Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is he actually good?

I'll try to be unbiased here:

Aran is a lv. 7 soldier you get midway through chapter 3 who appears as an enemy, recruitable by talking with Laura. His bases are fairly well-rounded. He's fast enough not to get doubled and is overall pretty okay at base, as well as somewhat physically tanky. (11 def, 24 hp.) He has no skills when he joins.

He has 70% growth in each of strength, skill and defense, meaning that he will demolish his stat caps given a few levels and will be more or less impervious to physical damage after a little bit. However, he has a mere 35% growth in speed, meaning that he is fairly slow and is unlikely to double, but IMO if he's getting enough speed to be close it's worth giving him speedwings since's strong as hecc. His res is also bad and his luck is meh. He's more or less an armor knight in a better class. His high skill can also be used for high-ish activation rates of skill-based proc skills.

And his magic is also really bad. The most important stat for a physical tank, of course.

However, Aran's meh speed is patchable due to the Bexp system of RD-he will cap strength, skill and defense quite quickly at all three tiers, meaning that his bexp levels are likely to bear speed.

In my experience, Aran was super helpful in most of part one and was a hero in 3-6 due to his sky high defense allowing him to soak up hits from tigers and being able to choke points when nobody else I had could. (Although a propely used Jill could probably do that job too, even if I don't understand why people think she's so good in RD.)

Something I did in my RD run too was sleep Ike in 13-3 and then use Aran to go to the bottom layer and take him out. T'was the one time in the game Impale was actually useful!

TL;DR He's really tanky, strong and skilled but won't double most of the time. He's perfectly fine at base and will bring some needed tankiness to part one after a little while and might surpass Nolan in terms of survivability.

Anyhoo, nobody ever uses him but he was my mvp of RD in my first run, (which technically still hasn't ended because Deghinsea is mean) and his talks with Laura are cute.

Edited by Benice

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Polygamist castration fist = best attack = best character?

Exactly!
In all seriousness, Tamamo, to me, is the best character in Fate, even without the Polygamist Castration Fist.

Ah, RD.

I remember most of my playthrough in Part 1 went with mostly sticking to just Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, Volug, and everyone else just occasionally... and some never.

Since I play for the long haul, already having in mind who I want in Endgame and how to get there. Not much of a fan of the team-changing structure of RD, to be honest.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup. Dead as hell. Though he is the final boss, so that was a given.

Yup, that he was!

I heard CCC is supposedly really good. And also really weird.

I liked Extra from what I saw. Story was solid, music was fun, characters were good to great (Tamamo especially), but the gameplay seemed iffy at times. Not sure about that latter part, since I only watched the game.

---

Preliminary Fate Extella Link Tier list!
wBltntZ.png

Characters are listed 50% by how much I like them, 50% by how much fun they are to play in the game.

You don't like Rex? I actually quite liked him, especially with the last route. I find his actions fine enough with his personality, and I quite like his interactions and dichotomy between him and Charlie. 

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Exactly!
In all seriousness, Tamamo, to me, is the best character in Fate, even without the Polygamist Castration Fist.

What makes you like her so much, if I may ask? Especially since I know very little about Fate or Tamamo, so I wouldn't know myself.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'll try to be unbiased here:

Aran is a lv. 7 soldier you get midway through chapter 3 who appears as an enemy, recruitable by talking with Laura. His bases are fairly well-rounded. He's fast enough not to get doubled and is overall pretty okay at base, as well as somewhat physically tanky. (11 def, 24 hp.) He has no skills when he joins.

He has 70% growth in each of strength, skill and defense, meaning that he will demolish his stat caps given a few levels and will be more or less impervious to physical damage after a little bit. However, he has a mere 35% growth in speed, meaning that he is fairly slow and is unlikely to double, but IMO if he's getting enough speed to be close it's worth giving him speedwings since's strong as hecc. His res is also bad and his luck is meh. He's more or less an armor knight in a better class. His high skill can also be used for high-ish activation rates of skill-based proc skills.

And his magic is also really bad. The most important stat for a physical tank, of course.

