• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlamesGratz on finishing 😄

Thanks! ^^
Up next is Trails in the Sky!

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

And that's all I needed to see. So kawaii!

wait, did I just say kawaii?

You did! And I agree! One of the cutest character designs in all of Fate, in my opinion.

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh yeah, I actually was assigned to read that (or an excerpt from it) in my senior year of HS. It was pretty good, although I'm not a terribly interested in the Arthurian stories.

Lucky!
We had nothing like that during that time. We read modern German stuff, which ranged from meh to sleep-inducingly boring.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you don't mind reading it in English, I'll sell you my copy, it makes a good footrest. I don't know if all Arthurian literature is like it, but boy it was dry. There were some good parts I admit, but it was very long, and it isn't an entirely cohesive work, it's basically an anthology of so many Arthurian stories, albeit not all of them. And Gawain is a less honorable knight than elsewhere in the canon here.

It starts with Arthur well and good for say two big parts if memory serves, and then turns to other knights for the bulk of the book, Frenchalot du Fanfiction chief among them of course, but Gareth comes to mind as another. I disliked the Tristian and Isolde segment, because Malory lost the third section of his French sources, so doesn't it have a resolution. You've got the Holy Grail quest of mostly LancesGuinevereAlot, Galaperfect, Percy, and Bors the Only Had Sex Once. And finally it wraps up with the demise of Camelot.

Interesting, interesting! Thank you for the write-up.
Methinks you disliked Lancelot. Just a hunch, lmao

I'm mixed on the paragraphs where they consisted of nothing except naming off "Sir A, Sir B, Sir C... Sir Z, Sir AA, Sir AB...", they're dually absurd.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms also had passages where they just named off characters, particularly when they talked about military formations. You'd often have stuff like
"General of the Front [Name], General of the Right [Name], Rear General of the Left [Name], Front General of the Right [Name], Rear General of the Right Front in Front of the Left Rear [Name]" etc.

Le Morte D'Arthur does contain the world's first Same Turn Reinforcement, a "Sir Brunis Sans Pites" who several times rides in out of nowhere, jousts at someone, says his name, and flees, never is he caught. I want him in FE.

So THAT'S where FE got the idea from! XD

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I just remembered, from the Symphonia OVA's, this was a fine good song...

Oh yeah, that song is absolutely beautiful!

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's ok, you can say the Greataxe.

Honestly, since you're more often than not doing auto-attack canceling, you don't really need to worry about how long it takes to complete one auto-attack cycle. The one time that actually mattered i've learned is with Lora in Torna. The first and second hits of her auto-attack come out really fast so it's faster to auto-attack cancel after her second auto-attack.

Getting lost in a Xenoblade world is a good thing.

Hey, the greataxe is great, okay? Be nice!

Yeah, Jin's AA is the same way as Lora's, really quick with the first hit so no reason to go on with it. Of course, if your plan is to build specials up, then going for the 3/4th hit isn't always a bad thing.

Getting lost? I always thought that the compass was a pretty good guide in 2. It really helped me at least.

Also, if your playing Torna, quests are actually pretty interesting, in my opinion. Quite decent amount of characterization + funny character interactions.

I mean I like Lucina a lot (even own a cosplay costume to underline it), but her perfomance isn't....... quite enough.

The first three were literal gamebreakers in their games.

Don’t worry Julian Teehee, nobody is perfect.

I'm seriously relieved to read it.

Will do a tier list for Trails tomorrow.

a gift to all Lysithea fans

Little warning: This truly shows her adultness aka her beautiness.

Edited by Julian Teehee

5 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I mean I like Lucina a lot (even own a cosplay costume to underline it), but her perfomance isn't....... quite enough.

The first three were literal gamebreakers in their games.

Clearly, not enough! :dry:

Wait, your rating them off of gameplay performance? Huh, no wonder.

49 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I was bored.

Reveal hidden contents

mTjPmEt.png

Eh, I agree with most of this actually. For me, Severa, Felicia, Titania, and Marianne would be in loved, Mae would be in liked, Annette and Mia would move to appreciated, and Sumia would move to tolerated. But everything else, yeah.

Edited by twilitfalchion

I got doing one of these out of my system (not my video, I don't have the means to record/screenshot my own stuff):

I stupidly failed several times, because I wasn't patient and didn't wait for that crucial Soul Voice. Removing all resistance (though not immunity) to any debuff is powerful, but debuffs need stuff to help justify their inclusion on the palette, and that also includes their role in sustaining Overdrive.

Though even after a successful Control, I got tail whipped dead several more times, Servant Sacrifice isn't guaranteed to work. In addition, the "Concentrate Fire!" order I set to a 31 Grex beforehand to distract the AI didn't mean they stuck to shooting it until it died even if I changed my target, not good because Control will break due to damaging the Controlled. I should've set the AI to the command where they stand around me and do nothing at that point.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ch. 2-3 is probably one of the most enjoyable RD chapters so far. I like how, instead of having a high number of units to control as the player, you get a smaller force of stronger units with allied units to guide (or not if you choose). Nice map design as well.

list based on gameplay

Spoiler

agFklzF.png

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ch. 2-3 is probably one of the most enjoyable RD chapters so far. I like how, instead of having a high number of units to control as the player, you get a smaller force of stronger units with allied units to guide (or not if you choose). Nice map design as well.

2-F will be even better! 🙂

I love 2-3 too because it's the perfect chapter to train Marcia.

She claims 95% of all the kills (that's how she always becomes my MVP).

Even aside of that I like it because it gives the player the choice of getting (low) battle experience or bonus experience.

I usually focus on killing all the prepromoted enemies and leave as many first tier units alive as possible.

Edited by Julian Teehee

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Interesting, interesting! Thank you for the write-up.
Methinks you disliked Lancelot. Just a hunch, lmao

I mean, it's hard not to dislike the guy who literally screws Arthur's wife, figuratively screwing the kingdom. Mind I have a copy of the book myself, and have been reading it in my spare time. One of the funnier things I noticed was in the book, Excalibur breaks in battle with King Pellinor. Then afterwards Arthur gets Excalibur from the lady in the lake. This may seem like a continuity error, but it's one of the odder of Mallory's decisions. See, there were two variations of the tale of how Arthur got the sword Excalibur. "The Sword in the Stone" variation, and the "Lady in the Lake". By having two Excaliburs, one of which breaks before the other is obtained... the both can occur and any tales relating to either origin can fit into the narrative without contradiction.

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

I was bored.

Reveal hidden contents

mTjPmEt.png

>Tiki

>Scum-tier

image0-7.png?width=439&height=431

I made mine like last year but keep in mind it is outdated since it was before i had played TMS and didn't have a proper understanding of their characters. Also the Ashen Wolves girls are not there as well (perhaps i should update it)

rUhsjRi.png

url so you can zoom in cause you probably will need to

Again, this list was made before i played TMS and Cindered Shadows, so it's outdated. Since i'm too lazy to go and update it myself right now, pretend that the TMS girls are in B-tier, unless it's Mamori, who on account of being a literal child is going in the "Unranked B". Put the Ashen Wolves girls in "Unranked A".

Yeah i really did rank every FE girl (at the time).

Edited by Armagon