do list since I never have been there before. Hopefully it will turn out decently.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Emperor of Shrimps, King of Bait.

I'd probably still hate him, just on the grounds that it's Shinji.
Yes, I am very petty.

I only watched a playthrough of Extra, but I remember liking Rani and Dan Blackmore a lot. Alice was also one of the more memorable characters to me.
And as out of nowhere as the final boss was, I found him to be quite interesting, as well.

Rani and Alice were fine. Dan was Robin Hood's master, right? The guy that wanted to fight honorable even thought that weakened his servants potential. He's alright but I don't really care much for characters like him. 

I've played Extra and it sort of reminded of the Fate route. A solid start to a story with a lot of potential but as it stands a story with not enough meat to it. Apparently people told me that CCC has that extra meat but sadly IT NEVER GOT TRANSLATED.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

So, totally dies, then?

Yup. Dead as hell. Though he is the final boss, so that was a given.

Just now, Strullemia said:

Rani and Alice were fine. Dan was Robin Hood's master, right? The guy that wanted to fight honorable even thought that weakened his servants potential.

Yup, that he was!

1 minute ago, Strullemia said:

I've played Extra and it sort of reminded of the Fate route. A solid start to a story with a lot of potential but as it stands a story with not enough meat to it. Apparently people told me that CCC has that extra meat but sadly IT NEVER GOT TRANSLATED.

I heard CCC is supposedly really good. And also really weird.

I liked Extra from what I saw. Story was solid, music was fun, characters were good to great (Tamamo especially), but the gameplay seemed iffy at times. Not sure about that latter part, since I only watched the game.

---

Preliminary Fate Extella Link Tier list!
wBltntZ.png

Characters are listed 50% by how much I like them, 50% by how much fun they are to play in the game.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Preliminary Fate Extella Link Tier list!
wBltntZ.png

Characters are listed 50% by how much I like them, 50% by how much fun they are to play in the game.

Polygamist castration fist = best attack = best character?

Edited by twilitfalchion