However, Aran's meh speed is patchable due to the Bexp system of RD-he will cap strength, skill and defense quite quickly at all three tiers, meaning that his bexp levels are likely to bear speed.

In my experience, Aran was super helpful in most of part one and was a hero in 3-6 due to his sky high defense allowing him to soak up hits from tigers and being able to choke points when nobody else I had could. (Although a propely used Jill could probably do that job too, even if I don't understand why people think she's so good in RD.)

Something I did in my RD run too was sleep Ike in 13-3 and then use Aran to go to the bottom layer and take him out. T'was the one time in the game Impale was actually useful!

TL;DR He's really tanky, strong and skilled but won't double most of the time. He's perfectly fine at base and will bring some needed tankiness to part one after a little while and might surpass Nolan in terms of survivability.

Anyhoo, nobody ever uses him but he was my mvp of RD in my first run, (which technically still hasn't ended because Deghinsea is mean) and his talks with Laura are cute.

Okay, thanks for explaining. I usually try to use the best units in games when I'm going in blind (except for Path of Radiance, where BEXP can make anyone good. it's how I brought Nephenee to endgame), but I'll give Aran a look.

Edited by twilitfalchion

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

What makes you like her so much, if I may ask? Especially since I know very little about Fate or Tamamo, so I wouldn't know myself.

Because she is the best character created by human hands.

42 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Okay, thanks for explaining. I usually try to use the best units in games when I'm going in blind (except for Path of Radiance, where BEXP can make anyone good. it's how I brought Nephenee to endgame), but I'll give Aran a look.

He's not top-tier, but I believe that he's good.

Plus the fact that he doesn't die in one hit like the rest of the DB. Seriously, Micaiah, Laura, Ilyana (somewhat) and Leonardo all die in one hit.

There's also the fact that IMO both other Soldeir-Halberdier-Sentinels are pretty bad, to the point that I'd consider them worse than Aran in some way- Danved has really good bases, but he's got almost no avaliablility before part 4, (two chapters in part 2, two chapters in part 3) so will be really hard to train-and he's overleveled for his initial join time, so he doesn't get much exp. Nephenee suffers from what I call part 2 syndrome- Being a higher level than the enemy but not really having amazing bases-I needed to really rely on Brom to pull me through 2-1 and 2-2. Her growths are pretty eh aside from skill and speed, which are both phenomenal, as well as decent res. Still, she's squishy and RD's not a dodgetank friendly game in my limited experience. There's nothing saying you can't use all of them, though.

Edited by Benice

No wonder I liked Dolce in RF4 so much. Along with her personality and design being so good, I just found out her voice actress was Laura Bailey, same as Lucina.

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 hours ago, Caster said:

You don't like Rex? I actually quite liked him, especially with the last route. I find his actions fine enough with his personality, and I quite like his interactions and dichotomy between him and Charlie. 

I like him well enough as an antagonist. I think he gets the job done, and is well written on top of that.
As someone who puts great stock on individuality and free will, I just heavily disagree with his methods, so he's on the "Go away" bracket for that reason (that same reason is why I called Artorius a shithead, by the way).

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

She's what would happen if you fused Neptune and Musse, basically.

Joking aside, she has a sweet personality, the kind that would get anyone out of their sadness, is really funny, and has a very cute design.
She also has an incredibly heartrending backstory (she tried to help people, but they shunned and eventually killed her on the grounds that she was not human), and a very, very heartwarming motivation (she just wants someone to love and for someone to genuinely love her in return).

---

30jnA89.jpg
For you, @Wraith

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Exactly!

That's not Shirou, Illya or Archer.

---

You've been playing Fate EXTELLA LINK? How are you liking it so far? I've never played a musou game but I've been wanting to give either FE Warriors or one of the Fate EXTELLA games a shot. 

1 minute ago, Strullemia said:

You've been playing Fate EXTELLA LINK? How are you liking it so far? I've never played a musou game but I've been wanting to give either FE Warriors or one of the Fate EXTELLA games a shot. 

I didn't know Fate EXTELLA LINK was a musou game. I can't speak for Fate EXTELLA, but I can say that FE Warriors is worth it if you get it for a good price. Amazon has it for about $30 less than MSRP on average. The gameplay can be repetitive but it's fun in a mindless hack and slash kind of way and strategizing about what units are completing what objectives on the map makes the gameplay a bit more interesting.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She's what would happen if you fused Neptune and Musse, basically.

Joking aside, she has a sweet personality, the kind that would get anyone out of their sadness, is really funny, and has a very cute design.
She also has an incredibly heartrending backstory (she tried to help people, but they shunned and eventually killed her on the grounds that she was not human), and a very, very heartwarming motivation (she just wants someone to love and for someone to genuinely love her in return).

Aw, she sounds like a total sweetheart. So how does she reappear in new games if she was killed off though?

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Tamamo is a 0/10 character for not allowing Florina harems, change my mind.

The reason why I automatically like Tamamo even more.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I didn't know Fate EXTELLA LINK was a musou game. I can't speak for Fate EXTELLA, but I can say that FE Warriors is worth it if you get it for a good price. Amazon has it for about $30 less than MSRP on average. The gameplay can be repetitive but it's fun in a mindless hack and slash kind of way and strategizing about what units are completing what objectives on the map makes the gameplay a bit more interesting.

I want to wait with Fire Emblem Warriors because I'm one of those guys that doesn't really like the roster all that much. Not a big fan of the 3DS era except for Chrom and Frederik so that leaves Tiki, Marth, and Caeda (I'm also not a big fan of Lynn).

A part of me also wants to wait and see what Koei will do since I remember the developers saying that the game sold well so I'm hoping we'll get a second game with 3H and Tellius characters.

Just now, Strullemia said:

I want to wait with Fire Emblem Warriors because I'm one of those guys that doesn't really like the roster all that much. Not a big fan of the 3DS era except for Chrom and Frederik so that leaves Tiki, Marth, and Caeda (I'm also not a big fan of Lynn).

A part of me also wants to wait and see what Koei will do since I remember the developers saying that the game sold well so I'm hoping we'll get a second game with 3H and Tellius characters.

Ah, I see. I do wish they had given Tellius some reps as well along with even more Elibe reps. I also understand wanting to wait. I hope they put a lot more characters in a potential sequel. Heck, if they decided to make more DLC for the original I wouldn't complain.

-----------

Well, after seeing gameplay and trailers, as well as hearing reviews and review scores, Paper Mario's looking to be a pass for me. No XP means no real incentive to battle and a good story with okay gameplay is not enough to make me want to spend money on it.

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Aw, she sounds like a total sweetheart. So how does she reappear in new games if she was killed off though?

I hope you know the servants in Fate are all  dead, basically, you just summon them back as spirits... since they don't exist anymore, since they're all either mythological/real world figures... that aren't around anymore

1 minute ago, Caster said:

I hope you know the servants in Fate are all  dead, basically, you just summon them back as spirits... since they don't exist anymore, since they're all either mythological/real world figures... that aren't around anymore

No, I didn't know that, but it would explain the existence of characters like Nero.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

No, I didn't know that, but that's a bit disturbing.

Well, that's not 100%, but that's the basic jist, basically, I also suck at explanations, so.

It's not a matter of "how did they bring her back in subsequent games if she died"
It's "you summon her because she has passed in life and can return as a heroic spirit if summoned".

Just now, Caster said:

It's not a matter of "how did they bring her back in subsequent games if she died"
It's "you summon her because she has passed in life and can return as a heroic spirit if summoned".

Gotcha. I understand. Thanks for explaining.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Gotcha. I understand. Thanks for explaining.

Unless you got a friendship with King Arthur irl, then let me know, I'll gladly be wrong.

I'm not up-to-date with all of the Fate lore because god knows how many there is at this point but in Fate Stay Night the servants that got summoned generally got summoned because they wanted to fight for the grail and gain a wish. Mind you that's the setup of the story, even back in the original story there's a lot more to it than that.

Oh, and there's one class of servants called the Berserker class. When a servant gets summoned in that class they gain +1 to all their stats but also go insane which in most cases like Heracles seriously nerfs the servant.